• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

EAA AirVenture Oshkosh

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Nice. I’m in the vicinity and have been conducting riverine (lakerine?) operations so far.

I believe those would be considered the "inland littorals." As in, "Conducted operations in the riverine and inland littoral domains enabling joint maneuver warfare across aquatic terrain features and providing logistics support to forces deployed in austere environments."

Boy, I sure don't miss my days making endless, jargon-filled powerpoints on staff.

I unfortunetly was unable to go this year - I have a number of colleagues there - and a number of our unit Reservists are there on TDY earning points. CAP is in charge of all the marshalling at Air Venture - under the designation "Blue Beret". The AF funded a brand new 60' tall RF antennae to support the CAP RF voice network for teh marshalling force (mostly manned by cadets). These cadets train for months learning how to properly marshall aircraft and direct planes to appropriate parking spots - think "yellow shirts".

While the AF has a very decent presence at Air Venture this year, AFSOC is deliberately making a marquis appearance - with 9 airframes coming to Air Venture from various AFSOC units - including the brand new C-145 Combat Coyote which will be both flight and static displayed for the public. The CC of AFSOC, Lt Gen Jim Slife will be there on TDY as well with his staff (apparently a great helo dude).

All my friends who went to Blue Beret as cadets said it was a great time. Are you able to go and get your blue beret as well? They look pretty snazzy (But those ABUs are U-G-L-Y).

DieyWLNVsAAnG46

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Negative - I’m a Dept. of the AF civ, and I merely provide oversight, advice, and liaison - which is code for sitting with my hands in my pockets and telling sea stories while the volunteers do the real work ?
I hope your goal is to ensure all the CAP pollywogs know the definition of - and ideally, use in everyday conversation - geedunk, p-way, bulkhead, deck, ladderwell, midrats, blue nose, mast, gundeck, etc. before they go off to zoomy zoom land.