• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Facebook

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
No clue if this was said as I really didnt feel like reading 6 pages worth of posts about Facebook/MySpace...
For Facebook set your account to private, where they must be your friends to view your page. Otherwise they can just see the small picture and the add friend/send message dialouge (like what you would see from someone at another school). It stops the average stalker/school official from finding something someone else put on your page that could get you in trouble. If you put something on your own page that can get you in trouble, remove it.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ill play the devil's advocate here and suggest that if you don't want pictures of questionable activities discovered...than simply don't take pictures.

No. Just dont be a fvcking moron and plaster all your questionable activities all over the internet.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK, I'm not going to reference all six pages of this argument so here's my driveby contribution. It all goes back to the Internet being public domain, exclusively. Yes, LTs and JOs may know "the reality" of college life, but that doesn't mean school administrators, profs, the front office at the unit, your parents, etc. will, or that they will not wish to alter that reality. Even if the activity in question is perfectly legal, rumors could be misconstrued or disapproved of by someone in your chain of command or other position of power, to your detriment or at least embarassment.

Getting hauled into the CO's or LT's office based on a rumor to explain what REALLY happened, even if it was perfectly legal (or at least plausibly deniable) will still be an embarrassing experience at the very least (Plus you will look like a huge dork to some if it is Internet-related).

So after all that rambling, my point: KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE. Don't post anything on the internet that you wouldn't feel comfortable explaining to The Man. That includes Facebook, MySpace, here, or anywhere else. Because if you don't think The Man lurks on the Internet when he gets off work, you're dreaming.

GMan1976

Banned
Ok, I mis-spoke, actually when I checked, three of the unit staff are on facebook and apparently we did have some MIDN busted a while back (maybe last year) for pictures of them drinking.

haha, that was my unit! I knew those guys... the former BCO got busted b/c he was pictured in the backround and didn't report the underagers. He got cleared though and is now at Corpus....