• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Family Life as a Naval Aviator

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
To the OP.....when you find her, just don't propose like this......

I saw that one coming from a mile away...but still laughed my ass off when it happened.

This family/military question rears its ugly head pretty frequently and the answer is always the same. The military is like boot camp for marriage. It makes the strong ones stronger and tears the weak ones down. Pretty simple, all in all.

ArkansasFlyBoy

None
Just my two cents. I started the whole officer/NFO pipeline with a wife and 4 kids (two sets of twins) who are 9 and 5. I think the hardest part thus far has already been stated: stagnating on time down between certain points in the program. I have been able to involve my family quite a bit, especially arts and crafts (get your scissors and glue, daddy needs charts made). I think its already been hammered in quite a bit, involve your wife (and kids) as much as possible and it you should be fine. Also, if your still testing the waters for a significant other, dont forget about the waffle house ladies! Prime meat at one of the south's most elegant dining facilities! Good luck in your decision!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just my two cents...if your still testing the waters for a significant other, dont forget about the waffle house ladies! Prime meat at one of the south's most elegant dining facilities!

Been taking the twins to the Waffle House a lot, haven't you?

brownshoe

Contributor
We're they in a squadron or a boy band?

Handsome bunch, huh? Actually they were a great group of sailors that “humped it” when they needed to get it done!
:)
I know they look young we all were, I myself was 17 when I joined. Actually in my day, and correct me if I’m wrong, (A4’s, Catmondo, and others) but I believe the average age on the flight deck was around 19. Don’t let all that boyish charm fool ya. ;)

Steve

brownshoe

Contributor
Brownshoe failed to provide the background info on this photo. It was actually part of the reconciliation following '47's "zoot suit riot" incident. :)

6491.jpg

May the lice of a thousand camels infest your crotch.:)

Steve

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Handsome bunch, huh? ....
I know they look young we all were, I myself was 17 when I joined. Actually in my day.... the average age on the flight deck was around 19. Don’t let all that boyish charm fool ya. ;)

Steve

That would me my call as well ... most were 18-20 w/ the "senior" non-CPO rates filling the 20-28 year groups ... boys to men ... sometimes literally overnight. :)

st1977

I've been married to my husband for almost 5 years, and we have a great marriage. He is a pilot (single-seat hornets, pretty busy with his job even when he's not deployed), currently stationed in Japan. We've been apart more than half the year, every year, since we got here. It has not affected our marriage, nor has his job affected his values and what's important to him. I love being married to someone in the military. There are plenty of opportunities to volunteer, do Bible study and join fellowship groups for both the military member and his/her family, from Primary training to the fleet. A lot of our friends are Christian couples, most of whom have children, and seeing them I'll tell you that being a Christian man with a focus on your spouse and children is 100% possible in the Navy/USMC. Good luck.

ArkansasFlyBoy

None
Not on the nights the Mrs. lets me break out with the boys! Best damn drunk food on the coast! Double order of hashbrowns, scattered, covered, chunked and topped! Bunch of beauties up there at 0430 and the beer goggles in full effect!!!

Been taking the twins to the Waffle House a lot, haven't you?

nebekerb

Final Select SNA
Contributor
Just googled it:
A Friend's Prayer

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who
screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

Amen

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just googled it:
A Friend's Prayer

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who
screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

Amen

Not the one I meant. Unfortunatly, I'm totally blanking on the title. Give me a bit and I'll remember it. The Arab Scarabs! That's it! I don't think it will be on Google though...

brownshoe

Contributor
Sorry Phrog and Hoover, I do not remember the rest of that verse/toast. I actually have not heard it in about 25 years. I will ask some of my friends if they remember it this coming week. I’ll PM the two of you with anything I find.

Steve