• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Explanation of "scroll" process and Timeline of events until receipt of COMDOCs

USNGRL

USAF...
Question...The final select letter. Did you get that in the US Mail? Or is it that letter that is signed off by the SecDef?

USAF.Boom

Letter

USAF...
Question...The final select letter. Did you get that in the US Mail? Or is it that letter that is signed off by the SecDef?

It comes in the mail. I did not receive mine in the US mail yet. I called my recruiter to ask her a question about something else and asked if there was any update. She said, " It looks like we have a final select letter in the system for you". She then said, "yes we do, I can email it to you". Which she did. 30 minutes later she emailed me and asked if I could come in Wednesday to swear in because my COMDOCs had arrived.

Here is a cut and paste of the letter.

Dear Mr. USAF.Boom,

Congratulations on your selection as an Intelligence Officer in the Navy Reserve Direct Commission Officer program. You should take pride in your selection to this highly competitive program.

Your commissioning documents are being prepared and will be forwarded to your Navy Reserve Recruiter within approximately 10 days. Your recruiter will contact you after receipt of the documents in order to set up a time for your commissioning ceremony.

After commissioning as an officer in the United States Navy Reserve, you will attend Direct Commissioning Officer (DCO) School in Newport, RI. This two-week course of instruction provides you with the necessary tools to understand your role as a Naval Officer. Information about DCO School can be obtained from your Reserve Center and on the Officer Training Command's website https://www.netc.navy.mil/nstc/otcn/Schoolhouses/DCO/DCOindex.htm

You should also contact the Direct Commissioning Officer School's Officer-in-Charge at (401) 841-7931.

The following information is provided for further processing of affiliation:

xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx

suppo2010

USAF,

That is awesome news, and good news for all of us waiting, you are the first domino to fall now we should be shortly after.... I will be reaching out to my recruiter tomorrow.... keep everyone posted.

Iceman6291

So this is the response that I just received from my recruiter using this information on this site as a basis. Pretty much told him that people I know are starting to hear and was looking for an update:

"Mr. Iceman6291

Just checked the CNRC N3 website which manages the scroll list. All my applicants from the Sep. Sup board were on the Oct Scroll submission, the last one published, Dec, showed no approvals yet, waiting on January and I just looked for it, not out yet. Once we have the scroll approval the FINSEL and COMMDOCS will be forth coming. I don't anticipate it should happen past this month. Thanks for the follow up and I hope your holidays we're enjoyable."

So either you all have kickass recruiters with wicked fast access to information as it comes out or there is something crossed here...

suppo2010

Iceman,

USAF is from the midwest one thing I have learned so far is that every region is different, matter of fact every recruiter has a different level of juice then others... so wouldnt suprise me that region plays a role in this... just guessing...

3912DCO

So this is the response that I just received from my recruiter using this information on this site as a basis. Pretty much told him that people I know are starting to hear and was looking for an update:

"Mr. Iceman6291

Just checked the CNRC N3 website which manages the scroll list. All my applicants from the Sep. Sup board were on the Oct Scroll submission, the last one published, Dec, showed no approvals yet, waiting on January and I just looked for it, not out yet. Once we have the scroll approval the FINSEL and COMMDOCS will be forth coming. I don't anticipate it should happen past this month. Thanks for the follow up and I hope your holidays we're enjoyable."

So either you all have kickass recruiters with wicked fast access to information as it comes out or there is something crossed here...

First, I can confirm that USAF does NOT have a "kick-ass" recruiter; from personal experience.

Next, I think we can all expect some further frustration as, someone above stated, more of the "dominos fall" and the domino isn't us. I don't think any of us expected that we would all get word within 24-hours of each other, that it's time to raise our right hands. I suspect further patience is in order, more for some of us than others.

cargodog

Just got off the phone with my recruiter. He said that we're just waiting for final select letters to be signed. Which could be any day. (Is this sounding familiar to anyone? I feel like a broken record!) He seemed confident for a January commissioning still. I think your select letter depends on if you have a unit lined up (which I do).

USNGRL

Another broken record.....

I called my recruiter today. He was not aware of the "Scroll" being out. I sent him a copy. Some 30 minutes later, he emailed this response.

To Wit: The signed scroll has come back, all names on it. NRC should be signing your FINSEL letter this week, and we should receive a copy in the mail. PERS 8 then will generate and fedex him a copy of our COMDOCS by early next week. Be prepared to meet with him, so that he can commission us.

My question: I don't want him to commission me, (cheap and dirty). I want to do it in the setting I choose, with whom I choose. Isn't that MY choice?

Devil Duck

Spoke with my recruiter as well, same as most above - still waiting on final select letter. I think I've decided on the recruiter's office desk-side commission with another short for-show ceremony at my work.

Intel_warrior

I had to resubmit the SF86 this week. Somehow, they lost it. Think god it is just a periodic reinvestigation. Senior Chief advised me that next week they should send my final letter. Whats another week after almost a year?

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
Another broken record.....

I called my recruiter today. He was not aware of the "Scroll" being out. I sent him a copy. Some 30 minutes later, he emailed this response.

To Wit: The signed scroll has come back, all names on it. NRC should be signing your FINSEL letter this week, and we should receive a copy in the mail. PERS 8 then will generate and fedex him a copy of our COMDOCS by early next week. Be prepared to meet with him, so that he can commission us.

My question: I don't want him to commission me, (cheap and dirty). I want to do it in the setting I choose, with whom I choose. Isn't that MY choice?

Yes, within reason. Communication is key, but just don't tell him that you think he's cheap and dirty.:)

USAF.Boom

Well, I did it. I raised my right hand today, signed my paperwork and was called ENSIGN!

What a feeling, going from the bottom of the enlisted ranks 8 yrs ago to today, I finally made it.

So I went into the admin and medical office to ask a few paperwork/record questions and it was weird to be called "sir" every time someone talked to me. Felt good I must admit, but I think it will old quick. I have promised myself not to forget what it was like to have a pain in the ass officer around and will do everything I can not to be "that guy".

Good luck to everyone and hope your time is very soon. Make sure you read everything, I found some errors on my paperwork and they had to be corrected before I signed, like the wrong name!

X

xxxCharliexxx

Congrats USAF.Boom!

I received my Final Select Letter via email today, Jan. 6, 2010!!!! I was told that prior or currently serving selects are being 'processed' first since they are in the system and since I'm not prior service or currently serving, I would imagine all of ours are being filtered through now since I got word today.

So, as far as the rest goes, I would imagine tomorrow will be your day! :)

Just for the record, I screamed pretty loud when I got the letter :)

-Charlie