• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Et Tu, Petraeus?

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
For me, I know that I usually trust conspiracy theories rather than Occam's or Hanlon's razor. What could go wrong, right?

FlyingOnFumes

Nobel WAR Prize Aspirant
The depths of Jill Kelley's delusion revealed:

"You know, I don't know if by any chance, because I'm an honorary consul general, so I have inviolability, so they should not be able to cross my property. I don't know if you want to get diplomatic protection involved as well," she told the 911 dispatcher Monday.

The idea that this broad gets some kind of "thanks for being our event coordinator" certificate that says "Honorary Ambassador," then tries to invoke diplomatic privilege with the authorities. Unbelievable. This woman needs to be ground up by Ralston Purina as cat food.

What a F*****G SCUMBAG!

With the Blues and T-birds both being "Ambassadors in Blue"... do they get diplomatic protection as well? :D (Or do they get antibiotics and some oxygen for being "blue"...)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Heard a new conspiracy originally posited by the oddly dressed Krauthammer on the radio today:

So Petraeus has an affair and wants to keep it secret. He wants to keep it secret so he can keep his job and not be forced out. He knows to some extent that the administration knows he did it. So he is even more "encouraged" to tow the party line to keep his job. But he doesn't want to tow the party line on Benghazi, so that's when it all blows up.

Sounds plausible to someone that isn't looking too in depth on this. Guess we'll find out when Petraeus testifies.

That doesn't really sound plausible at all.

People have really got to let the Benghazi thing go, at least as far as the conspiracy goes. Yes, it's got a lot of lessons on what not to do, but it's not the "Obama let this former SEAL die because he hates America" gold mine for conservatives. It was a chaotic situation. People made calls that were bad in retrospect. Learn from it. Done.

SkywardET

Contrarian
That doesn't really sound plausible at all.

People have really got to let the Benghazi thing go, at least as far as the conspiracy goes. Yes, it's got a lot of lessons on what not to do, but it's not the "Obama let this former SEAL die because he hates America" gold mine for conservatives. It was a chaotic situation. People made calls that were bad in retrospect. Learn from it. Done.
That has nothing to do with the conspiracy that Krauthammer mentioned, at least as I paraphrased.

Perhaps conspiracy is too strong a word.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
The depths of Jill Kelley's delusion revealed:

"You know, I don't know if by any chance, because I'm an honorary consul general, so I have inviolability, so they should not be able to cross my property. I don't know if you want to get diplomatic protection involved as well," she told the 911 dispatcher Monday.

The idea that this broad gets some kind of "thanks for being our event coordinator" certificate that says "Honorary Ambassador," then tries to invoke diplomatic privilege with the authorities. Unbelievable. This woman needs to be ground up by Ralston Purina as cat food.

Now with audio....just cause I enjoy seeing Brett lose his shit...:D

phrogpilot73

It was suggested by one of the Navy guys that I work with that Kevin Bacon may just be the lynchpin in all of this. After doing some research, I think he was right...

Example:
I was an uncredited CH-46E pilot in Battle Los Angeles with Kurt Deville
Kurt Deville was in Super with Kevin Bacon
Kevin Bacon was on the 60th Primetime Emmy Awards with John Stewart
John Stewart was on the Daily Show with Paula Broadwell
Paula Broadwell sent threatening emails to Jill Kelley

Only 5 degrees...

Example 2:
Osama Bin Laden was in 9/11 Mysteries Part 1 with Rudy Giulani
Rudy Giulani was on Christmas in Rockefeller Center with Kevin Bacon...

Example 3:
Joseph Stalin was on a Universal News Reel with Ed Herlihy
Ed Herlihy was in Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment with Colleen Camp
Colleen Camp was in Trapped with Kevin Bacon...

Final Example:
Barack Obama was in The Road We've Traveled with Tom Hanks
Tom Hanks was in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon...

I want to know what Kevin Bacon knew, and when he knew it.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As was discussed in our recent NWC ethics conference (which, BTW is the best approach I've ever seen a Navy institution take toward the subject), ethics usually involves decision-making at the margins in those gray areas. Cheating on your wife doesn't really fall into a gray area. It's pretty black and white.

If you've got some time to watch this, it's a pretty interesting view of what the profession of arms means. I'll put in a plug for the NWC YouTube channel as well. All kinds of interesting things to watch.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Doesn't it? :D Totally random find, as I was looking for a shorter Fargo clip than the one that popped up initially.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
As was discussed in our recent NWC ethics conference (which, BTW is the best approach I've ever seen a Navy institution take toward the subject), ethics usually involves decision-making at the margins in those gray areas. Cheating on your wife doesn't really fall into a gray area. It's pretty black and white.

Not disagreeing, but ethics are rules and laws applied to morals.

So, cheating on your wife is unethical in the military because it's against the UCMJ. For a civilian it's immoral since there is no law against it.