• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Different platform cultures

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We briefly had a "Word of the Day" in the squadron while on cruise where you had to use it at least once during the brief. I still remember using "ergo".

XO stopped it when it inevitably got overly enthusiastic.
Irregardless . . .

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Irregardless . . .

Surprisingly, actually a word recognized by Webster. But not in the context in which it is normally used. Correct usage is something along the lines of:

MMCO: "Let's talk about configuring the jets for the fly off"
AMO: "I ate a cantaloupe and farted on my dog at 3 am"
MMCO: [rolls eyes] "Irregardless, let's talk about configuring the jets for the fly off"

That is at least my layman's understanding of this complex topic

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yeah could be that. I watched some video short from Webster about it around that time, maybe a bit earlier. I agree, it is ridiculous.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I heard something similar. It’s also why the phrase ‘so to speak’ is tagged on to anything remotely having innuendo.
I always liked the explanation from one of my fellow squadron JOs who was one of our AF exchange folks. He said the crowning achievement of using "so to speak" is when the listener cocks their head and thinks "WTF? That doesn't even . . . wait . . . damn, that's dirty."