• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

brotherrat07

Crowbar- yes they do garantee flight spots....but they're very hard to get through ROTC and like i said, you usually don't find out til around your 1stclassmen year....[your senior year] sometimes junior.

Crowbar

None
They are hard to get? Since when? And starting last fall (2003), our MOI said he could submit aviation requests for freshmen and sophomores if they wanted it. I think the problem is people are content to wait until their last year or so to start working on it (the people I know anyway).
I know I'm not a Midn (and I'll finish college 2.5 yrs) but I took the ASTB and started the paperwork for my request during my first semester of school.

If you want to do PLC, by all means, knock yourself out. Just be aware that flight slots through NROTC are so easy to come by that anybody who is qualified (and some who aren't) can get one...if they ask.

brotherrat07

well if you go to some noname college its easier. for our school, evey single person either wants to be a pilot of recon and you jus cant give every single person a flight spot...yes some people are getting their flight spots early, but its hard to do. plus in ROTC they want [our schools program] us to at least keep a 3.0, and they even suggest changing to an easier major to keep a high GPA. I'm an mechical engineer and our grades arent weighted so im not gonna beat my self up trying to keep a 3.0. you go to the same flight school and get the same rank, whether your from the naval academy, PLC, or ROTC so it doesnt matter

Crowbar

None
VMIavtr007 said:
well if you go to some noname college its easier.

Let's go ahead and get this straight. You need not start your business of calling any place other than VMI a no name college.

VMIavtr007 said:
for our school, evey single person either wants to be a pilot of recon and you jus cant give every single person a flight spot

The number of flight guarantees is controlled by MCRC, not your college. So it doesn't matter how many people at your school want one, they can't say, "Oh, we have 50 people who want pilot or NFO guarantees but we can only give out 10". That ain't up to them. They can make horrible recommendations if they choose, but they can't just artibtrarily decide they're tired of submitting packages.

VMIavtr007 said:
its hard to do
Marines do hard things. It makes us who we are.

VMIavtr007 said:
you go to the same flight school and get the same rank, whether your from the naval academy, PLC, or ROTC so it doesnt matter
I agree, and as such would like to remind you that you need not start your business of calling any place other than VMI a no name college.

Questions? Further comments. PM them to me.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Crowbar may be a strange-ranger, but every now and then he actually makes sense!

:icon_smil

Status
Not open for further replies.