• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Explanation of "scroll" process and Timeline of events until receipt of COMDOCs

X

xxxCharliexxx

Congrats smloan2! Even though your posted number is the wrong number to call, it is NOT the number that is listed on your Final Select Letter to call. They give you the number on your final select letter to call because that's the number they want you to use if you have any questions. And I don't think I would suggest posting the contact number you gave as the poor lady might get inundated with phone calls from eager applicants that have yet received their final select trying to secure a dcoic class slot prior to the final select (not that it would happen, but doesn't stop people from trying).

As far as class sizes, the average class size is 35-40 and some classes can extend larger (up to 88). April is one of these classes where they have extra instructors to fill larger numbers. It also does you no good to request dates that have already filled, once filled to capacity and closed, they are closed.

Congrats again and good luck to everyone!

smloan2

Congrats smloan2! Even though your posted number is the wrong number to call, it is NOT the number that is listed on your Final Select Letter to call. They give you the number on your final select letter to call because that's the number they want you to use if you have any questions. And I don't think I would suggest posting the contact number you gave as the poor lady might get inundated with phone calls from eager applicants that have yet received their final select trying to secure a dcoic class slot prior to the final select (not that it would happen, but doesn't stop people from trying).

As far as class sizes, the average class size is 35-40 and some classes can extend larger (up to 88). April is one of these classes where they have extra instructors to fill larger numbers. It also does you no good to request dates that have already filled, once filled to capacity and closed, they are closed.

Congrats again and good luck to everyone!

Thanks Charlie, and you are certainly right about the number and calling Ms Young....the only reason my recruiter gave me that number to use was so I could coordinate the DCO school with my civilian job--I had a couple of extra concerns that needed to be addressed, and Ms Young was very accomodating. The Officer-in-Charge is the proper contact for DCO school. The one thing I was told is that the classes fill up before the web site is updated to reflect it. Thanks again.

Devil Duck

My final select letter was submitted for signature on Friday. With luck it'll be back soon. I'm ready to get on with this. I'm prior service, but with eight years break in service I'm still going to be in for a little culture shock. It'll be enjoyable, no doubt.

smloan2

My final select letter was submitted for signature on Friday. With luck it'll be back soon. I'm ready to get on with this. I'm prior service, but with eight years break in service I'm still going to be in for a little culture shock. It'll be enjoyable, no doubt.

Congrats Duck! The end of the wait is finally in sight.

X

xxxCharliexxx

my final select letter was submitted for signature on friday. With luck it'll be back soon. I'm ready to get on with this. I'm prior service, but with eight years break in service i'm still going to be in for a little culture shock. It'll be enjoyable, no doubt.

duck! Congrats!!!!!!!

suppo2010

I hope I bring good news, I just spoke to my contact located at the mother ship, and the "Oaths of Office" AKA comdocs will be going out in mass next week, so with that being said its fair to say that your final select letters are in and out the door..... this info comes from a super reliable source.... so I would be SHOCKED if everyone isnt raising right hands before 2/5....... This is the first sign of good news I have seen or should I say heard.... I would extend this word of advice from my source, recruiters will tell you what they need to when you call, regardless of what the situation calls for, take what they say with a grain of salt, network with in the DCO community and you will find out more, even better gouge then through your recruiters.... remember they are 1 in 10 more in line.... Oh and like I was told let the recruiter call you with this info, do not call them.... I guess heat always comes back from the recruiting districts when calls start flying in on "where the h*ll is my paper work sir!" ';0)

cargodog

Suppo - sounds like great news but more of the same. Still no FINSEL here. I'll believe it when I see it.

I live in Washington State and all of my family (mostly all military associated in different ways) lives from one end of the country to the other. They all really wanted to be at my ceremony (I'm the first officer in my family after having relatives in every war and every service) but because I've been waiting so long and because of the logistics/timing, it looks like I'll be commissioning solo. :(

Travia

GODSBABY
Email from Recruiter:

I checked in OTOOLs and it shows your select letter was forwarded for signature on JAN 19. We cannot open the letter on OTOOLs, which means it has not been mailed. Select letters notify selectees that their COMDOCs should be completed within ten days. OTOOLs indicates there is movement on the COMDOCs, but we have no idea how fast. It could easily be three weeks before we get them in this office. We will definitely notify you when they arrive. I would make no solid plans until their arrival.

cargodog

What is the deal?! Our scrolls came out before Christmas, and we were all supposed to have select letters straight away, followed by COMDOCS. Over a month later, nothing. I've heard of at least two people selected in September who have been commissioned already. Yet, so many of us from July are still waiting and hearing things like "well, your select letter is in the system, but it hasn't been sent yet and we don't know when it will be". This is getting ridiculous. There must be some rhyme or reason to this delay.

Travia

GODSBABY
What is the deal?! Our scrolls came out before Christmas, and we were all supposed to have select letters straight away, followed by COMDOCS. Over a month later, nothing. I've heard of at least two people selected in September who have been commissioned already. Yet, so many of us from July are still waiting and hearing things like "well, your select letter is in the system, but it hasn't been sent yet and we don't know when it will be". This is getting ridiculous. There must be some rhyme or reason to this delay.

All I know is that this is so frustrating. All of my family except children live in other states or more than 6 hours away. I can't plan anything. "This is getting ridiculous." I agree like you I was selected in July and people selected in the Septemeber Boards have already been commisioned or have a scheduled date. There must be somebody my recruiter could contact to find out what's going on. If my letter was submitted for signature on the 19th why is it taking so long. I am sure the person (s) signing the documents should be finished by now, usually they use a signature stamp anyway. Then when my recruiter told me that it might be another three weeks, now he's crazy. Based on the past postings people were receving there COMDOCS the next day. Maybe he told me that so I won't call him. Well I am going to call him anyway......lol Actually I might drop by the office tomorrow. I should have asked him how often do they check the system. I need for him to check at least every 2 hours.

3912DCO

I'm curious if this is a community issue. In other words, the people who process the Supply (July) commissions are (perhaps) different (and slower) than the people who are processing the Intel (September) COMDOCS. Or could it be a matter of billets opening up versus others waiting to open up?

I know I was surprised (and selfishly relieved) that September selectees were swearing-in already and you poor July guys are still in limbo.

Travia

GODSBABY
I'm curious if this is a community issue. In other words, the people who process the Supply (July) commissions are (perhaps) different (and slower) than the people who are processing the Intel (September) COMDOCS. Or could it be a matter of billets opening up versus others waiting to open up?

I know I was surprised (and selfishly relieved) that September selectees were swearing-in already and you poor July guys are still in limbo.

3912DCO,
That could be correct. I don't have the actual numbers but all post seem to confirm this. I only know one person who has been commissioned in Supply and he was prior service.

cargodog

Travia, You've heard more than I have. My recruiter has been in radio silence since scrolls came back - no word on letters or anything. My SF86 and medical approval before selection in July even. AND I've been slated for a billet since October. So there should be absolutely no reason for all this waiting.