• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ensign with a dui charge

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
charming-smil.jpg
I've been there...
And apparently done that....

helo_wifey

The KHK pulled back in about a week ago and a LT in one of the jet squadrons got a DUI coming in the gate the morning after he flew in. As of last Wednesday no sailors in CAG 5 can drive period. Just an example of whats being done out here. The ole ball and chain will be happy when he can drive to the squadron again and doesn't have to be soccer mom'd around by me if he wants to go somewhere. At least you guys can still drive :)

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
UInavy said:
Cool, I'm sure he appreciates that being aired out here. Very easy to narrow that one down.
Its probably in the base paper...

Fred

The KHK pulled back in about a week ago and a LT in one of the jet squadrons got a DUI coming in the gate the morning after he flew in. As of last Wednesday no sailors in CAG 5 can drive period. Just an example of whats being done out here. The ole ball and chain will be happy when he can drive to the squadron again and doesn't have to be soccer mom'd around by me if he wants to go somewhere. At least you guys can still drive :)

Who made that rule, the new CAG?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
As of last Wednesday no sailors in CAG 5 can drive period.
Might make you advocates of CO's discretion think twice.;) :D

Just kidding...couldn't resist. I really do see your point and am trying to find a way to square up our thoughts on the issues.

The Stinkster

Now who do I blame?
pilot
Might make you advocates of CO's discretion think twice.;) :D

Just kidding...couldn't resist. I really do see your point and am trying to find a way to square up our thoughts on the issues.

Actually, the example that you are talking about is exactly the type that makes CO's discretion so important and such a good idea. There is more to this story than meets the eye, which you obviously are not privy to. Just know that the incident in CAG-5 serves to completely refute your argument and don't interject on things about which you have no idea about the circumstances.:icon_rage

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Actually, the example that you are talking about is exactly the type that makes CO's discretion so important and such a good idea. There is more to this story than meets the eye, which you obviously are not privy to. Just know that the incident in CAG-5 serves to completely refute your argument and don't interject on things about which you have no idea about the circumstances.:icon_rage

Come on...this was clearly a joke. If you choose to get bent out of shape about it, that is your perogative.

On top of that, I made no comment in any way referring to the person involved in this. My comment was merely in regard to the 1200 folks who now have to find a new way to work. I never inferred that I had any information other than that.

The Stinkster

Now who do I blame?
pilot
Come on...this was clearly a joke. If you choose to get bent out of shape about it, that is your perogative.

Trust me, I am not bent out of shape...yet, but if you would like I could become so. Your post, joking or not, was responded to for a couple of reasons.

1) You do not know if the said individual lurks on this pages, posts on this page, or otherwise has members of his squadron, etc that are members here. Since he can't come on and talk about the situation in a public forum, he would probably appreciate a limit to the speculation about it from the uninformed, and would definietly not like to hear that his very serious situation was being made light of or used to make a point one way or the other on a web chat.

2) There are countless people that read this thread, and joke or no joke may take what is said here as gospel. Bad gouge and rumor travel fast, and tend to have a far reach. I have no idea how this will turn out, and neither does anyone else, but I have no desire to see it hashed out on this page.

As to my getting bent out of shape being my perogative, I suppose that could be seen as a joke too, depends on what tone I imagine it was delivered in, but remember that you have no idea who you are talking to either. Remember that when you make those types of comments in the future.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Since he can't come on and talk about the situation in a public forum, he would probably appreciate a limit to the speculation about it from the uninformed, and would definietly not like to hear that his very serious situation was being made light of or used to make a point one way or the other on a web chat.

2) There are countless people that read this thread, and joke or no joke may take what is said here as gospel. Bad gouge and rumor travel fast, and tend to have a far reach. I have no idea how this will turn out, and neither does anyone else, but I have no desire to see it hashed out on this page.
1. I never speculated about the situation that caused the suspension of driving privledges, nor did I claim to have any information about it.

2. I did not make light of this individuals situation. My comment was directed at the air group who now can't drive to work.

3. I passed no gouge or rumor. The information I commented on is public knowledge.

4. I made no attempt to get information about, pass information on, or discuss the situation that led to this ban.

As far as knowing who you are, you are obviously correct, I don't. However, nothing I have said was disrespectful in any way. I'm sorry that you took my comment so personally, but I cannot help but think that you read a bit more into my statement than was actually there.

The Stinkster

Now who do I blame?
pilot
^Funny! Let me clarify....Scoobs, I noted your secondary comments as quoted above, and I read your edited in response, made while I was posting my reply. I can buy that it was an offhanded joke and then a comment about trying to rectify differing views on the subject, but in my point about making light of a complex situation still stands. It is not good form to make jokes about something like this, and the circumstances that are at work here would easily "square the thoughts up for you" on why things are done the way they are. But as stated before, they can't be talked about here. As to your defense that you were speaking of the 1200 others finding a way to work, again...there is a lot more going on there than meets the eye, and it is not my place to discuss it. Suffice it to say that the incident in question was not the only factor going into that decision. As for the rest, no issues from me, and I am all for a good discussion on the topic, but without using ongoing issues to try and debate it. WHen it is over, and the verdict is out, then it is a more appropriate time to talk about it....maybe.

Again, posting at the same time so I will simply edit in that I am not trying to get into a debate with you, nor am I accusing you of anything. Simply a friendly reminder that things can easily be miscontrued, and while I agree that you were not being disrespectful, nor did I really take it that way, the point that I was making was that it would not be a big stretch to surmise that you were with the "if you want to....that is your perogetive" comment. We have no issues as far as I am concerned...resume debate. If there is any question as to why it is a big issue for some of us...just look at my local. If there are any other issues that we need to clear up...feel free to PM me and we will handle it amongst ourselves. No need to keep hashing this out and boring everyone else. Cheers!