• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound

Dave Shutter

Now that I finally have jet training figured out...there's one squadron doing the advanced E2/C2 training, and they have to share their jets.

Will carrier prop advanced ultimately be done in the Goshawk? You said the T-2 has characteristics like the T-34. Training them in the T-2 makes sense, economical and otherwise, but continuing on in the 'Hawk!

...sounds like truck driving school done in a Vette'?

Just wondering?

D

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
E2/C2 Advanced moving to Kingsville

At our welcome aboard today the Commodore told the E2/C2's in our class that E2/C2 advanced is moving from VT-9 here in Meridian to Kingsville. Therefore, the last E2/C2 class to be trained on the T-2 will start sometime in January. Around March, all new students will be sent to the T-45A in Kingsville.

Also, we're one of the last classes to do Intermediates on the T-2 before moving on to the T-45C next door at VT-7. VT-9 will also become a Total Syllubus squadron like 7. VT-9 already has some of their new T-45Cs, and supposedly some instructors from 7 are going to come over and help get things going while the VT-9 instructors transition.

ghost_ttu

I was curious about that. If you put jets as first and e2/c2 as 2nd choice and end up getting the latter, what would the realic view of being able to move to jets later down the road be? Any different from the odds of being able to do so from helo's, or p3's?

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Interesting question. I never thought of it before. It's funny, a good portion of the instructors in advanced jets are E-2/C-2 guys. In fact, I had 4 who worked for me directly. I have never known or heard of an E-2/C-2 switching to a jet MOS.
Is this a permanent move for the E-2 pipeline? We developed a syllabus back in '97 at Kingsville when the T-2s were down for almost a year. It was temporary then. If they leave P'Cola it will be an almost "Empty Cradle" of Naval Aviation. There will be no more pilots trained there just NFO's. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

corsair17

I'm thinking of choosing the C-2 as my first choice for a variety of reasons.

Whats the life style of E2/C2 pilots? Flying? Stations? Hours?

Jack

Frumby. There haven't been an Naval Aviators winged out of Pcola in years. The E2/C2 Advanced moved to Meridian, VT-19 became VT-9, intermediate jets and advanced E2/C2.

To whomever posted that they would like to select C-2s - realize that you do not know if you get C-2s or E-2s until you show up at the RAG. They place you all in a room and tell you what is availabe and where and then allow you to duke it out. If you can't come to a consensus then they decide for you.

C-2s used to be a lot better deal than it is now for one main reason - they didn't stay at the boat nearly as long as the rest of the wing. They would det out of forwrad deployed fields and just make their mail runs to the boat. That has changed - they are spending a lot more time on the boat.

Just my two cents - if you're gonna be tailhooking you might as well be doing it in something tactical.

Pigpen

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
All to Meridian? Now I didn't know that one. I know they were still in P'Cola up until March of 2000 but I had no idea they had been permanently now. Sad. P'cola had really changed. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

jso

Hawkeyes or Greyhounds?

I posted this message once before, but I think it was lost when the new format took effect. I am an SNA in between intermediate and anvanced in the E2/C2 pipeline. I was looking for pros and cons to both platforms so I can make a more informed decision. I also have questions about the career paths for both platforms. Any information about anything E2/C2 would be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Farva

Does the E2/C2 gouge pretty much fall under intermediate and advanced props?

Are E2/C2 slots as competitive as fighter slots?

Oscar

E-2C Rag Student
From my experience, if you are qualified for E2/C2 and you put it in for it, then you will probably get it. However, the cutoff for jet grades and E2/C2 grades is the same, 50 NSS.

Yes, at least it is the Intermediate E2/C2 gouge. E2/C2 intermediates is about 90% of the P-3 Advanced curriculum. Then E2/C2 advanced is just about all of Phase 1 in the T-45, and then straight to the boat.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
E2/C2 slots are far from competitive. Unless you're planning on being **** hot and getting C2s, then nobody actually chooses to go that route. I know of maybe 2 people who put down e2/c2 because of the Greyhounds.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
E2/C2's are competitive in the fact that people are working hard not to get drafted into the pipeline. I have to agree with kmat though, beinga GOD pilot..err..I mean COD pilot is the ****hot way to go
jump_125.gif