• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Explanation of "scroll" process and Timeline of events until receipt of COMDOCs

Iceman6291

Gents,

This is a letter that I recieved from my recruiter that answers a whole host of questions that have been posed on here. Hopefully this will serve to clear the air.

"Commissioning for our July 2009 DCO board selects will commence in early January. CNRC has the select letters ready to issue. The delay has been due to a lengthy scrolls process."

So the good news is we now have a rough estimate as to when we should start seeing the COMDOCS issued. Hope this helps.

Intel_warrior

Iceman
I recieved the same info from my recruiter. He advised me that my billet was uploaded and due to the stand down that starts on Friday, it will be early January before the Comdocs start moving out of CNRC. This sure is a test of patience, more so than anything else I have come across in the Navy.

cargodog

Gents,

This is a letter that I recieved from my recruiter that answers a whole host of questions that have been posed on here. Hopefully this will serve to clear the air.

"Commissioning for our July 2009 DCO board selects will commence in early January. CNRC has the select letters ready to issue. The delay has been due to a lengthy scrolls process."

So the good news is we now have a rough estimate as to when we should start seeing the COMDOCS issued. Hope this helps.

...and lad's thank you! :D

Thanks for the info. Sounds like they'll be releasing letters as soon as scrolls are signed. Any way to know when that will be?

Intel - what do you mean by "stand down" on Friday? Are you referring to the holiday?

X

xxxCharliexxx

Goopscoop,

I'm a Sept select as well and everything I hear is that it will also be January. But seeing as these guys had to wait since July, I don't know how accurate that is.

If I hear anything more concrete, I will let you know.

Iceman6291

All,

Another update for you, this one not completely confirmed. I heard from a friend who is in the process as well that the scrolls list was approved. Working on getting verification of that now but it sounds like they were pretty sure it is approved. That said, I am still thinking that the COMDOCS aren't going to be going out until after the 1st, especially seeing as this snow storm pretty much shut down everything in the government, add that to the holiday season.

campbellsoup278

Iceman,

Do you know if this is just for the July boards or both the July and Sept boards? I was told by my recruiter that the scroll list does not get sent up the chain of command until there is enough names on the list. I figured this may have caused the delay for the July boards and that both boards created enough names for the list to go up to the Secretary of Defense.

cargodog

All,

Another update for you, this one not completely confirmed. I heard from a friend who is in the process as well that the scrolls list was approved. Working on getting verification of that now but it sounds like they were pretty sure it is approved. That said, I am still thinking that the COMDOCS aren't going to be going out until after the 1st, especially seeing as this snow storm pretty much shut down everything in the government, add that to the holiday season.

CONFIRMED! I received an email from my recruiter yesterday but wanted to make 100% sure that they were confirmed. He confirmed with me this morning that the October 15th scrolls are approved. Campbellsoup: You would have to know which scrolls list you were on (I don't know if there can be two at once or not) because it doesn't always go by which board you were on - two people from the same board can end up on different scrolls. From what I understand, the COMDOCS have already been generated, but they will hopefully go out on the 4th. Either way, there's light at the end of the tunnel! Woo hoo!

campbellsoup278

CONFIRMED! I received an email from my recruiter yesterday but wanted to make 100% sure that they were confirmed. He confirmed with me this morning that the October 15th scrolls are approved. Campbellsoup: You would have to know which scrolls list you were on (I don't know if there can be two at once or not) because it doesn't always go by which board you were on - two people from the same board can end up on different scrolls. From what I understand, the COMDOCS have already been generated, but they will hopefully go out on the 4th. Either way, there's light at the end of the tunnel! Woo hoo!

Thanks for the info.

X

xxxCharliexxx

My processor sent me a copy of the scroll with my name on it!!!!

WOOHOOO!!!!

Congrats to all!! And a VERY Merry Christmas!!

X

xxxCharliexxx

Scroll

Campbellsoup,

FYI, I was also a Sept select - on this OCT 15 scroll list. So SEPT and JULY selects were included.

Merry Christmas!