• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

halfbreed83

My OR told me they raised the competitive GPA to 3.4... This might not effect everyones package going in but it sure will help if your GPA is high

mich313

Supply/SWO/Intel
I'm not surprised. Does anybody know what the worksheet looks like that they use to combine GPAs? I was told because I have an undergrad (3.24) and a graduate (4.0) gpa, they would use some sort of GPA sheet to combine them into 1 GPA for the Boards to look at. I would like to think maybe I would get pulled into the 3.35-3.4 range!

Edit: Nevermind found it. My combined GPA is a 3.39 lol so close! Maybe they'll round (ha)

Last edited:

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
Looks like the Pilot/NFO/SWO board is now a rolling board according to this 26 Sept 2013 updated schedule.

Attachments

• FY14 BOARDSKED By Community - Encl 4 - Rev 1.pdf
    159.7 KB · Views: 127

mich313

Supply/SWO/Intel
Hmm...these board schedules all confuse me. Is a rolling board a good thing for applicants?

PS Congrats on your SNA & SNFO pre-recs! Awesome stuff :)

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My OR told me they raised the competitive GPA to 3.4... This might not effect everyones package going in but it sure will help if your GPA is high
I do not believe your OR. I would like to see that from a more official source than one "My OR told me... ".The Navy needs good commonsensical stick monkeys & ship drivers... astro-physic engineers & 4.0 bookworms, not quite so much!:rolleyes:

I'm not surprised. Does anybody know what the worksheet looks like that they use to combine GPAs? I was told because I have an undergrad (3.24) and a graduate (4.0) gpa, they would use some sort of GPA sheet to combine them into 1 GPA for the Boards to look at. I would like to think maybe I would get pulled into the 3.35-3.4 range!
Edit: Nevermind found it. My combined GPA is a 3.39 lol so close! Maybe they'll round (ha)
mich313, no need to stress out over this rumor, anything above 3.0 should be relatively competitive. Your GPA, 3.24 or 3.4 will be fine.:)
BzB

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
Hmm...these board schedules all confuse me. Is a rolling board a good thing for applicants?

PS Congrats on your SNA & SNFO pre-recs! Awesome stuff :)
A rolling board is a gift and a curse. On one hand boards convenes whenever enough applications are received. But on the other hand you don't know when the board IS going to convene, so it's hard to know when to expect results.

Thank you very much.

CTFly1

For enlisted members does a Letter of Qualification from a college that shows you have completed all degree requirements and what your date of degree conferral will be, combined with a transcript which reflects credits and GPA suffice? Or is it hard and fast that they require a transcript with the conferral date and degree on it?

mich313

Supply/SWO/Intel
For enlisted members does a Letter of Qualification from a college that shows you have completed all degree requirements and what your date of degree conferral will be, combined with a transcript which reflects credits and GPA suffice? Or is it hard and fast that they require a transcript with the conferral date and degree on it?

I'm not prior enlisted, but a JonSmith89 in the "Jan 04 OCS Class" thread said that he was graduating in December and already received his FS letter. You may shoot him a message about what he submitted prior to graduation.