• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Meegs

I too was picked up for Supply on that board. Have you got your FINSEL yet?

Nope, still waiting. I PQ'd in early January and that was the last thing they needed.
I feel like I've waited forever just for information. I think we've started the mind games of ocs early...

Halstead

this is great if most candidates are applying for pilots..

the ONLY SPOT DUE TO AGE I qualify for is Intel!!

so keep those pilot apps. coming...more billets for me!!

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Your preference's are out of order pilot>>>
I thought you could select tail hook as a preference and then the navy determines your platform based on needs. Also who knows if I'll be physically qualified to be a pilot so if I get the whammy that knocks me to nfo I'm okay with that. And my GOAL is to make it through OCS then become a pilot but I don't get to decide that. From my understanding if I bust my ass in class once I've made it through OCS and if I get the 1 spot in API and primary I get more of a weight in determining my preferences. The thought is my studies and performance are things I can control to influence preference.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I thought you could select tail hook as a preference and then the navy determines your platform based on needs. Also who knows if I'll be physically qualified to be a pilot so if I get the whammy that knocks me to nfo I'm okay with that. And my GOAL is to make it through OCS then become a pilot but I don't get to decide that. From my understanding if I bust my ass in class once I've made it through OCS and if I get the 1 spot in API and primary I get more of a weight in determining my preferences. The thought is my studies and performance are things I can control to influence preference.
A) He either meant pilot/NFO selection is made well before platform selection, or that pilot is better than everything, which is how I've seen >>>>> used on Twitter. But it's probably the former.
2) I'd imagine you wouldn't be picking tailhook when you get to selection, they're currently trying to split it into jets and E-2/C-2, so you'd pick from one of four options: helicopters; multi-engine/maritime (P-3s, P-8s, and E-6Bs); jets (F-A/18 and EA-18G); or E-2/C-2.
D) Bust your ass in Primary. API, ehhhh, not so much. I've been told it counts for very little in terms of NSS (like the equivalent of half an event in Primary). Do well enough to pass, but don't burn out on it.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
A) He either meant pilot/NFO selection is made well before platform selection, or that pilot is better than everything, which is how I've seen >>>>> used on Twitter. But it's probably the former.
2) I'd imagine you wouldn't be picking tailhook when you get to selection, they're currently trying to split it into jets and E-2/C-2, so you'd pick from one of four options: helicopters; multi-engine/maritime (P-3s, P-8s, and E-6Bs); jets (F-A/18 and EA-18G); or E-2/C-2.
D) Bust your ass in Primary. API, ehhhh, not so much. I've been told it counts for very little in terms of NSS (like the equivalent of half an event in Primary). Do well enough to pass, but don't burn out on it.
fair enough, my NA buddy was guiding me through his general overview of what he has been through so far, up to his first solo in a t-45. As far as studies, if it counts I might as well give it all I have. Don't know that i'd push myself to burnout but I've been stuck in secondary/grad education for 8+ years straight I think I may be past mental burnout anyway. Again just have to pass NAMI or not much of what I have done to this point really matters in regards to want or preference, platform or pilot/NFO.

And it feels like Buzz is giving me advice lol...your girlfriend, woof

dstc

after a month of being sick, flu and cold back to back, did a prt. 10:50 1.5 mi run, 64 situps, 70 push ups. Body composition 15% body fat. Will do better next time, need to be redy for the stress of ocs.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
I've already had to buy new pants and shirts I can't imaging what its going to be like after OCS. Down 25 to 215 and probably going to hit 200 at OCS...should make running a bit easier and i'm maintaining muscle comp so should bode well for PRT in general. It's amazing what losing a little heft can do

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
And it feels like Buzz is giving me advice lol...your girlfriend, woof
Hey....she has feelings too :oops:

6fmeZsLUrg7izytgA149QNZDo1_1280.jpg

dstc

I've already had to buy new pants and shirts I can't imaging what its going to be like after OCS. Down 25 to 215 and probably going to hit 200 at OCS...should make running a bit easier and i'm maintaining muscle comp so should bode well for PRT in general. It's amazing what losing a little heft can do
Tell me about it, I was a heavy mess at 265 down to 190, running is so much easier.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Making it through flight school and getting winged is more important that what you want to select. It all depends on what the Navy needs, your NSS and what you want (not everyone gets or even wants jets later in flight school).

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Making it through flight school and getting winged is more important that what you want to select. It all depends on what the Navy needs, your NSS and what you want (not everyone gets or even wants jets later in flight school).
Truth. I wanted jets starting out, but now I'm leaning more towards P-8's or E-6's. Most convincing was the E-6 pilot who told us he was home for most of his kids' birthdays, major holidays, etc. It might not be a typical case, but it's still more appealing than deploying for 7+ months at a time if you want to have a family.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Truth. I wanted jets starting out, but now I'm leaning more towards P-8's or E-6's. Most convincing was the E-6 pilot who told us he was home for most of his kids' birthdays, major holidays, etc. It might not be a typical case, but it's still more appealing than deploying for 7+ months at a time if you want to have a family.
Or 8 hours of preflight for 1 hour of flight. In general if your concerned on what you want to fly and you haven't attended OCS...take a few steps back and understand you have awhile and different hurdles to overcome before ever attending flight school.

jb.jones

Pro rec from December borax curious how long it will be until I receive a final select as well as anyone have some swim workout to offer me that would be awesome

Coulanon

1 per diem, 2 per diem, 3 per diem, floor!
Pro rec from December borax curious how long it will be until I receive a final select as well as anyone have some swim workout to offer me that would be awesome

There are a couple of NFO PRO-Y hanging around here still from the December board. Latest word from NOPO is that they are in the process of filling the first few classes of FY '15 (July-Sept '14 OCS start date) and final selects for those classes will start rolling out some time in the next month or so.

jb.jones

There are a couple of NFO PRO-Y hanging around here still from the December board. Latest word from NOPO is that they are in the process of filling the first few classes of FY '15 (July-Sept '14 OCS start date) and final selects for those classes will start rolling out some time in the next month or so.
Cool man thanks for the info