• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
March date? Damn...when were you pro rec'd? I need to run my final college transcripts to NRD Nashville tomorrow, I graduated Dec 19. This is worth waiting for though. 9/10 jobs aren't. I don't know about yall but I've waited my whole life for this opportunity.

CalamityJean

I know which way the wind shines!
I wouldn't say I'm in purgatory, but am tripping over similar problems some who have had long waits have had. I did my PRT and finalized (so I thought) everything first week of November. OR called shortly after to say that after I enlisted back in August, MEPS put me in for a Secret Clearance when I needed a TS even then. No worries he was straightening it all out. Then this week I find out from the processor that nothing was fixed, now finger printing and JPAS have expired and I have to do it all again so they can put me in for a SSBI. Except JPAS is down for the count and the programmer is ill. It's like what the fuck? One programmer for that whole system? And seriously, whose finger prints EVER change in their lifetime? Green with envy of everyone who had a smooth transition off the October board and hoping my time is coming.

Koneface86

Pro Rec SWO
same here...i was just on base the other day redoing my fingerprints cause my "E-prints" expired from MEPS? I had the same question of how my prints could have expired...glad im not the only one, cause i was gonna call BS...so then of course i ask the obvious question, "Ummm...soo what's going on, any updates?" and of course i got the answer i always get.."well they could cut the FS today, ummm or maybe in a few weeks..."...so here i sit in corporate hell, waiting for the call...october boards seem like a distant past

blarged

ready
And seriously, whose finger prints EVER change in their lifetime?.

It was explained to me this way (same thing happened to me):

Your finger prints get sent to the place that is in charge of your investigation. If there is no "open" investigation in their system, your fingerprints get put into a "collection" file for wayward fingerprints in hopes that they might be rejoined with an investigation at some point. In my case when my investigation was finally opened, they had trouble locating my fingerprints in that collection file. But I believe if the fingerprints have been there for X amount of time without being paired to an investigation, they are destroyed (what happened to me after my first non-select).

bob88899

Maybe thats why my recruiter wanted two sets of fingerprint cards done?... he even made me do them myself haha.. handed me an ink pad... and told me it was self explanitory... hah

kpalad02

similar thing happened to me as well. my finger prints expired. i had them done at MEPS and they did it on some sort of scanner and computer (which the girl had to redo multiple times because she had no idea what she was doing but thats another story). anyway i was able to redo them at my recruiters office and we did them the old fashioned way with ink and a piece of paper. perhaps you can re-do them this way and save yourself a trip to the base. helped me out a lot at least. and if it makes you feel any better i was in for the july board and just got my OCS date about 2 weeks ago. finally!

CalamityJean

I know which way the wind shines!
Wow July Boards? Glad to hear you have a date now.

we did them the old fashioned way with ink and a piece of paper. perhaps you can re-do them this way and save yourself a trip to the base.

Thats what the processor recommended I do. Luckily I'm in a small town and the police chief did it for free since it was for "the military". He explained that digital fingerprints aren't prefered for investigations since they are essentially a clone of a clone. My processor seems to think she can get around the JPAS issue because we update at OCS anyways and is requesting the FS be considered priority. Fingers crossed it won't be too long from now. I'm grateful for the oppertunity and don't want to appear like a bitching sissy; I'm just excited to get going. If I'm going to run in the snow and muck, I'd rather do it in RI.

Koneface86

Pro Rec SWO
okay, now that makes sense. The regional recruiting HQ is close to me so it was not that big of a hassle...and the process is right...i was given two generic placards with spaces and my general info...so now thats all good the waiting game rolls on

JTH

My FS letter just dropped today for 24 Jan class.. have your OPO check the system to see if you have a belated Christmas present..

cpwhit1

Final Select SNFO 07 March 2010
Just found out that I'm PQ after about a month of jumping through hoops. So I need to do my PRT and hopefully I can get it done on Friday. The thing is that I'm expecting a kid around June 7th so I'm hoping to get an early March date or even a February date (probably not though) so as not to miss the birth of my first child. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Unofficially cleared after two months of review by the Refractive Surgery Center (LASIK and eye measurement issues). Results have to be signed off by NAMI and my status changed in N3M. Still have to clear an age waiver but the NRD is supportive and I have been in the USG in a closely related field for 3+ years.

I was a Pro-Rec in AUG2009; oh so long ago.

bob88899

ya i wouldnt doubt the feb dates either... i just got dropped in the feb14th class as of jan 4th.. (just heard today).. waiting for my FS to be signed..