• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

reFLYluwasch

pilot
And let's not forget good night's sleep. I had forgotten what that felt like until March 6th.

I am starting to visit AW frequently again. Do you still remember how your OR broke the good news (pro-rec) to you? Mine said he had the results but said he couldn't tell me until the end of the week ... Me: "WhaAaAAaaat??" OR: "Just playing with you. Congratulations...." I called back later that day. OR (before I could say hello): "No. You're not dreaming. You're gonna be a Naval Officer." Had a good laugh. Now come on FS call!!! haha

A$AP

None
I am starting to visit AW frequently again. Do you still remember how your OR broke the good news (pro-rec) to you? Mine said he had the results but said he couldn't tell me until the end of the week ... Me: "WhaAaAAaaat??" OR: "Just playing with you. Congratulations...." I called back later that day. OR (before I could say hello): "No. You're not dreaming. You're gonna be a Naval Officer." Had a good laugh. Now come on FS call!!! haha
Haha that's awesome! Me, I got the call after 6PM and almost threw the phone across the room I was so excited/ sick to my stomach nervous. As soon as I heard my OR's happy tone of voice I knew. Then I went out and told my mom and she cried. She was just so happy whereas I was numb and in shock haha

reFLYluwasch

pilot
Gotta love the family! My wife surprised me at work to say congrats. My mom and mom in-law cried as well.
48554848.jpg

Last edited:
My OR left me a message (was sitting in class with the phone on silent) which he delivered in his best monotone. It went something like, "Calling to inform that we need to do X, Y, Z, and you will be up for the rolling SWO boards if you want to continue with that path, oh and by the way you were professionally recommended for Supply."

I had to listen 4 times for it to sink in. I called him back immediately and we laughed.

vladivostok391

Lieutenant, U.S. Navy
I saw on AW and the other online forum that everyone seemed to know their IDC board results, except me... I ended up having to contact my recruiter and he was like, "yeah, I normally don't like to do this over email, but you were PROREC'd for Intel"... Then give me a call, man! Haha it's all good, it was great news to read or hear and instantly made my week.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
If you read the Jan/Feb/March SNA thread, you can see the play by play of my results unfold. Lol

Meegs

When my OR called me, he sounded really serious and said that there was another supply board in dec ('13).

*long pause

But that I didn't need to think about that because I was picked up from the August board!
I just stood there in shock for about 15 seconds hahaha
He thought I hung up on him!