• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

brotherrat07

injuries

jdfairman- not necessarly. if you stop training your body gets weak and muscle tissue breaks down, then you have to build from the base back up. If you get a proper brace, ice whirlpool twice a day [ice if you dont have a whirlpool], do some ultra sound, take some naproxen then you should be good to go. jus dont do any seriously heavy workouts. i know this cause i run div. 1 track. and btw, you didnt say it in a "common sense" way, you said it in a "hey, look at me, im a j@ck@$$" way.

JDawg2332

Getting some since 1775
slasher said:
These boards are nuts, people always contradict what my OSO says. Not that it matters to me anymore, I'm in anyway.

congrats on getting in. I wanted to go air but ended up ground but like you said it doesn't matter cause we're going to OCS to see if we have the Mettle to lead Marines.

if your OSO says X and the board of candidates says Y who are you going to believe??? the pro. or the "know it alls"

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
VMIavtr007 said:
jus dont do any seriously heavy workouts.

Just don't do any seriously heavy workouts. In other words, lay off PT for a couple more weeks. Guess I should have specifically said "lighten up PT" instead of "lay off PT". My bad. I'll be more clear in the future.

And yeah... you're right. Looking at my responses to the posts here... I definitely look like a jackass right now. My apologies. Semper Fi. Good luck at VMI and OCS.

Why is it so many of you VMI guys go through regular OCS or PLC? I'm pretty sure they have Marine Option there don't they? Just curious. Maybe its just a coincidence that most of the VMI grads I know all did the regular course rather than the bulldog course.

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
Nevermind that last question. Guess it helps if you read the prior posts concerning how competitive scholarships are.

brotherrat07

for one thing :) guys and girls, im one of the 5% of females @ vmi. I was really suprised by the turnout of PLC option at VMI. It really shocked me. When i signed my contract i was thinking about 10 or so where PLC, but really it seems like theres 40...which is a pretty good number of marines [since most of this school is army]. The scholarships were really competitive for Marines this year. Only 1 person got a 3 yr scholarship out of the 20 or so that applied...which is pretty rare. Now my OSO, is busy outta the wazoo contracting people through PLC. people care more bout making sure they contract through the marines than getting scholarship money....although the money is real nice :) A lot do PLC because of the garenteed flight spot...thats the reason I did it. I didnt care bout the scholarship money, I just wanted to make sure I could fly w/ the marines. ROTC doesnt garantee a flight spot. you could be biting your nails up until ur 1st classmen year waiting to hear if you can fly. i hope that anwsers ur question.

Matt S

None
Hey all, good news!!! I was accepted for 2nd increment this summer. It's probably better this way because my ankle is healthy and I have over a month to train like a mad man! Can't wait to see you all there!!!!!

Crowbar

None
VMIavtr007 said:
ROTC doesnt garantee a flight spot. you could be biting your nails up until ur 1st classmen year waiting to hear if you can fly.

Are you trying to say Marine Option NROTC won't guarantee a flight spot? Because they will.

tabasco said:
I have over a month to train like a mad man!

Just make sure you take it easy for a week or two before you leave. Overtraining is (in my opinion) just as bad as not training at all.

Cavt-
You do not, I say again, do not, have to enlist before going to OCS. How do you really know how good this "friend of a friend"'s application is? Maybe that's the reason the OSO recommended enlistment.

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
reapergm said:
I already heard $hitbirds make it through the cracks in OCS. I guess there are some on this site as well.
Those "****birds" are Marine Corps officers that are and always will be senior to you. They may even write your fitrep someday. Have a fine Marine Corps day. :icon_wink

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
tabasco said:
Hey all, good news!!! I was accepted for 2nd increment this summer. It's probably better this way because my ankle is healthy and I have over a month to train like a mad man! Can't wait to see you all there!!!!!
Congratulations on getting selected and I wouldn't worry much I hear juniors is a cakewalk. Just watch the roots on those trails and don't try to set any records on the O course, probably not your deal anyway. They won't drop you from juniors I don't think. Anyways enjoy the ticks, you've earned them.

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
Crowbar said:
Are you trying to say Marine Option NROTC won't guarantee a flight spot? Because they will.

Just make sure you take it easy for a week or two before you leave. Overtraining is (in my opinion) just as bad as not training at all.

Cavt-
You do not, I say again, do not, have to enlist before going to OCS. How do you really know how good this "friend of a friend"'s application is? Maybe that's the reason the OSO recommended enlistment.

That pic with the fun meter is hilarious.

JDawg2332

Getting some since 1775
towbubba said:
don't try to set any records on the O course,.
why? i thought you were supposed to do your best. I think if you can set a record you should go for it. but that is my $.02 and i havn't gone

Crowbar

None
Yeah, do your best, but temper that with knowing that being a show off can result in (re)injuring yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.