• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dumb things you've overheard

Screamtruth

นักมวย
Mine is kind of lame, but it plays on that ole hot mike thing,
I was doing touch n go's in a C172, and having a bad day at that. I turned from base to final too late and at the completion of the turn I was OFF the centerline by a LOT.
Me: "F**king runway moved!"
Random: "Yeah, they do that from time to time."
Tower: "Oops, We'll put it back, sorry."
I felt pretty stupid, needless to say.:eek:

rare21

pilot
Contributor
this one came from me:

Right before my Formation/HAR simulator:

"So will I be flying as Lead today as well?"

Instructor:

"Lead? In the simulator?"

I was a little red after everyone in the room stopped laughing. Of course what i meant by flying lead was just to practice the lead change. but it just sounded dumb.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
One of mine... Fam 8 in T-34s, airborne:

Me: "Sir, this is kind of a retarded question, but could you explain to me how much you use the rudders when you're flying?"

Him: My brother is retarded.

*cricket cricket*

Him: I'm just fvcking with you.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I was the ASO at a previous command. I listened to a RADM ask this question (after a mishap):

RADM: "Why did you not land, shut down and call for backup?"

HAC: "Because we thought it sounded the same" (speaking of the sound made by the rotors
after they cut off the top of some pine trees)

RADM: (not able to print his response due to graphic language)

They landed unevenfully....but, I think you will see the point of why the RADM was a bit upset.

Mishap was eventually downgraded to hazrep because cost of tip caps was less than class C threshold.

usnphoenix

Remove before flight
pilot
From a current SNFO when they were in a naval science class:

"So all the officers in the Navy are on the aircraft carriers and all the enlisted guys are on the other ships right Sir?"

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Pardon me. *blush* Gee, one slip of the tongue and suddenly you're a social leper. :D

Not gonna say anything about the SuppO comment...that's the attitude EVERYONE has about us.......

Until they want something.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
Before I did nrotc, i tried enlisting in the Army. This was the recruiter's pitch...

Him: So, you wanna join the Navy?
Me: Well, I've thought about it. I mean, my dad and all his brothers are in the Navy.
Him: Well, listen to me. (Points to the floor). Imagine this is the ocean (Pulls out a quarter and holds quarter in front of my face) and this is your ship.

He flicks the quarter in the middle of the huge carpeted floor.

Him:If you join the Navy, thats you.
Me: So I can't join the Army?

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
this one came from me:

Right before my Formation/HAR simulator:

"So will I be flying as Lead today as well?"

Instructor:

"Lead? In the simulator?"

I was a little red after everyone in the room stopped laughing. Of course what i meant by flying lead was just to practice the lead change. but it just sounded dumb.

Hahaha! Oh man...this one actually brought a tear to my eye from laughing :D