• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Explanation of "scroll" process and Timeline of events until receipt of COMDOCs

Travia

GODSBABY
Travia, You've heard more than I have. My recruiter has been in radio silence since scrolls came back - no word on letters or anything. My SF86 and medical approval before selection in July even. AND I've been slated for a billet since October. So there should be absolutely no reason for all this waiting.

Hello Cargodog,
My recruiter is good about contacting me back probably because he knows I will continue to email/call or go by his office. I emailed him this morning and he responded a few hours later. It's truly mind boogling because nobody seems to know anything. When I atteneded Matt's commissioning almost two weeks ago the processor looked me up in the computer. He said that he could not understand why it was taking some long since everything was complete for me. I think that's what bothers me most that nobody has a reason or are not trying to find out why. I wish they would just put themselves in our shoes because I would at least be able to tell my group something.

X

xxxCharliexxx

It's official! I swore in and Commissioned today! I completely enjoy adding that last line!

August 13th or 14th, 2009 - Packet sumbitted to board
September 3, 2009 - packet resubmitted -- conflicting dates needed correction and sent to Dallas office and not OKC office
September 14, 2009 - Intel Board Met
September 20, 2009 - Sunday - Recruiter Called - I was selected! - Professionally Recommended!
October 14, 2009 - Medical Packet was completed and sumbitted to approval and review
November 1, 2009 - Told I needed to go back to MEPS and redo medical since it expired (over one year)
November 6, 2009 - Signed prescreen for MEPS
November 30, 2009 - Cleared for MEPS
December 02, 2009 - MEPS Physical Completed 6:00 am to noon.
December 10, 2009 - Complete Medical Record retrieved from MEPS
December 11, 2009 - Medical Record forwarded from SLC to OKC processor and uploaded to MEDWAIVE
December 14, 2009 - Received Physically Qualified Letter - Qualified
December 17, 2009 - Program Manager requested final selection letter.
December 22, 2009 - Scrolls returned - Approved.
December 22, 2009 - Assigned Unit
December 28, 2009 - Final Select Letter requested from program manager for signature
January 06, 2010 - Final Select Letter signed and received via email from Navy Officer Programs Processor
January 14, 2010 - Comdocs have been sent from Dallas NRD to OKC.
January 25, 2010 - Commissioned.

smloan2

Congrats Charlie!! I swore in last Friday "on the fly" because I had to go out of town over the weekend. I will do a proper ceremony in early February. It certainly seems that the Intel folks are getting sworn in before the Supply folks....not sure why this is given that they were selected months before we were.......

cargodog

I got in touch with my recruiter this morning. He's waiting on four selectees docs right now (2 Supply, 1 Intel, 1 Eng) and can't seem to find out what the hold up is. He's sent it up the food chain and they can't get answers either - other than the letters are sitting in someone's inbox. I guess we're just too far outside the reach of the pony express here in Seattle.

Iceman6291

Well my recruiter (when last I spoke with him) was unable to find 4 Suppo's including myself or where we are. We were put on the scroll list back in October and last we heard he sent out for signatures on our FINSEL's two weeks ago or more. So I guess the pony express doesn't reach DC either, you aren't alone ha.

X

xxxCharliexxx

I'm confirmed for April too - I think a few from this site are going in April. :)

Intel_warrior

Cargodog and Iceman, No express in Houston. All I know is that the docs are sitting on someones desk for signature. Throwing darts at the list of names I guess.