• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Explanation of "scroll" process and Timeline of events until receipt of COMDOCs

goopscoop

Thanks to everyone for the updates. I've been without power since Friday due to the blizzard and this is finally some good news. Merry Christmas to everyone and congratulations.

X

xxxCharliexxx

Ok, continuing on the title of this thread...there are other steps beyond 'finally' getting scrolled. I thought I would post them here for anyone interested or in limbo of their next step.

You get scrolled and you finally see your name return. (Contact me if you are a select and haven't seen your name return - I'll be happy to tell you if you are on the list). Once this happens, a billet (soft billet) is requested as is your unit that you will be attached to in this soft billet. This 'soft' billet is used until they find a permanent home for you (billet for you) to occupy. Again, pretty standard to stay in a soft billet for quite some time. Don't worry about it. You will also most likely be placed into IAP status (training status so don't fret). The billet information comes back fairly quickly (day or two) and then your program manager requests your 'Final Select Letter' to be signed. This also comes after you are assigned to a billet/unit and they know you have a home (unit) to start drilling. You then move from "Pro Rec'd" status to "Select" status. As your Final Select Letter is requested, your comdocs are following them by a couple more days (up to 10). You then should be contacted by your recruiting office to go in and sign these docs.

Pat yourself on the back and curse about how long it took. But get that out of your system fairly quickly and get your contact info from your processor about who to contact at your unit. They (recruiting office) will (might) set you up for you to get your uniforms (or tell you where to go), set you up for your ID card (or again, take your orders and head to the base and they direct you where to go for your ID card - several ways to get this done actually), and tell you everything you need to know to begin your first drill.

Your first drill should be administrative. You head in and the first day is paperwork (admin, payroll, insurance, travel set up, etc.) and the second mainly consists of showing you what's what and who's who in your unit. You may or may not continue drilling at this location depending on where the NITC training is set up for you.

Everything will move fairly ..."fairly" quickly at this point ...relatively speaking. Considering we've been in a holding pattern for so long that anything will seem like it's at lightening speed I'm certain.

I hope this helps with anyone wondering "what's next?"

-Charlie

USAF.Boom

Final Select

I got my final select letter! Dated Dec 28, 2009. I was told later this week or sometime next week and I should have my COMDOCs. :)

tenntoo

USAF.Boom, I'm waiting for those things as well. Did you get the letter from your recruiter/processor or did it come in the mail?

Thanks!

USAF.Boom

COMDOCs

I just got another call (actually email this time).....My COMDOCs have arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From months and months of waiting to.....lighting speed. Now I have to plan a date to do this thing.