• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

EAA AirVenture Oshkosh

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
I've flown the T-38 into Oshkosh in '97, '99, and 2002-2010 (save for 2007, when I flew the U-2 in; and 2008 when I flew the U-2 back to Beale... joined up on a Cessna on that one, and made the cover of Flying Magazine, March 2009).
We always get an "IFR slot time". Despite that,... it can get "sporty".

Huggy, if you hadn't given me the gouge on that in 2010, I would have been totally lost.

I flew up initial, got a right break behind a couple of Mustangs, had a near midair in the final turn with a Cessna 177, and had to low approach due to the Mustangs and T-6 on the runway in front of me. What a circus...and completely awesome!

Renegade One

None
I got a 96 on the pilot portion of thr AFOQT, but was arrested when I was 18 for a "potato gun incident"....
What? "23 arrests but no convictions?" For a frakin' potato gun? YGBSM...:)

Took a Prowler into Oshkosh circa 96 and it went fine. Right hand carrier break at max warp...
Prowler and "max warp" do not belong in the same sentence. Unless it's a relative thing...:)

Planeform

pilot
I was under the impression VT-2 was the only one sending CCX's to Oshkosh. Or you profile is out of date :)

Guilty as charged on my profile, I'll have to update that...TW1 now. There are about 4-5 planes coming from here. We'll look for you all!

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I'll be taking a P-3 to Oshkosh arriving on Friday and leaving Monday. NavAir, looks like we'll just miss you. Everyone feel free to stop by and see the war pig. We'll be staying in the dorms as well.

HuggyU2

None
I didn't turn my computer on the entire time there. Too bad, as I saw the P-3 in the break, and came by your aircraft later.
I also couldn't find NavAir.
I did get to talk to CNATRA for about 15 minutes on Monday night.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I'll be taking a P-3 to Oshkosh arriving on Friday and leaving Monday. NavAir, looks like we'll just miss you. Everyone feel free to stop by and see the war pig. We'll be staying in the dorms as well.

You've got one of our guys with you, too. Lucky, sounds like an awesome deal. I was scheduled to do a flyover for SeaFair but had to canx because of another flight.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
H
I didn't turn my computer on the entire time there. Too bad, as I saw the P-3 in the break, and came by your aircraft later.
I also couldn't find NavAir.
I did get to talk to CNATRA for about 15 minutes on Monday night.
Huggy, sorry we didn't get to meet up. Your fame did precede you though. One of the (many) T-34B guys knew who you were and mentioned you by name while we were shooting the breeze next to the CONA T-6.

Ken, I hope the dorms are cooler for you than they were for us. Tuesday night was down right miserable. Made me glad for air conditioning when I got back to Florida.

Over all, AirVenture was a blast. I've never seen airspace like that, and probably never will again outside of Oshkosh. The folks there really were the nicest 500,000 people I've ever met. I'll be trying to get back again next year.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Ken, I hope the dorms are cooler for you than they were for us. Tuesday night was down right miserable. Made me glad for air conditioning when I got back to Florida.

Nope, the dorms were just as miserable for us. The airshow was awesome though.