• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Favorite ports of call

rotorhead1871

UH-1N.....NAS Agana, Guam....circa 1975
pilot
Valparaiso, Chile; Palau; and Haifa, Israel.

I was on Guam for a while.....1975 I believe.... flew our HU-16 to Ulithi so the CO could hand out high school diplomas.......I still think about all those bare tops.....

its not just a job.......

rotorhead1871

pilot
Olongapo, Philipines in 1977. Young, single, Sergeant of Marines. Pre AIDS, pre PC bullshit. Yup Olongapo.

oooohhh...you was dangerous!.......special geepnee to subic........trouble/fun around every corner.....I was there is 75 and 76...

midnight curfew...back across the bridge over shit river.................monkey meat on a stick??????

ahh......the memories!!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
midnight curfew...back across the bridge over shit river.................monkey meat on a stick??????

ahh......the memories!!
Another of my favorite 'PoTown' activities was the Sunday afternoon cockfights in the local arena. Plenty of San Miguel available, lots of betting conducted, and you got to witness some of the most mean, pissed off chickens... carving each other up with the zest of a deranged ISIS murderer!:eek:

Bets were made in the stands between the local fans and cock owners/handlers with shouts and a series of complicated hand signals (to agree on cock selections, odds, and $P amount). I remember on knowledgeable fan cautioning us to keep our hands down, and fingers out of sight during pre-fight betting, saying "if you merely pick your nose, you may just have made a $50P bet on one of the cocks in the next fight"!:(

Q & A: Asked of an Olongapo fighting cock handler: "What's the fate of the losing cock"? "It ends up as the entree' in the losing Owner's family stew pot for the evening meal"!;)

Good times in 'Po!:)
BzB

rotorhead1871

pilot
Another of my favorite 'PoTown' activities was the Sunday afternoon cockfights in the local arena. Plenty of San Miguel available, lots of betting conducted, and you got to witness some of the most mean, pissed off chickens... carving each other up with the zest of a deranged ISIS murderer!:eek:

Bets were made in the stands between the local fans and cock owners/handlers with shouts and a series of complicated hand signals (to agree on cock selections, odds, and $P amount). I remember on knowledgeable fan cautioning us to keep our hands down, and fingers out of sight during pre-fight betting, saying "if you merely pick your nose, you may just have made a $50P bet on one of the cocks in the next fight"!:(

Q & A: Asked of a fighting cock handler: "What's the fate of the losing cock"? "It ends up as the entree' in the losing Owner's family stew pot for the evening meal"!;)

Good times in 'Po!:)
BzB

they would also cook em up right on the spot!!......defeather...chop em up, season, on the stick...on the BBQ!!.......

brownshoe

Contributor
Yuma for bombing practice. San Luis 'cross the border was fun! (Don't tell my Mommy on me.)