• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Squeeze, you can keep throwing the pictures up on here, I own the server, and have plenty of gigs to go....

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
bunk22 said:
Nice pics but those COD's are 120's aircraft CQing. The NP2000 (new prop 2000) testing has just been completed at PAX and 120 got the first E-2C with it. The NP2000 testing for the C-2 starts later this year at PAX. The first fleet C-2 to get them will probably be in 2006-07 from what we've been told.

Ya, I guess those are.... VRC-30 was doing the COD stuff for the Lincoln and they flew several logistics runs....I just wasn't sure if I snapped any of them, but I do remember a sketchy-ass landing or two from them ;)

webmaster: more to come in a bit

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone (VAW/VRC guys) know what the deal is with pitch control on those things? I'm assuming (which means I'm probably wrong) that its electronic/servo, vice the glorious hydraulic system. Are they composite blades? If so, does that equal a feathering spring/actuator, vice (yet again) fluid reliability? (just for you Webmaster)

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
zab1001 said:
Anyone (VAW/VRC guys) know what the deal is with pitch control on those things? I'm assuming (which means I'm probably wrong) that its electronic/servo, vice the glorious hydraulic system. Are they composite blades? If so, does that equal a feathering spring/actuator, vice (yet again) fluid reliability? (just for you Webmaster)
Fluid reliability? Prop Pump Light? What's that? Unlike you, I am going to fly a desk, you get to go fly with the Chileans and smoke in the cockpit.... light up a good cohiba for me!

/end threadjack

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here you go....don't say I never did anything for you prop-types.

(the first two are because I think they're pretty :icon_tong )

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Part 3 of 3

(if anyone wants bigger versions of these, I have them in 2048x1536, which is suitable for printing and what-not...just lemme know.)

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
I was out there as well. Did you get any pics of the "Stealth" The hideous thing that passes for a naval aircraft

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
montellv said:
I was out there as well. Did you get any pics of the "Stealth" The hideous thing that passes for a naval aircraft

Who cares about the 'stealth'...I missed Jessica Biel. But no, they offloaded it the day before we walked aboard, but we saw it sitting on the flightdeck.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I agree that it's looks a little low (taxi 1 wire?)...but it could be parallax error because the camera was up on the O-10 level.
ea6bflyr

ordinary_guy said:
Is the Greyhound in number thirteen supposed to be that close to the ramp?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
ea6bflyr said:
I agree that it's looks a little low (taxi 1 wire?)...but it could be parallax error because the camera was up on the O-10 level.
ea6bflyr

Agree. More often than not the pics I see from that angle causes the aircraft to look low. If the student settled in close, flew through down, etc, and paddles caught it, he would have been given the happy lights :D

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Patmack18 said:
Good pics Squeeze... what kind of Camera do you use?

Looks like the boat is clipping along pretty quick.

Thanks...
it's an old Olympus C-3040Z 3.3mp job. it was the latest and greatest at one point.

Soon it will be replaced by a digital SLR, but I'm still shopping for that.