• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Favorite Military Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

beau

Last of the Mochians, Das Boot, Battle of Britian, Midway, Hunt for Red October, Gettysburg, Glory, Memphis Belle, Flight scenes from Pearl Harbor :)))!!!, ah...Stalingrad, and of course Saving Private Rayn/Band of Brothers. Red Dawn is a good "what if" type of movie with good entertainment value. Top Gun for its entertaiment value and impact on a generation of wantabe Naval Aviators. and its little spoof brother Hot Shots!!

Grant

Jolly Roger said:
the Patriot

B00004XPPG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Good call, I really like that movie. :D

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Wake Island and Halls of Montezuma, two really great, hardly seen, WWII Marine grunt movies (Wake Island has a couple F4F Wildcat flying scenes.)

Attachments

• 185798.jpg
    185798.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 222322.jpg
    222322.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 11
B

Blutonski816

FLYMARINES said:
Wake Island and Halls of Montezuma, two really great, hardly seen, WWII Marine grunt movies (Wake Island has a couple F4F Wildcat flying scenes.)

Hey, man they gotta give VMF-211 its props...
vmf211.jpg

Cat_and_Mouse_Over_Wake.jpg

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Blutonski816 said:
An Officer and a Gentleman
Flight of the Intruder
Crimson Tide
Tears of The Sun

Just because they were funny:
Down Periscope
Hot Shots!
Sgt. Bilko
In the Army Now

You know that An Officer and a Gentleman was a chick flick, right? I mean, if you're putting it on your list of good movies...have you ever seen it? Flight of the Intruder and those other two are just dick awful.

Sgt. Bilko and In the Army Now are two horribly terrible movies. You need to get your sense of humor checked out. Come on, Pauly Shore? :eek:

KBayDog

Ryoukai said:
You know that An Officer and a Gentleman was a chick flick, right?...Flight of the Intruder and those other two are just dick awful...

Back off, man! Richard Gere will probably be in Pensacola Beach this weekend; you should try and get his autograph.

Flight of the Navigator was AWESOME! Oh - wait- my bad...

btw - Doesn't that Stealth flick look an awful lot like Flight of the Navigator?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flight of the Intruder is awesome... what other movies have A-6 Vietnam action :)

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Like 90% of his movies, Willem Dafoe carries Flight of the Intruder (although I have my doubts about his role in the new "XXX" movie with...Ice Cube...as a SEAL...wtfo). All you double anchor types should strive to be as badass as Cole-Virgil-Cole.

The liberty scenes alone make FOTI worthwhile..."SAY IT! BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL!"

As far as the dude who plays Jake Grafton..."I've seen better actin' in tough-actin' Tinactin". And try to tell me the guy who played the Intel Weenie WASN'T on some kind of amphetamine...he must have scored it from whoever cast him in the role.

Anyone mention "Bat 21" yet? Despite that terrible shoot-down scene in the beginning (looks like some 12 yr old's home movie circa 1978), great acting and a cool story. LOOSELY based on the actual events, worth the rental.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Right on Zab. Great movie.

Someone did mention Bat 21. Good flick, though it takes a LOT of liberty with the actual story.

And what is your avatar?

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Avatar = Slater from "Dazed and Confused". Tell me you've seen it, or just lie to me so I don't feel old.

I'll also use this opportunity to slam "Officer and a Gentleman". SUCKED.

"I GOT NO PLACE LEFT TO GO!" Everytime I see that scene I pray Louis Gosset JR will cold-cock gerbil boy Gere.

Status
Not open for further replies.