• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
Actually, it was...

reapergm said:
Second, funny thing about Al Gore... didnt he win the popular vote??!?! But I guess thats just a whole other argument...
-Reaper

... that made me crack up. We've had the electoral college for how many years??? But NO... Reaper knows a better way. And you may feel free to flame me as well. Its always make for entertaining reading on days when the weather sucks.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Prince'sPancake said:
And regarding the no slots situation... I asked a buddy of mine who was an OSO on the East Coast for the 184 class about that (yes, I still find it completly absurd that a qualified candidate would be turned down on one coast but not the other.) He confirmed my thinking -- that it is an absolutly rediculous idea. Offices are not given x slots per contract type. It's set nationally. If there were no NFOs from the East Coast, it means there were no qualified packages from the East Coast.

It was my understanding that this was the way it worked. My first app was as an air contract, and I was a non-select. I reapplied ground, because my OSO had no air slots, and was accepted. Yet others around the country were picked up on air contracts. He told me certain offices are allotted a certain number of slots. These boards are nuts, people always contradict what my OSO says. Not that it matters to me anymore, I'm in anyway.

brotherrat07

This is a funny thread cause you all are *****ing and complaining at each other. yes. **** happens, people dont get dont get selected. Maybe the east coast was more competitive this year and it was harded to get spots, ya never know. I go to a frickin military school [on the east coast] and all my friends applied for the marine ROTC scholarship. There was A LOT of frickin qualified people for it, but they only gave it to ONE person for some reason and in my eyes it wasnt the best person. usually a lot more get picked up for scholarships, but the marine corps has been hurtin for money this year. so quit *****in and complainin....yes this is the marine corps and people shouldnt be so damn sensitive, but this is their dreams, what they've wanted. Give them a frickin break, if i wasnt picked up, i wouldnt be in the best mood either. IF THEY WANT IT BAD ENOUGH, THEN DAMN. THEY'RE GONNA BE A MARINE CAUSE MARINES DONT WANT COCKY-A** PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY'RE BETTER THAN EVERYBODY. THEY WANT SOMEONE WHO IS GONNA GO ALL OUT AND GIVE THAT 110%, JUS TO BE A UNITED STATES MARINE.

Matt S

None
Wow towbubba your the raddist Marine ever. So what I sprained my ankle and couldn't run for a couple weeks and it happened to be bad timing. Your the type of Marine I hope I don't turn into, always acting like there's no one that stacks up, just you. I appreciate your remarks though because they make me laugh, pretending that you never had anything phase you. I just posted to let everyone know who I am, what my status in the program is and looked for some tips on what to do in my situation. That is what this forum is for, correct?

towbubba said:
HA HA HA! This thread is pathetic, bunch of pantywaste crybabies "I spwained my por wittle ankle" "Stay motivated recruits" you sound like third phase bootcampers. "Think of the gold bars".... that one made me lose all bearing for about 5 minutes. You guys are hilarious with your little hurt feelings and stories of woe. I am no buddist but maybe there is such a thing as fate. If you really want to get into a fight in the air join the Army and be an Apache pilot. They would love to have you. Oh and please show what you're made of by posting how much of a big dumbhead meanie I am and how I should be kinder and gentler. If you didn't get in look at the bright side your odds of living just went way up. I wonder if your support for Mr. Gore's election has any bearing on your commission since we serve at the pleasure of the president, maybe support the current CinC and come on in for the big win.
S/F

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
jdfairman said:
Dammit Rod... here you go again challenging the duty experts of everything Marine Corps.

Respectfully, It doesn't take "experts of everything Marine Corps" to defend oneself from insults that were uncalled for. I thought Officers were expected to be Gentlemen also.

...And I didn't realize that one only needed to be a J.O. in order to be enough of an authority of all things Marines to insult those who are vying for the title.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jesus guys, hardly the attitude I'd expect when relating to younger people trying to get to where many of us are. Try and think of it this way... a lot of these guys would kill to be in the position some of us have earned. You'd be a little bummed if it didn't go your way sometimes too. This is still the forum to discuss all things OCS I thought. Can we try a little more professional role model behavior vice making fun of people who are striving to achieve what we have? Maybe I'm just getting soft in my 'old' age, but lighten up guys. Sheesh.

/me, a voice of reason? wtf

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
As Charles Barkely once said I am not a roll model. This is great though some of you take everything so seriously. Many of you two or three summers in college left and in my opinion OCC is a better class anyways because you don't have to wait around until every ROTC nazi and ring knocker gets selected to go to TBS. If you practice ORM maybe you wouldn't get injured doing non Marine Corps activities close to a PFT. Tabasco you don't have to worry about becoming the Marine I am, instead try to focus on becoming a Marine. You want a tip? how about these two try enlisting first and apply from within after you finish college, there are many programs like BOOST or MECEP or try the Navy. At the end of the day I am glad I made you laugh that's what I intended to do. Until you whine again...Bring it on.

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
squeeze said:
Jesus guys, hardly the attitude I'd expect when relating to younger people trying to get to where many of us are. Try and think of it this way... a lot of these guys would kill to be in the position some of us have earned. You'd be a little bummed if it didn't go your way sometimes too. This is still the forum to discuss all things OCS I thought. Can we try a little more professional role model behavior vice making fun of people who are striving to achieve what we have? Maybe I'm just getting soft in my 'old' age, but lighten up guys. Sheesh.

/me, a voice of reason? wtf

Yeah I am guilty of having a little fun with em. I guess I just don't see what the problem is getting in because I am already here. But let me have a little fun will ya I won't be around forever you know. :icon_wink

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
I know this is a little off topic but I wanted to post in an active forum to make sure I got some responses. Has anyone heard of an OSO telling someone that they have to go and enlist before they can go to OCS? I know there is a program where you do that and you are a reservist for a year then you go to OCS but I dont really know the details or anything about it. Reason I ask is a friend of a friend said that he didnt even know you could go straight to OCS and that you have to go to Parris Island or San Diego first? :eek: Is there something that I am not getting here? I have heard of enlisted recruiters doing something like this but an OSO telling someone to go enlist? I think this kid has a pretty good application together so its not like he isnt qualified. Whats the deal people? Any thougths on what is going on here?

reapergm

So what?!?! Someone gets denied, he should say F-it and forget the whole thing? Even if the person made mistakes, but busts their @ss? Im sorry, I forgot some of the ego's built when some of you guys got in. Some of you may be perfect people, but I highly doubt it. Im sure there are some damn good officers in the fleet who got rejected from OCS once or twice. I know an 18 pilot who partied his @ss off in school, busted his ass to be a Marine pilot and is kickin @ss in the fleet. I know a blue angel pilot who was rejected from Navy OCS 3 times. My point: What the F do you care?! Your going to come onto an internet site and bash some kid for trying. Am I going to flame you back. Nah, I dont care enough. You going to flame me? Take your shot. I have thick skin. I already heard $hitbirds make it through the cracks in OCS. I guess there are some on this site as well.

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
OK... all I did was make a snide comment about how the electoral college works and how you should know that. Suddenly I have a big "ego" and am no longer a "gentleman".

reapergm said:
I already heard $hitbirds make it through the cracks in OCS. I guess there are some on this site as well.

Yeah... and some never make it past the selection process. Good luck recuperating. I'd lay off the PT for another couple weeks to make damn sure you don't reinjure yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.