• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Favorite Military Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanni

Midshipman
Just curious as to your favorite military flicks. Personally there are so many, but Band of Brothers, We Were Soldiers, Saving Private Ryan are all greats. Gi Jane was cool just because of Sgt. Pyro, Full Metal Jacket a classic. Just seeing what others think.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nothing beats Band of Brothers. It's historically accurate and has replay value topping any other movie/series.

GI Jane was a terrible, terrible movie.

I'd throw Hunt for Red October in there. That's just a great movie.

FlyingFortress

Flying turd
My tops are Band of Brothers, Memphis Belle, Platoon, Saving Private Ryan, and the Thin Red Line. Most people I know thought the Thin Red Line was extremely boring. I little long, but overall I thought it was great.

Yanni

Midshipman
What I said was GI Jane was cool only because of Sgt. Pyro not a academy awarding winning film but what can i say. Yeah I bought band of brothers on DVD and watch it all the time great movie. I agree with the comment that the Thin Red Line was boring and long, I didn't like it because the story line I felt lacked a continuity that can be found in other films.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Band of Brothers .... but For Fiction .....
b00f01l5lc.jpg
oldnavy4bj.png

2237011re.jpg
tokorisc24kc.jpg
..... always, OLD NAVY .....

Super18Ordie

F/A-18 Ordnanceman
band of brothers, flight of the intruder,saving private ryan, midway, tora tora tora, we were soldiers, behind enemy lines, thats all I can think of

Yanni

Midshipman
I've only seen it once but Tears of the Sun, I can't really remember but I do remember thinking it was alright. We Were Soldiers I think is one of the top movies on the Vietnam War, the book was excellent as well.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Even with the constant ragging on the Navy ("rustpicker"...I love that), "The Great Santini" kicks a lot of a$s (even better book, btw).

So many great lines, "up and at 'em HOGS", "rise and shine split tail", and the best: "You're my favorite daughter"...no doubt I'll tell my son that some day if he acts like a b!tch.

Come to think of it, more parents need to watch that flick for parenting techniques.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yanni said:
I've only seen it once but Tears of the Sun, I can't really remember but I do remember thinking it was alright. We Were Soldiers I think is one of the top movies on the Vietnam War, the book was excellent as well.

We Were SOldiers is a great flick. Tears of the SUn is another terrible movie.

NavyOCS

"Fighter Pilot" w/ John Wayne actually had some good f-100 hun footage. And then his other one where he is a col. in veitnam is ok. Even though its army.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Crimson Tide, you're kidding me.... awful movie. The Navy won't even touch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.