• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

nugget61

pilot
That won't delay your ability to BE seen. When I was there back in August, it was a total cattle call. So many people. Every kid has to be scheduled in by their recruiter and it's both enlisted and officer applicants. There are so many people going enlisted it isn't surprising you are back of the line right now. Continue to communicate with your OR and see how the scheduling process is done. Do they need to do it two weeks out, 3 weeks, can they call and put someone in day of? Ask (respectfully) what the hold up is and how you could be helpful to speed this thing along.

That said, from my personal experience, it's MUCH easier to have the paperwork for your condition saying you're OK when you're at meps than trying to get it mated with your paperwork and approved later on down the line. Maybe you're OR is dragging his feet for this reason.

pjking

Clutch... Are you applying through NRD Raleigh??? Because all I had to do was tell my recruiter what day I could go and he set it up no problem, and I had to go once at the beginning of November and then go back for a consult at the beginning of December. I think you should try and talk to your recruiter about it.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Isn't there a time frame that you have to be at MEPS after you get a Pro Rec? I thought I read somewhere that you have something like 30 days after a Pro Rec to be at MEPS? I thought this was true which is apparently not by Clutch account and thus I have bad received bad information.

ClutchS306

I don't think you have 30 days after pro rec'd, i hope the hell not! I got pro-rec'd Nov. 2 and its Feb. 1st that 60 damn days and I am tired of waiting. I am going through NRD Richmond because I was in Virginia this summer when I applied! Calling Processor today to find out whats going on! Then calling recruiter to find out!

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Sorry clutch, I wasn't saying I was right... That is what I heard which I am hoping is wrong! Please correct me if this information was wrong!

BBULLEN

Im really happy there are others who have been waiting as long as I have or in some cases much longer. I too was pro rec'd in October and still have yet to get any final selection papers. The suspense gives me IBS...okay not really but its still very frustrating. This thread actually put my mind at ease a little.

MikeNY

Final Select

I am in the same boat. I was notified pro'rec Nov. 3rd, did a second PRT (scored well), and met with the Security Clearance Investigator. Everything went smoothly and took place about 4-5 weeks ago.
I can't wait any longer but realize waiting is my only option...
Looking forward to Final Select and an OCS date!
To anybody else still waiting to hear: what have your OR and processors been saying when you inquire? Have they given you any timeframe or possible OCS date (month)?
Thanks.
Mike

bvlinas

So I started this thread in what seemed like forever ago in regards to sitting on my hands waiting for my final select papers. Now nearly two months later I can't decide if im still "prepping for OCS" or whether I'm actually in some sort of hospice care. Either way, I've finally been told that I have a spot reserved in the March 28th class. That will be a full SIX MONTHS after my Pro Rec in the beginning of October. NASIS has been the bane of my existence for the past three months, and if it seems like your process has been completely ham stringed for no reason, that can be a likely culprit. From what I've been told, the average wait from Pro Rec to OCS is now 6 MONTHS.

Enjoy the wait, and do something you wont be able to do for a long time. I would recommend Vegas?

hotwings

Ok i live about 2 hours to vegas so ill check that one off........Like many i was pro recd oct I already had meps completed and that is where my problems begin and end. The navy dept. at meps never forwarded my paperwork to the actual navy med. until january a full 4 months later . I recieved a call from my recruiter today (i thought i was about to recieve my ocs date) telling me that meps didn't perform the correct vision tests so i did that today and the wait begins again...........

Gus Gorilla

Hotwings, wow that's rough. I went to MEPS nearly a month ago and recieved my Pro-Rec today. I hope the layover time there doesn't mess with my aproval. My OR said I'll process fast due to being done already. But after reading this thread I'm cautious. Is this just the "everthing went wrong" thread or is this what to expect as standard?

visual_scan

When I finished up at MEPS this past Monday, they gave me working copies of all my paperwork to give to my recruiter. As I understand, he is going to send this information to NAMI. I wouldn't feel confident with MEPS having this responsibility.

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Spoke with a point of contact in San Diego and, as of three weeks ago, NAMI was only on SEP2009 flight medical packages. I was evaluated in November and the kinks were worked out in mid-January. Still waiting. I have officially passed the age cutoff but am will try to submit for a waiver once NAMI reviews my packet.

Submitting a packet for SWO March boards to ensure I have all my bases covered. According to information gleaned from my OR, earliest I could expect an OCS date is June or July. That at least gives me time for NAMI to look at my final physical for flight.

Considering that I was a pro-rec in August for SNA/SNFO, this has been one hell of an ordeal. Waiting and keeping the pressure on.

markkyle66

Getawaydriver, keep on 'em about the medical/pending waiver... eventually they'll get tired of dealing with you! Best of luck!

Santi87

What Determines Final Select?

So I am in the process of putting a packet together, hopefully to be seen sooner rather than later -- I originally was in the process of going through Marine Corps air, but towards the end of finalizing my packet my OSO said they were halting air contracts for OCC. Been doing some research on the Navy route to an air contract, and I'm seeing a lot of Pro-Recc followed by wild time differences til FS (some as soon as a few weeks all the way through 6 months or so).

What happens between Pro-Recc and FS that makes the process go long or short? I've already been cleared for flight at MEPS and taken a cycloplegic eye exam (did it all for Marines already), and I can take an initial PFA today if I had to...I'm gathering I'd need to do officer interviews -- are these scheduled then? Do these things usually hold people up? Since I already did some of them, would that time likely be faster?

Don't mean to sound speculative, I'm trying to figure out how a few different timelines could work out with my current job, finances, relationship, etc. Not counting on a fast process, just how a possible and realistic one could pan out. Marines app process seemed pretty cut and dry as far as the process went (fill out an app, get some reccos, ASTB, go to meps, ace the pft, eye exam, flight physical, and they'll throw you into the mix at OCS...all they really care about is the pft in terms of competitiveness/getting accepted, granted you have the green light from MEPS/ASTB/flight/etc), but Navy is striking me as being a little more complicated in terms of getting accepted to OCS -- seems much more broken out.

Any thoughts on the lag time between pro-recc and FS would be great, thanks in advance

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
So I am in the process of putting a packet together, hopefully to be seen sooner rather than later -- I originally was in the process of going through Marine Corps air, but towards the end of finalizing my packet my OSO said they were halting air contracts for OCC. Been doing some research on the Navy route to an air contract, and I'm seeing a lot of Pro-Recc followed by wild time differences til FS (some as soon as a few weeks all the way through 6 months or so).

What happens between Pro-Recc and FS that makes the process go long or short? I've already been cleared for flight at MEPS and taken a cycloplegic eye exam (did it all for Marines already), and I can take an initial PFA today if I had to...I'm gathering I'd need to do officer interviews -- are these scheduled then? Do these things usually hold people up? Since I already did some of them, would that time likely be faster?

Don't mean to sound speculative, I'm trying to figure out how a few different timelines could work out with my current job, finances, relationship, etc. Not counting on a fast process, just how a possible and realistic one could pan out. Marines app process seemed pretty cut and dry as far as the process went (fill out an app, get some reccos, ASTB, go to meps, ace the pft, eye exam, flight physical, and they'll throw you into the mix at OCS...all they really care about is the pft in terms of competitiveness/getting accepted, granted you have the green light from MEPS/ASTB/flight/etc), but Navy is striking me as being a little more complicated in terms of getting accepted to OCS -- seems much more broken out.

Any thoughts on the lag time between pro-recc and FS would be great, thanks in advance

If you notice most people are being held up for some of the things you have already stated you completed... ie MEPS, PFT, etc... I'm not 100% but as soon as you receive a Pro Rec and have completed all the appropriate paperwork after receiving your Rec it has to be sent to a processor for further review. This is probably when some of the delay begins because of the amount of OCS applicants. Then it has to go up the chain for someone else to sign off on it. Basically it is the standard "Hurry up and wait," that the military in general is known for so you should get used to it if you plan on joining. By the way you don't have to do officer interviews that is typically geared towards active duty/active reserve members. It certainly doesn't look bad if you get one but it isn't required for non military. Good Luck!