• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

ironhead79ltc

Yeah. It's pretty nerve raking. I called today and they have at least received my information and said it takes a couple days to process it. So I'm hoping that puts me back into the no news is good news category. My question is do they tell you if you are PQ'd before you get your FS letter.
I thought that we were not supposed to call, I keep wanting to but have not pulled the trigger yet...

Crewguy02

MT1/SS
I only called to make sure they received my paperwork and asked about my age waiver in regards to classing up in time. My age waiver expires on 03 June so I'm supposed to be commissioned by then but if I class up late that wouldn't happen. The processor said if it's a hold up on their end such as I didn't get a seat because they were full I would still be OK as far as my waiver expiring.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah. It's pretty nerve raking. I called today and they have at least received my information and said it takes a couple days to process it. So I'm hoping that puts me back into the no news is good news category. My question is do they tell you if you are PQ'd before you get your FS letter.

you have to be PQ to get the FS letter.

NavySquid26

PRO-REC Y Supply June 2013
you think they could give us guys waiting for FS for SWO a hint, its stressful having to plan out the near future without that info.
Haha yea I sympathize with you...I've given tentative notice at work based on the date I have been told is on my FS that I haven't received yet...FEB 2nd comes quick when you have to drive from Nevada...

DIVO

Nothing yet... They've been quiet... Too quiet... My OR says the FINDOCs were included in my application so I guess no news is good news? All I want is to just know my OCS date so I can plan out my next few several months. :confused:

Edit: Called my OR just now, and he says I'm still ProRec-Y and nothing else...

P.S. I read on this forum that OCS dates are generated before the FS letter comes out. Can someone with an access to the system take a sneak peak for me? I really just want to know the date... I'm supposed to be the best man for a wedding in couple months, and I can't even tell my bro whether I can make it or not. :(

Your recruiter can call the PM and tell them that... It will also depend on what date you put on your application. If you put January 2014 for date available, then they can assign that. My experience is that they are willing to work with folks if they know about upcoming conflicts. It doesn't hurt to have someone call before they release the letter so they can change if needed

DIVO

If one does get an FS letter for IW or Intel, how soon after are you expected to report to OCS? Are we talking weeks or months or what?

Rumor at my command was I was ProRec'd for IW, but haven't seen anything yet because the CO is waiting on news of the Intel board...

For the IDC community the new requirement is to have an SSO interview and have a favorable result. If this hasn't been submitted, then it will hold up the release of your select letter. Unfortunately, NRC did not inform the SSO's of this requirement. Nor did some commands/recruiters know either... I would ask if you need this... Unless of course you already did one. But this was not part of the kit, just a requirement for the select letter

JamesL37

Your recruiter can call the PM and tell them that... It will also depend on what date you put on your application. If you put January 2014 for date available, then they can assign that. My experience is that they are willing to work with folks if they know about upcoming conflicts. It doesn't hurt to have someone call before they release the letter so they can change if needed

I actually don't recall putting down my availability. I just told my OR that I wanted to go as soon as possible. Would that have been on the APSR? Although I would love to be able to make my friend's wedding, I wouldn't want to delay my OCS date either, and I'm afraid that they might push my date back if I told them.

exNavyOffRec

I actually don't recall putting down my availability. I just told my OR that I wanted to go as soon as possible. Would that have been on the APSR? Although I would love to be able to make my friend's wedding, I wouldn't want to delay my OCS date either, and I'm afraid that they might push my date back if I told them.

Yes that would be on the APSR, if you said ASAP he probably put down the date it was submitted.

exNavyOffRec

If it is pretty crappy reason, like "want to go to spring break" probably won't fly, I have seen the PM's on a few occasions say "the date is the date, don't like it decline" but those were crappy reasons.

DIVO

If your priority is to go to OCS as soon as possible, then don't say anything and get a refundable plane ticket to your friends wedding. Part of serving is missing out on some things to be a part of something bigger. Video tape your speech and a toast and have them play it at the wedding if you end up missing it. It's best to go to OCS as soon as possible as there is a bit of a wait for aviators for their school. I'm sure by the time you get your wings, you'll be tired of waiting....

DIVO

Received an email from CNRC requesting status of my Chinese passport and that I need to send a renunciation of Chinese citizenship letter to the Embassy. The email also states that I am physically qualified for SWO. Hopefully once I get these stuff straighten out, I can get a date.
Make sure you turn in a copy of that letter and send it certified mail also keep a copy of your post office receipt and certified mail proof. Some NRC processors are more strict than others. They won't expect you to turn in any letters from the embassy...

tan

Make sure you turn in a copy of that letter and send it certified mail also keep a copy of your post office receipt and certified mail proof. Some NRC processors are more strict than others. They won't expect you to turn in any letters from the embassy...
Thanks for looking out DIVO, you are right on! Submitted my documents just like the way you described. The processor acknowledged receipt and told me that everything was sent to the PM, a class date and FS letter will be sent to my CO.

tan

I did get a letter stating that I am PQ'd while they provided other guidance for me to follow as I stated in my other post.

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
For the IDC community the new requirement is to have an SSO interview and have a favorable result. If this hasn't been submitted, then it will hold up the release of your select letter. Unfortunately, NRC did not inform the SSO's of this requirement. Nor did some commands/recruiters know either... I would ask if you need this... Unless of course you already did one. But this was not part of the kit, just a requirement for the select letter

Is this true for both civilians and AD people? My whole recruitment office was under the impression that only reserve intel guys/gals had to do the SSO interviews...