• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

Areum

Hey guys, new member here. I submitted my stuff in October and it was cleared by the processor at the very beginning of November. My designators were Intel, Supply, SWO, and SNA. my question is, if I ranked Intel as my first choice, am I going to have to wait for the intel board to convene whenever it does before my application is seen by the other boards? Seeing the news that the Intel board was postponed until late january was a real bummer. I just want to know if my kit has been seen at all since Dec 2 by any other board and maybe I can get in on another designator sooner.

Stats

22 Non Prior Male
5/5/5 47 (Crappy I know)
3.72 GPA University of California, San Diego
Major Political Science - Public Law
3 letters of rec from 3 of my professors
Fluent Vietnamese and Japanese

RescueSwimmer19USN

Active Duty Navy SAR Crewman
NavyOffRec,

Those of us active duty guys who were pro recd at the most recent aviation board, when can we expect class dates? I am active duty and trying to best plan ahead with family issues, I was pro recd SNA. What is your experience/observations lately? Thanks

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

Those of us active duty guys who were pro recd at the most recent aviation board, when can we expect class dates? I am active duty and trying to best plan ahead with family issues, I was pro recd SNA. What is your experience/observations lately? Thanks

There are just too many variables when it comes to AD, your best bet is to look and see when other AD get dates that are the same designator as you.

exNavyOffRec

Hey guys, new member here. I submitted my stuff in October and it was cleared by the processor at the very beginning of November. My designators were Intel, Supply, SWO, and SNA. my question is, if I ranked Intel as my first choice, am I going to have to wait for the intel board to convene whenever it does before my application is seen by the other boards? Seeing the news that the Intel board was postponed until late january was a real bummer. I just want to know if my kit has been seen at all since Dec 2 by any other board and maybe I can get in on another designator sooner.

Stats

22 Non Prior Male
5/5/5 47 (Crappy I know)
3.72 GPA University of California, San Diego
Major Political Science - Public Law
3 letters of rec from 3 of my professors
Fluent Vietnamese and Japanese

you will be seen by boards as they come up, but you won't have a FS letter processed until after you have been seen by any boards that are higher choice than ones you were already selected for.

I would contact your OR as the SWO and SNA results are out.

RescueSwimmer19USN

Active Duty Navy SAR Crewman
There are just too many variables when it comes to AD, your best bet is to look and see when other AD get dates that are the same designator as you.

What are the average amounts of time between pro Y's and class dates? What are the quickest you have seen? Thanks again

halfbreed83

Great news to everyone that got it! Did your recruiters have any ideas for a time range that you guys might be looking at for OCS dates?

Really hoping that the selection rates will be this high for the next go around...
From what my OR told me they are needing more Pilot and NFO's as of now.

exNavyOffRec

From what my OR told me they are needing more Pilot and NFO's as of now.

The number for OCS this year are pretty much in line with the previous years, so what "need" means is either they have been having more lost at OCS, they are getting more declines, or people are getting NPQ'd after pro Y (getting medical done prior should stop this part).

Areum

you will be seen by boards as they come up, but you won't have a FS letter processed until after you have been seen by any boards that are higher choice than ones you were already selected for.

I would contact your OR as the SWO and SNA results are out.

Thank you so much! That really puts my mind at ease.

halfbreed83

The number for OCS this year are pretty much in line with the previous years, so what "need" means is either they have been having more lost at OCS, they are getting more declines, or people are getting NPQ'd after pro Y (getting medical done prior should stop this part).
Do you have they board dates link? I seen it posted before but cant find it... Also can I get a waiver if I'm a few months past my max age of 31 for NFO as prior AD?