• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DOR and IA

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Never had any encounter with cops in Whidbey. Did you ever consider that they may just not like the looks of you? You are kind of a weasel. ;)

Brett

I was pulled over 7 times in WA state, 5 of them on Whidbey Island.....you are probably right.......:D

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, on of the pilots who went through the RAG when I did lived in an apartment in the 'hood' section of Whidbey and ended up with a bullet hole in one of his walls. The police shot his downstairs neighbor who was threatening them with a knife (originally a domestic disturbance call). That is a rarity though......;)
Where in OH was this? I'm curious.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Have either of you two gentleman been pulled over in or around Anacortes?

Nope, one of the few places I was not......Highway 20 was my nemesis, all those idiots driving 40 in the 50 zones.......ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!:icon_rage

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Have either of you two gentleman been pulled over in or around Anacortes?

Did you have an unpleasant experience?

I'm a notorious speeder, yet I've only received 2-3 tickets in my entire life. The only time I've ever been pulled over in WA was in some podunk town on the east side north of Moses Lake. It was a rural HYW that had a late breaking speed change upon entering the ville and, of course, the cop was waiting right there for me. I suppose I was justified in receiving a ticket, but I certainly wasn't about to drive over to Monroe County to contest the ticket.

Brett

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Did you have an unpleasant experience?

I'm a notorious speeder, yet I've only received 2-3 tickets in my entire life. The only time I've ever been pulled over in WA was in some podunk town on the east side north of Moses Lake. It was a rural HYW that had a late breaking speed change upon entering the ville and, of course, the cop was waiting right there for me. I suppose I was justified in receiving a ticket, but I certainly wasn't about to drive over to Monroe County to contest the ticket.

Brett

I have never been pulled over within the city limits. I can respect the police force there although if I ever got stopped I would expect to meet Barney Fife. I had a 5 year streek of avoiding/successfully contesting tickets untill the very day I had to leave for NSI, I got caught on Rosario. It broke my heart but I had to mail in a check. :(

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Where in OH was this? I'm curious.

In the old apartment buildings off of N Oak Harbor St, behind the skating rink (is it still there?) and the nursing home. Oak Harbor's version of the hood.....:D

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The skating rink was still there when I left 8 months ago...

Thank goodness, I was worried that I would have to find out the new place where the high school girls hang out.......:D

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, OK. The apartments which look suspiciously like trailers. I'm sufficiently far away to breathe a sigh of relief.:D

Tom

pilot
Contributor
What is the best way to contest a ticket? Deny that you were speeding? Hope the cop doesn't show up? Where your uniform and pray for mercy?

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
What is the best way to contest a ticket? Deny that you were speeding? Hope the cop doesn't show up? Where your uniform and pray for mercy?

My formula is to sopeana the officers testimony and any other pertienent information such as the calabration log for the speed measuring device as well as the record of the officer's qualifacation to use said device. I do not sopeana the officer himself, because if he is present, than he gets a chance to defend his actions and the paperwork that documents these actions. I then go through these records with a fine tooth comb to find any descrepancies and build a case based on these descrepancies. I just simply show that there is either not enough evidence to support the officers case or that the evidence contradicts itself in some way.

For example, I was cited for speeding and while looking at the calabration logs, I noticed that the officer used the same serial number for his spead measuring device, as well as the calabration tuning forks. In essence he wrote that he calabrated his radar gun with his radar gun... easy as pie. :D

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
When I taught TAO school at Dam Neck, VA I took one of the Chiefs who taught radar theory with me to court. 15 minutes into his 4 hour lecture on doppler radar theory the Judge dismissed my speeding ticket.

I figured taking the Chief to a good lunch and giving him a bottle of his favorite beverage was cheaper than the ticket and insurance increase.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Those are some pretty handy tricks. I kind of want to go out and speed now.

I have always heard that making enough trouble over a simple ticket seemed to be the easiest solution, but a 4 hour lecture would be perfect.

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
Those are some pretty handy tricks. I kind of want to go out and speed now.

I have always heard that making enough trouble over a simple ticket seemed to be the easiest solution, but a 4 hour lecture would be perfect.

would this work if you defended yourself? Being an engineer, I'm fully capable of talking forever about a subject that should take 5 minutes..:D