• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enlisted get a shot at a seat in the cockpit

bobbybrock

None
Well there is something to consider about that CW03 aviator. He is making 650 to 840 in ACIP plus he will probably be making 12 to 25 g's a year in ACP ( bonus) . So in reallity the CWO3 aviator could be puliing in close to 3000 grand more a month than the ground warrant.
As the Army goes this is pretty much the standard. Plus the warrants don't have gates to make so they make 840 in ACIP after 14 years and it does not go down with each year after 14 . The bonus is only offered to Warrant pilots in the Army. Causes a little friction between the CWO3's and the regular officers who aren not eligable for the bonus.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
VS had flying AW warrants and LDOs at least as long as there were still AWs in the squadrons...some continued even after that. For the record, the best DivO I've ever seen (as well as one of the best tacticians) was a flying AW warrant (before the experimental NAO to NFO program). That I can remember, virtually every squadron had either a CWO or LDO flying AW, and all TSCs (Land and CV) had at least one.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
bobbybrock said:
Well there is something to consider about that CW03 aviator. He is making 650 to 840 in ACIP plus he will probably be making 12 to 25 g's a year in ACP ( bonus) . So in reallity the CWO3 aviator could be puliing in close to 3000 grand more a month than the ground warrant.
As the Army goes this is pretty much the standard. Plus the warrants don't have gates to make so they make 840 in ACIP after 14 years and it does not go down with each year after 14 . The bonus is only offered to Warrant pilots in the Army. Causes a little friction between the CWO3's and the regular officers who aren not eligable for the bonus.
I would be very surprised if the Navy offered the same ACCP bonus to this new group of CWO/LDOs.

Brett

S.O.B.

pilot
bobbybrock said:
Well if they are around after 6 or 8 years it will be hard justify not giving it to them.

The point of the bonus is to keep guys in. It won’t be a factor for the CWOs because they will be so close to retirement they’ll stay in regardless. I’m sure the bean counters have thought of this. Just another way to save dollars.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
I would be very surprised if the Navy offered the same ACCP bonus to this new group of CWO/LDOs.

Brett

I would be surprised to see if there would continue to be a bonus at all if this WO thing takes hold.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
BigIron said:
I would be surprised to see if there would continue to be a bonus at all if this WO thing takes hold.
How do you figure?

Brett

fudog50

ZAB1001,
A), You have only been in P-3's for 6 years, please read my post carefully. I referenced the 95-96 time frame which is 4 years before your time. And like I said I know one of them personally and he flew in VP-46 during that time, the others I don't know. During that timeframe they were seriously hurting for FE's and they opened up the source rates to include AO's. (plus the flying AO program ended and I know two flying AO's that got picked up for FE) Obviously you know more than I do about the community now because you are in it, so what you say is probably correct now, certainly not in 94-98 time frame. Thanks for the replies though, happy hunting! (subs)

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I understand your point, but to quote myself:
zab1001 said:
edit: this is directed at Sabre's post.

Sabre, I'd bet the Instructors you're talking about are referring to the LDO TACCOs and possibly CWO AWs.

bobbybrock

None
I don't think that you can put these new aviators CWO's in the same class woth their non flying bretheren. Most will only have a fews years enlisted time when they go to flight school. So by the time their commitment is up they will still have a few years till they are up for retirement. So they will require so type of incentive to stay.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
bobbybrock said:
I don't think that you can put these new aviators CWO's in the same class woth their non flying bretheren. Most will only have a fews years enlisted time when they go to flight school. So by the time their commitment is up they will still have a few years till they are up for retirement. So they will require so type of incentive to stay.
Not really. Max age is 27 and most will be closer to that than not. That puts them at ~9 years service, add 2 for flight school, and 6-8 for their initial commitment = 17-19 years. Who's going to throw away that much time being just 1-3 years short of retirement? Hence, no bonus.

Brett

bobbybrock

None
Well that is if they came in at 18. I'll use the army as a model. If that was the case then we wouldn't be getting a bonus. The targeted bonus this year is for the guys who are sitting at twenty. They are trying to retain there most eaperienced pilots who are CWO3's and CWO4's. It won't be a while till a retention bunus is needed.
I'm sure most of these guiyas will be happy making regualr ACIP at 650 or 840.But if I'm a guy doing most of the flying I think I'm entitled to the same bonus as the URL types.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
bobbybrock said:
Well that is if they came in at 18. I'll use the army as a model. If that was the case then we wouldn't be getting a bonus. The targeted bonus this year is for the guys who are sitting at twenty. They are trying to retain there most eaperienced pilots who are CWO3's and CWO4's. It won't be a while till a retention bunus is needed.
I'm sure most of these guiyas will be happy making regualr ACIP at 650 or 840.But if I'm a guy doing most of the flying I think I'm entitled to the same bonus as the URL types.
I think we're still stuck on the apples/oranges thing here.

Army program ≠ Navy program

Brett

bobbybrock

None
Okay I'll buy that. The programs are not the same. But what would stop the Navy CWO H-60 pilot from leaving the Navy and jumping ship to the Army and getting a 25,000 a year bonus?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
bobbybrock said:
Okay I'll buy that. The programs are not the same. But what would stop the Navy CWO H-60 pilot from leaving the Navy and jumping ship to the Army and getting a 25,000 a year bonus?
The prospect of retiring in 1-3 years and being done with it all. Remember these guys will be approaching age 40. I don't know what the rules for interservice transfer are, but I would guess that that is not going to be happening.

Brett