• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Explanation of "scroll" process and Timeline of events until receipt of COMDOCs

Devil Duck

Emailed my recruiter this morning and my FSL is in as well. She stated that COMDOCs should arrive within three weeks. I'm hoping for sooner. Hope is a COA, but often not an effective one.

lait1

Just to be clear: Travia and those in a similar situation are likely justified in feeling that things are taking too long; my main point is that saying that the recruiter is somehow part of the problem or is holding back information or not trying hard enough to get answers is asinine. If you're frustrated, the recruiter is frustrated too, and times a factor of x depending on how many applicants he/she has in the same situation. If the recruiter doesn't know then the recruiter doesn't know; there's not too much else they can tell you other than to keep being patient.

At the risk of stepping in shit, here is my response... OnTopTime, thank you very much for sharing your insight and your honesty. I think it helps to set the expectation of the non priors in here. Being prior enlisted in the Navy I can confirm what you've said in regards to recruiters not communicating with you unless they have something to say. Travia (here's where I might step in shit)... In the service there is a mentality of honesty and gettting straight to the point. It takes some getting used to but is extremely helpful once you get into the groove of things...

Moving on... talked to to the officer processing center close to me yesterday and found out that I'm in the system (awesome!) but I haven't been "released" yet because my commdocs have not been signed. I did ask what was going on and found out that there have been some changes and some turn over. Take it for what it's worth... Being patient is all we can do for now.

Iceman6291

Well I logged on today to spead some good news but apparently I was a little slow... FINSEL is in and apparently my COMDOCS are going to be in the recruiters hands in approximately 10 days. Here's to hoping... Congrats on moving one more step forward I suppose?

cargodog

Woo hoo! Here's to being the last man standing!! If I can hold out for just a few more weeks, I may officially get to be the last of the OCT scrolls to get a FS letter! Which is really fun because my MEPS and SF86 were in before the board even met. Makes total sense. :confused:

Congrats on your FS letters, ya'll. I think that's three today, right? Have fun planning!

3912DCO

Just remember, it could always be worse...you could have just received your PQ Letter today...like THIS guy! At least I'm moving again...we'll all wind up in the same place...eventually! :D

X

xxxCharliexxx

Wow, Intel_warrior, Devil Duck, lait1, Iceman, cargodog, and 3912DCO! Congrats to you all!! I can't tell you how excited I am for everyone to see movement in their paperwork! FINALLY, I may be able to see a few of you in April...wishful thinking?!? Congrats to everyone!!

Intel_warrior

I am glad to see more movement on everyones process. Lets hope Comdocs come quickly for all. New activities coming up for all.

lait1

Received my final select letter yesterday (after I posted in here). Letter was dated 28Jan10. I love it!!! Onwards and upwards!

cargodog

Hearing Crickets

Anyone else from the July Supply board waiting still? If its just me, I'm going to start to get really worried.

3912, I know you're waiting, but didn't know if you were supply or Intel.

3912DCO

Anyone else from the July Supply board waiting still? If its just me, I'm going to start to get really worried.

3912, I know you're waiting, but didn't know if you were supply or Intel.

Hey ...dog, I am a September selectee (1635), but I am not normal...got caught up in a medical CF for about a month and a half.

The pattern seems to be commissioning 4-6 weeks after the final hurdle (Physically Qualified). When did you get your PQ Letter? Surely something is not right with your situation.

I know nothing of the process but I'm stunned that you July selectees are not among the first to go. Good luck and keep us posted as what is going on with you...very strange.

cargodog

Hey ...dog, I am a September selectee (1635), but I am not normal...got caught up in a medical CF for about a month and a half.

The pattern seems to be commissioning 4-6 weeks after the final hurdle (Physically Qualified). When did you get your PQ Letter? Surely something is not right with your situation.

I know nothing of the process but I'm stunned that you July selectees are not among the first to go. Good luck and keep us posted as what is going on with you...very strange.

I was officially PQ'd in April - WELL before the board even. (This region does MEPS prior to the boards.) I'm really getting worried that something's not right. My recruiter made two mistakes in this process already. I keep asking him to make sure I'm not missing anything or to see if my status is changed but he keeps saying its fine. I'm starting to get the feeling that its not fine. I know I was on the OCT scrolls list, but nothing's changed since then. Any suggestions, ya'll?

USAF.Boom

Show up in his office. It will make you more than just a phone call then. But make sure he is there. Seems odd. I was Pro'Rec in Oct and my ComDoc's were 28 DEC. Commissioned officially on 6 Jan. I would start asking more questions. But I don't know how the whole process works. I guess the big question is if there are any others from your board still waiting as well. That I bet would give you the answer you are looking for. Good luck.

Iceman6291

Dog,

I was on the July Supply board as well and I just got my FINSEL letter yesterday (dated Jan 28). I am a current gov't employee with a clearance, 24 years old and healthy as an ox (literally NO health problems) and I just got my documents in. Of all of the people that I came in with I was the youngest, healthiest, and absolute last person to get all of their paperwork pushed to the right place. Moral of the story? I have learned that thing don't normally make sense in this process. That said, this is a pretty long time not to hear anything and it's worth a stop to see if all is well. He should be able to tell you at least THAT much.

3912DCO

I was officially PQ'd in April - WELL before the board even. (This region does MEPS prior to the boards.) I'm really getting worried that something's not right. My recruiter made two mistakes in this process already. I keep asking him to make sure I'm not missing anything or to see if my status is changed but he keeps saying its fine. I'm starting to get the feeling that its not fine. I know I was on the OCT scrolls list, but nothing's changed since then. Any suggestions, ya'll?

When I saw "April" my first thought was "was he on the October scrolls?" That's good news. That means you didn't get misinformed that you were selected...your paperwork is just stuck somewhere.

I agree with Boom. We had the same recruiter and the best way to get her to help me was to show up. It was not at all convenient for me to do that, but it was by far, the most attention she paid to me through this entire process. At a minimum you should get an explanation of how the process works and why so many people who were selected after you are getting commissioned before you. Also, ask the question, "Who can we call to get some answers?"

It seems like you Supply folks are slow in getting this wrapped up. I think I had made the suggestion in one of these threads before, but it appears that docs may be processed and pushed along WITHIN their own communities, thus people who were selected well AFTER you are being sworn in well BEFORE you. It's looking like your paperwork is on the bottom of someone's stack. That just sucks. :( I hope your recruiter is able to shed some light. I would be very interested in what you find out.