• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Favorite Military Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
skidkid said:
If you get a chance check out "RAid on Entebbe" About teh Israeli rescue of hostages in Uganda. A well planned and executed operation. The movie has some cheese but very little.

Ahhh yes, I"ve read about this raid. Quite an operation. Isn't it still used as a learning tool?

Lawman

None
skidkid said:
If you get a chance check out "RAid on Entebbe" About teh Israeli rescue of hostages in Uganda. A well planned and executed operation. The movie has some cheese but very little.

You can see other great terrorist fighting inspired movies in the D section.

D for Delta Force :icon_tong

Somebody tell me why the hell every Delta Operator in that movie was wearing a white rope around his body. I mean I know you've always gotta have rope just like Charlie Bronson but why is it white when the rest of your uniform is black.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lawman said:
You can see other great terrorist fighting inspired movies in the D section.

D for Delta Force :icon_tong

Somebody tell me why the hell every Delta Operator in that movie was wearing a white rope around his body. I mean I know you've always gotta have rope just like Charlie Bronson but why is it white when the rest of your uniform is black.

I think Boondock Saints answered the rope question well.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
tigerland.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Ahhh yes, I"ve read about this raid. Quite an operation. Isn't it still used as a learning tool?

Amazing operation. The Entebbe Raid was led by one LCol Jonathan Netanyahu, commander of Sayeret Mat'kal, and the only Israeli commando killed in the operation. Netanyahu ??? Now does that sound familiar???

A quick and dirty overview of Operation Jonathan: http://www.specwarnet.com/miscinfo/entebbe.htm

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Amazing operation. The Entebbe Raid was led by one LCol Jonathan Netanyahu, commander of Sayeret Mat'kal, and the only Israeli commando killed in the operation. Netanyahu ??? Now does that sound familiar???

A quick and dirty overview of Operation Jonathan: http://www.specwarnet.com/miscinfo/entebbe.htm

Oh yes, very familiar. Gotta love the operations they pull off. That and Osiraq. Brilliant.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Someone on ARFCOM told me about a Croat (Bosnian?) movie called "No Man's Land" about the fighting in Bosnia or Croatia. There is an American movie of the same name that's not related.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
skidkid said:
I think Boondock Saints answered the rope question well.

"What are ya gonna need a stupid rope for, anyway?"

"You never know what you're gonna need it for, you just always need it!"

Favorites:

Dirty Dozen
FMJ
A Few Good Men

On a related note, I finally sat down and watched Apocalypse Now: Redux, and I must say...I was disappointed. Maybe I just didn't get it/didn't appreciate it, but it most certainly didn't live up to all the hype it always gets, at least not in my eyes.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Check out The Brotherhood of War. It's a South Korean film about two brothers in the Korean War. Dialog is a little cheesy, though I think that's a translation problem. It's a decent movie.

Korean title Tae Guk Gi; it's an incredible movie, i think. Comparable to SPR in many ways.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
mmx1 said:
Korean title Tae Guk Gi; it's an incredible movie, i think. Comparable to SPR in many ways.

That's the one. Very violent, special effects on par with maybe late 90s or so. WOrth seeing.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
What about "final countdown"?

Poor story line but great tomcat/zero dogfight. in my opinion it has one of the best tomcat movie flying scenes ever

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
mules83 said:
What about "final countdown"?

Poor story line but great tomcat/zero dogfight

Never seen it... but I ask how a dogfight can occur between the two (I know the storyline, I mean PHYSICALLY).

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Fly Navy said:
Never seen it... but I ask how a dogfight can occur between the two (I know the storyline, I mean PHYSICALLY).

Well, when the dogfight actually started it didnt last long. The first couple of minutes is the tomcats "playing" (quote from the movie) with the jap zeros. One of the zeros thought he could shoot its guns at the one tomcat but a sidewinder and some 20mm rounds later, both zeros were in the water. If you watch the movie, one of the tomcats almost smacks the water. Got into a stall/unusual attitude from what it looked like and recoverd just above the water.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Physicx said:
Night of the Intruder

Black hawk down was so boring.

First, that's Flight of the Intruder.

Second, are you on crack or are you just starting sh!t?

Status
Not open for further replies.