• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

Gunfyter

Just go my Pro Rec SNA and NFO yesterday. Pretty ecstatic. Though i'm waiting on the results for the INTEL board as well before I decide which one to take since I applied for INTEL as my first choice

stats:
Civilian, no prior service
Alma Matter: University of California, San Diego
Major: Political Science - Public Law
GPA: 3.72
Letters of rec from 3 professors at my university
Languages: Vietnamese and Japanese
ASTB: 5/5/5 47

Yesterday? Was that for the December board or was another SNA board held in January?

Gunfyter

Just go my Pro Rec SNA and NFO yesterday. Pretty ecstatic. Though i'm waiting on the results for the INTEL board as well before I decide which one to take since I applied for INTEL as my first choice

stats:
Civilian, no prior service
Alma Matter: University of California, San Diego
Major: Political Science - Public Law
GPA: 3.72
Letters of rec from 3 professors at my university
Languages: Vietnamese and Japanese
ASTB: 5/5/5 47

Yesterday? Was that for the December board or was another SNA board held in January?
the December board
Thanks... Thought I'd ask since my son hasn't heard anything and at this point I assumed his package did not make it in time for the December board.

Areum

Thanks... Thought I'd ask since my son hasn't heard anything and at this point I assumed his package did not make it in time for the December board.

when did he submit his package? the cutoff for the the december board was nov 1 i think.

exNavyOffRec

"The Pentagon is expected to get a $2 billion increase over fiscal 2013, while other agencies will see a $22 billion increase."

Here's to hoping some of that $2 billion goes to hiring us, dudes.

The numbers are based on manning needs, with shutdowns and all I have NEVER seen a disruption due to money as far as sending people to off to OCS or bootcamp, it was only a disruption due to the civilians being furloughed.

More money doesn't mean more billets

Joshua Baker

Just found this site today, and tried piecing together some info from all the different threads. I feel like I am stuck in purgatory, and I am hoping someone out there can help me see the light at the end of the tunnel. I submitted my package in August, and received an email in mid Oct. that I was "professionally recommended" for SWO. IP was my first choice, and SWO was my second. I know that IP just had a board on December 2nd, and so far I have heard nothing. However, I also have not heard any more news from SWO either! So I'm just sitting here, twiddling my fingers wondering what the heck is going on?! Every time my CCC calls the OCS office, no one picks up, so I have no knew info.

exNavyOffRec

Just found this site today, and tried piecing together some info from all the different threads. I feel like I am stuck in purgatory, and I am hoping someone out there can help me see the light at the end of the tunnel. I submitted my package in August, and received an email in mid Oct. that I was "professionally recommended" for SWO. IP was my first choice, and SWO was my second. I know that IP just had a board on December 2nd, and so far I have heard nothing. However, I also have not heard any more news from SWO either! So I'm just sitting here, twiddling my fingers wondering what the heck is going on?! Every time my CCC calls the OCS office, no one picks up, so I have no knew info.

Welcome to the site and congrats on being pro y for SWO.

IP did not have a board Dec 2nd, it was cancelled/postponed until Feb 10th at this point, IDC only reviewed IW application in December.

Crewguy02

MT1/SS
Make sure they are calling the right number. i have yet to call and not had someone pick up. Its the OCS Questions number. And you can also email them. but in the Pro-rec letter it does say to not call and bug them. No news is good news is what they say. Ive seen it average about 4-6 months for the FS letters for SWO. Im also waiting but they've hit me up twice asking for Medical documents...Not the sort of attention i was wanting.

JamesL37

Make sure they are calling the right number. i have yet to call and not had someone pick up. Its the OCS Questions number. And you can also email them. but in the Pro-rec letter it does say to not call and bug them. No news is good news is what they say. Ive seen it average about 4-6 months for the FS letters for SWO. Im also waiting but they've hit me up twice asking for Medical documents...Not the sort of attention i was wanting.

I didn't get a ProRec "letter"; just a call from my OR. Is it because I'm not active duty?