• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

ONU_Pbear

Santi87-
Once you get selected (Pro-Rec), you need to have gone to MEPS, and done your PRT, and security clearance. Since you already have been through MEPS, that could speed things up a little. It seems like the security clearance has been causing a lot of people problems lately. I got selected from the Oct. boards. By the end of Nov. I had the PRT, MEPS and my security all done or started. I'm still waiting for a class date and hoping that I get a March class date.

Santi87

Yeah, I figured at some point it would simply come down to just having to wait while some decision maker makes a final signature. Thanks for the input though guys, really clears a few things up!

bvlinas

Final update. I AM OUT OF PURGATORY. I received my FS letter last week after being Pro Rec'd back in October. I will be heading to OCS on March 28th. From what I hear, this is a pretty standard wait time now for an OCS date. I guess this is the price of the US Navy having a very successful 2009 in terms of officer recruitment, a longer wait. In terms of my experience, NASIS will be your biggest enemy. Any error, down to the smallest grammatical snafu will hold up your entire package. Make sure you have confirmation that your background investigation is open and being processed. And continue to bug your recruiter, it pays to be annoying sometimes.

MikeNY

bvlinas, how long was the turn around time from getting a class date and actually getting your FS letter. It seems like I have had a very similar experience to yours. I was informed today that I am scheduled for 28 March!

bvlinas

Pretty much the same thing Mike. I had been told a million different dates before I received my FS for March 28. I just stopped believing them in the end until I received something in writing. I heard December 6th all the way until now. Total madness and absolutely frustrating. I take everything now with a giant kernel of rock salt now until I see it in writing.

It makes me wonder about all the people who say they have March 28 but no letter. But hey I knew someone that received their final select letter the week before their promised OCS date so I guess there is a month window left for those people that have been told they are in March 28.

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
No word from NAMI yet regarding my aviation packet. Am going to raise my OR today.

SWO packet (just in case) is at the NRD and ready to go.

Navy or bust.

ClutchS306

Shift in Purgatory.

ASTB on Aug 23, application started
Application in Sept 21, 2009 then Purgatory
Nov 2, 2009 Pro Rec'd SWO then Purgatory
Dec 16, 2009 Need more medical information for heart murmur then Purgatory
Feb 25, 2010 Found out finally cleared to go to MEPS.
March 2, 2010 Scheduled to go to MEPS

Then comes the PRT and then more purgatory before final select and OCS date.
For those just starting enjoy!
***Advice : Bug your processor or OR as much as possible, if you don't ask they can't tell you!***
Started prcoess Aug 23rd - ? 7 months so far, 4 months just from pro recd to MEPS.

nugget61

pilot
Regarding the security clearance - how long is it taking now that they've cleared up the problems if you have a clean history? It's the only thing holding my FS away. And will I have to meet with an interviewer soon or is that sometime after OCS?

buckeye_nick

Regarding the security clearance - how long is it taking now that they've cleared up the problems if you have a clean history? It's the only thing holding my FS away. And will I have to meet with an interviewer soon or is that sometime after OCS?

Is anyone able to answer the question nugget61 posed? I'm in the same boat (awaiting final select) and am trying to gauge the time left before final select.

I had a security investigator call me 4/13, but he had to reassign my case to another investigator since they thought I lived in a different state. They had my employment history flipped and thought my first job was my most recent (California vs Ohio). So it will take a few more days....

Do they need to complete the investigation prior to the Final Select? I've heard most are done while at OCS, but since I will not be going to OCS for a while, maybe it is done sooner?

Couple notes about me:
I'm a junior at The Ohio State University (Go Bucks!), looking to get my Civil Engineering degree. I am hoping to get into the CEC (Civil Engineering Corps) under the Collegiate scholarship program (similar to BDCP). Pro-rec'd in December, PRT in February, MEPS in March, FINDOCS submitted late March. Waiting...

jtmedli

pilot
I was a Marine Candidate and got picked up for SNA. Therefore, I had already completed a flight physical. My OR is trying to submit that in lieu of a MEPS physical. Anyone know if that will work or will I still need to do MEPS regardless?

A

AlexSmart

Should not be long at all. In my case, I filled out all the b.s. online forms and I'm pretty sure my OR said everything cleared like a week later.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Should not be long at all. In my case, I filled out all the b.s. online forms and I'm pretty sure my OR said everything cleared like a week later.

I don't think your security check was done a week later. I could be wrong but that seems extremely quick. Did you have a clearance before? If so, within the past 10 years? Typically it takes closer to 6 months but if you had one within the past 10 years I could see it being quicker but still not within a week.

nugget61

pilot
Is anyone able to answer the question nugget61 posed? I'm in the same boat (awaiting final select) and am trying to gauge the time left before final select. .... Do they need to complete the investigation prior to the Final Select? I've heard most are done while at OCS, but since I will not be going to OCS for a while, maybe it is done sooner? ...
I don't think your security check was done a week later. I could be wrong but that seems extremely quick. Did you have a clearance before? If so, within the past 10 years? Typically it takes closer to 6 months but if you had one within the past 10 years I could see it being quicker but still not within a week.

I've been gone for a while so I can answer my own question and a few since then: The only thing holding up my FS was the security clearance. I submitted mid week and got my notice of an OCS date (via OTools) from my OR one day shy of 4 weeks later. I was told that the investigation was 'opened' yet not completed, rather just checked for red flags to allow me to continue. As an aside to this, the FS letter came in a week after the OR noticed my OCS date.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
I'm almost officially in the purgatory for the May 2010 board!

Tomorrow is my Physical fitness test (why am I doing it before even being selected...?) and will have to sign some final papers...

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
I've been gone for a while so I can answer my own question and a few since then: The only thing holding up my FS was the security clearance. I submitted mid week and got my notice of an OCS date (via OTools) from my OR one day shy of 4 weeks later. I was told that the investigation was 'opened' yet not completed, rather just checked for red flags to allow me to continue. As an aside to this, the FS letter came in a week after the OR noticed my OCS date.

My OR when I was pro rec'ed said that just they had to open the investigation for me to receive my FS... I had meps, prt and that mess done, sent in my new security forms and had final select a month and a half later, that was a year ago. I think it is more of paper work actually getting looked at, t's crossed and i's dotted. I was just prepared to wait.