• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

Kristoffer Abonal

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae!"
I heard from my OR that rumors were now confirmed that the SWO board will only see the kits of applicants whose first choice is SWO. Mine was second, first being Intel-O, and the boards didn't even consider it. So if your heart is set on SWO, put SWO as your primary choice. Still waiting on the Intel-O and Supply results.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Any word on if they are waiting 60 days for another SNA/SNFO board or are they rolling in January? Not sure what the holiday downtime is like for the board...

Kees

SNA Select
After missing out on the last two boards due to unforseen paperwork issues, I finally received a small bit of good news today--my SNA/SNFO kit is complete and has been submitted for the next rolling board.

Assuming all goes well with my investigation interview this week, I will be spending my "wait-time" trying to improve my kit and to get in shape! Cheers!

Last edited:

Kees

SNA Select
Any word on if they are waiting 60 days for another SNA/SNFO board or are they rolling in January? Not sure what the holiday downtime is like for the board...

I just got off the phone with my recruiter and he informed me that his office is breaking for the better part of the next two weeks, which will carry them up to the beginning of the new year--I'm sure schedules differ between recruiting offices. After that, I assume it will be several weeks before enough kits are submitted to convene.

If I were to make an educated guess, I would say expect another SNA/SNFO board around February or March (although I am hoping for a slightly sooner January/February board).

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
If I were to make an educated guess, I would say expect another SNA/SNFO board around February or March (although I am hoping for a slightly sooner January/February board).

All that sounds about right - I cannot imagine them having enough kits on file to hold a January 2014 board after just clearing the buffer by holding one in early December 2013. While they can theoretically wait the four months from 02Dec13 I also would guess that won't happen either.

Question to those with the knowledge: is your security application processed (ie starting the background check process, etc) while your kit is at board or do they only spend the time/ money/ effort on you after you get a Pro-Y? I would assume the latter, but if NRC has a habit of doing the former it might help those of us waiting for the next board to get another box checked in order to class up after the eventual next board is held.

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
This year there was one in early May and then one in mid July -- so hopefully we will get one mid Feb

Wow, I had no idea about that - three boards a year (in 2013 anyway) makes me even more confident about a March or even April convene date. Oh well, good luck to everyone in the interim.

exNavyOffRec

All that sounds about right - I cannot imagine them having enough kits on file to hold a January 2014 board after just clearing the buffer by holding one in early December 2013. While they can theoretically wait the four months from 02Dec13 I also would guess that won't happen either.

Question to those with the knowledge: is your security application processed (ie starting the background check process, etc) while your kit is at board or do they only spend the time/ money/ effort on you after you get a Pro-Y? I would assume the latter, but if NRC has a habit of doing the former it might help those of us waiting for the next board to get another box checked in order to class up after the eventual next board is held.

It is actually when the finally signature pages are submitted, so if your NRD does it before it is submitted then it is done then, if they wait until after the pro Y then it is done then.

Kees

SNA Select

The security clearance application is worked when the document is received and they get to it, whether you've been selected or not. My kit hasn't even been to a board, but I have my investigation interview this week--Pro-Y does not matter in my case.

J_DOT974

I heard from my OR that rumors were now confirmed that the SWO board will only see the kits of applicants whose first choice is SWO. Mine was second, first being Intel-O, and the boards didn't even consider it. So if your heart is set on SWO, put SWO as your primary choice. Still waiting on the Intel-O and Supply results.

That is unfortunate. I am hoping that the same thing does not apply to the IDC board that was held on December 2nd that only looked at IW packets and pushed INTEL to 2014 since I had INTEL has my number one and IW as my number two.

Spookcumber

That is unfortunate. I am hoping that the same thing does not apply to the IDC board that was held on December 2nd that only looked at IW packets and pushed INTEL to 2014 since I had INTEL has my number one and IW as my number two.

Yeah, I agree. But, I feel like if it was really like that though then there wouldn't be a point in even having second and third choices.