• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt S

None
I put in for the board that just met in April and didn't get selected for OCS this summer, at least 1st increment. My application was pushed back to the last board on May 18th and if I get selected there I will go to 2nd increment. I'm really depressed I was planning on shipping out in less then a month. The reason I didn't get selected was because of my run time, my OSO said it came down to run times and 23 minutes wasn't quick enough. I know I was getting quicker, but I sprained my ankle really bad playing basketball a week ago so I don't even know if I'll be able to get my OSO a better run time by the 18th. I might not get to go until next summer the way things are looking, but I still have two summers after this one so I can do the six week sessions still. Anyone ever had this happen to them?

SLU_fly_girl

USMC PLC Srs 2004
I haven't experiened this, but definitely STAY MOTIVATED!!! :icon_mi_1 See, it pays to apply EARLY! At least you will still be eligible for two 6 week sessions! (if you can't go this summer)

Jorgy

Reapply ASAP.
If you really want to go to OCS, then let your OSO know. I was denied my first time, and my poor PFT score didn't help. Get that PFT up, and the marines will acknowledge you want to be there- it's an important trait.

Matt S

None
I'm trying to nurse my ankle back to life so I can get out and run again. Perfect timing for a sprained ankle huh? I'll be there one way or another though, either late this summer or next summer for sure.

reapergm

Yeah, I got rejected from 184. No slots. Hey.. I know I have to keep at it to become an officer. I have to have faith that I will get the chance eventually. The wait sucks, but think of the gold bars.... Keep trying. Dont give up.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Nevermind the hits you're making, Prince's Pancake. I don't get into thread arguing, but this one I couldn't pass up. This site is not here to tear others down. If you know anything about Reaper, you'll know he's tried and is still trying everything he has control over to get into OCS. He has the true heart and desire the Marine Corps needs. Who are you to come in and say something as absord as that. Sorry, but that stuff is uncalled for.

lucky1899

keep fighting guys

keep fighting guys, eventually you'll get in. My OSO didn't get accepted till his third try. Of course, if you do give up it's one less person competing with me for a slot. Kidding!

livefast

Tabasco,
I actually had almost the same thing happen. I fractured my left-leg tibia and couldn't run for almost 2 months. I was planning on attending the first increment, missed the deadline, then planning on the second increment and my OSO said "realistically" I should just wait till next year. It hit me hard as well man. The way I look at it now though, I'll have an entire year to get my PFT to shine. Stay motivated

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Guys don't ever give up. This Candidate in my office didn't get picked up until his 7th Application!!! He applied 7 damned times before he got in! He will become something of a legend I imagine, but he's the nicest guy.

There's hope for most everyone!

reapergm

Prince'sPancake said:
Reaper-- I think Al Gore wanted to be pres... guess there just wern't enough slots for him?

Hey prince... kiss my @$$!!! First off... noone on the east coast got an NFO slot. Ask around about that... Only west coaster people got NFO. I will get in!! Just a matter of when. You dont know me, or jack about what Ive been doing to get in. Second, funny thing about Al Gore... didnt he win the popular vote??!?! But I guess thats just a whole other argument....

EA-6b1 - Thanks man!!!

-Reaper

Matt S

None
livefast, that's exactly what I have in mind right now. I think I'm going to skip this summer and take a bunch of summer school so I can graduate in the spring rather than the fall of 06. This way I will only have one summer left and I can go to the 10 week class. Like you said I will then have a year to get my PFT to "shine". Plus I would rather just get it all over with in one trip. Thanks for all the encouragement you guys/gals I look forward to serving with you all.

Semper Fi
Matt

CandKyMarine

Why is it that you all think the Marines are akin to Notre Dame football and you can all be Rudy's? -- Just keep knocking on the coach's door enough and eventually he'll let you in so you stop bugging him. Ever thought that maybe it's the QUALITY not QUANTITY of applications you submit?
And regarding the no slots situation... I asked a buddy of mine who was an OSO on the East Coast for the 184 class about that (yes, I still find it completly absurd that a qualified candidate would be turned down on one coast but not the other.) He confirmed my thinking -- that it is an absolutly rediculous idea. Offices are not given x slots per contract type. It's set nationally. If there were no NFOs from the East Coast, it means there were no qualified packages from the East Coast. The Marines are not your Jr High basketball team -- everyone who comes out for the team won't make it. And wanting just doesn't cut it either. I want to pitch for the Yankees. Maybe I should start knocking of Torre's door...

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
HA HA HA! This thread is pathetic, bunch of pantywaste crybabies "I spwained my por wittle ankle" "Stay motivated recruits" you sound like third phase bootcampers. "Think of the gold bars".... that one made me lose all bearing for about 5 minutes. You guys are hilarious with your little hurt feelings and stories of woe. I am no buddist but maybe there is such a thing as fate. If you really want to get into a fight in the air join the Army and be an Apache pilot. They would love to have you. Oh and please show what you're made of by posting how much of a big dumbhead meanie I am and how I should be kinder and gentler. If you didn't get in look at the bright side your odds of living just went way up. I wonder if your support for Mr. Gore's election has any bearing on your commission since we serve at the pleasure of the president, maybe support the current CinC and come on in for the big win.
S/F

Status
Not open for further replies.