• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Explanation of "scroll" process and Timeline of events until receipt of COMDOCs

dephyler

Contributor
Charlie,
Just curious, do the airlines offer special rate for military reservists who have to fly to drill? I'll be facing an eight hour drive to Virginia Beach every month, so that Sunday on drill weekend is going to be a LONG day if I drive!

You might as well ask. At least you'll be able to claim the airfare on your taxes though :)

3912DCO

Charlie,
Just curious, do the airlines offer special rate for military reservists who have to fly to drill? I'll be facing an eight hour drive to Virginia Beach every month, so that Sunday on drill weekend is going to be a LONG day if I drive!

Goop,
Who will you be drilling with out of Virginia Beach?

anichka

I have never heard of any airline discounts in the Navy Reserve. The best I've heard is being able to claim the travel-related expenses on your taxes. I haven't done it yet - and I live about 75 miles from my current unit.

The only thing I think they Navy helps you with is berthing on drill weekends.

goopscoop

Not sure what unit I'll end up with. Right now not even sure what's going on with my packet as I haven't heard anything on my final select. I've got a great recruiter though and he's looking into it with the folks in Tennessee. Just speculating Virginia Beach/Dam Neck because of Intel school for the first 18 months or so. I'm actually a closer drive to Atlanta (five hours), but according to the RIPPO I interviewed with down there, they send everybody to Jacksonville, FL for training and that would be a 12 hour or better drive for training. All of the officers I have interviewed with have stated that I live in a geographic black hole, far from any Intel units. Norfolk area will hold my destiny until I'm a full fledged 1635 and then after that who knows, it may be an Atlanta transfer down the road?

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
I have never heard of any airline discounts in the Navy Reserve. The best I've heard is being able to claim the travel-related expenses on your taxes. I haven't done it yet - and I live about 75 miles from my current unit.

The only thing I think they Navy helps you with is berthing on drill weekends.

United (as well as other majors) sometimes offer military discounts. Info on United's program is here: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,51098,00.html You can use these fares for anything you want - more of a "thank you for your service" than an official travel discount.

cargodog

Where's everyone at from the July Supply Board? I was on the Oct approved scrolls list, I have a billet and my processor says everything is good to go since before Christmas. But no Final Select letter or Docs yet. No one can figure out what the hold up is. Is anyone else having this problem? The anticipation is killing me!

Devil Duck

cargodog, I'm in the same boat as you. Still waiting. . . and waiting. I'm at the point where I'm trying to plan weekend within the next two months - I want to do the right thing and wait, but there are limits.

Intel_warrior

We have waited this long, be patient. Our time will come in the near future. Hopefully sooner than later, but whatever happens. When you get in, you will find that alot of things in the military is a rush and wait situation. Some things go quicker than you would imagine. Just not the Comdocs. lol

Iceman6291

Still waiting... I am getting used to the hurry up and wait situation. It seems that everyone that I talk to (processors, recruiters, and people down in Millington) all say that the scrolls list is approved, yet none know what the holdup is. I have resigned myself to being patient and take it day by day... I figure that the warmer weather is better anyway. That way after the ceremony is over everyone can beat a retreat to the bar for a fresh beverage. Or 4.

cargodog

Sometime around June they're going to find all of our docs under somebody's desk covered on coffee stains....

A friend of mine is stationed in Korea and has 60 days until she's supposed to go to her next station. She is supposed to have orders by now, but found out today that they are on a "strategic pause" as the military figures out personnel decisions for Afghanistan. I wonder if that could have anything to do with us.

X

xxxCharliexxx

I'm still waiting on comdocs. I have my final select letter that says my comdocs will be forwarded to my recruiter in "approximately 10 days" and that was dated on Jan 6. But I've heard it taking much longer in some cases on other forums. I'll let you guys know if I hear something by the 18th since the 16th falls on a Saturday.

Devil Duck

Okay, my recruiter informed me this morning that my comdocs won't be ready for about two months. I suppose anything sooner will be a pleasent surprise.