• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

hotwings

i found ou about 3 days ago the reason I haven't recieved my FS is because the Navy never recieved my paperwork from the Navy department at MEPS....... I went through meps in early NOV. but because of the holidays everyone assumed the the process was backed up. it sucks bc that is all I am waiting on and if the paperwork had been followed up I'd know when I was leaving, oh ya pro rec'd OCT.

Koneface86

Pro Rec SWO
i had to go to recruiting hq last night around 6 and redo my security questions because, as I was told, the system had been updated during my process and someone at MEPS more than likely screwed up...only took about a half hour to fix and was told by my OR to expect a March date (but not to hold him to that)...i should have to go sign my security papers (again) today and hopefully hear back soon

yakboyslim

None
CalamityJane - Sorry to hear that. Hang in there, you got the pro-rec, that's the hard part. Now for the annoying part.

I swear in Tuesday. Signature came in and everything is done. Good luck to all those still waiting.

CalamityJean

I know which way the wind shines!
Yak- Our processor e-mailed me this morning saying the JPAS situation was officially fixed, investigation open & medical all turned out. She said the moment the letter pops in the system, signed or not, she'll let me know. I've been thread surfing to see how long it takes once everything is actually squared away to get the FS, but mostly to no avail. I know our OSO and even my former enlisted recruiter are pulling all strings they can for me right now. Great news for you though!

joncaleb

I've been waiting for my final select letter since November... Finally get NFO but cant leave!!! I do believe I am in purgatory.

ONU_Pbear

Purgatory officially ended. OCS on March 7th.

Congrats! Did you have to sign your security clearance papers and send them back to the processor after the JPAS crash? I did and was wondering (since we are both going through Cleveland) if I should make a call to them and see if I have a class date. I'm hoping for 7 March also. Thanks for any info and congrats again.

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Just heard from a flight surgeon and NAMI has yet to review my medical packet with the updated eye information.

Given my age, the NRD is going to try and press for an expedited review. We will see how that transpires.

Still standing-by to stand-by.

CalamityJean

ONU, Louise is will e-mail you as soon as she knows. The only reason I heard before she could tell me was because of a hookup I had through my former enlisted recruiter. She e-mailed me this morning with the news so she wasn't even 24 hours behind my special intel. And yes, the resigned JPAS papers and updated fingerprints seemed to have done the trick. When was the last time you filled it out?

ONU_Pbear

I filled it out and sent it all to her a little over 2 weeks ago. I just wanted to know if the JPAS stuff was getting done earlier than the 3 weeks she estimated. I knew that she would email me as soon as she found out something, but when I saw that you got your class date it gave me hope that mine would be coming soon. Thanks for the info and I hope to be posting that I will be joining you all on March 7.

ClutchS306

So got Pro Rec'd Nov. 2nd for SWO, have been waiting for MEPS for entirely to long. Security Done. Need MEPS and PRT then OCS and Final Select, dont know when my purgatory will end. Any ideas?

nugget61

pilot
So got Pro Rec'd Nov. 2nd for SWO, have been waiting for MEPS for entirely to long. Security Done. Need MEPS and PRT then OCS and Final Select, dont know when my purgatory will end. Any ideas?

Have you not been to MEPS or have they not cleared you yet?

ClutchS306

Haven't been to MEPS. Waiting to go. Don't know what is taking so long, have heart murmur could be whats delaying but dont know!

CalamityJean

Haven't been to MEPS. Waiting to go. Don't know what is taking so long, have heart murmur could be whats delaying but dont know!

That won't delay your ability to BE seen. When I was there back in August, it was a total cattle call. So many people. Every kid has to be scheduled in by their recruiter and it's both enlisted and officer applicants. There are so many people going enlisted it isn't surprising you are back of the line right now. Continue to communicate with your OR and see how the scheduling process is done. Do they need to do it two weeks out, 3 weeks, can they call and put someone in day of? Ask (respectfully) what the hold up is and how you could be helpful to speed this thing along.