• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

MoisesM

BeachBound
Well, I have the recruiters and processors trying to find out on the Intel board because no one has heard anything different.

Last year it got canceled and now this I'm getting older here....so at 34 do they have any other jobs I can commission because the website says one thing and recruiters another?

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Is there a flux in the need for pilots right now? Im not trying to sound like an ass but if the board is taking 5's and 6's and sub 50 OAR's for December to fill their pilot/NFO billets does that mean people with 7's and 8's are going to have a much harder time now on this next board (January or whenever it convenes) since they've filled most of the 2014 positions for pilot/NFO? Basically does it hurt those who didn't make the December submission?

Last edited:

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is there a flux in the need for pilots right now? Im not trying to sound like an ass but if the board is taking 5's and 6's and sub 50 OAR's for December to fill their pilot/NFO billets does that mean people with 7's and 8's are going to have a much harder time now on this next board (January or whenever it convenes) since they've filled most of the 2014 positions for pilot/NFO? Basically does it hurt those who didn't make the December submission?
There is a continuous "flux in the need for pilots", so you're frustrating yourself by worrying and projecting what a given board will do. If you've already submitted your package (your profile info is VERY info poor), don't sweat it. If you haven't... go back over it and see if there is anything you have missed, or can improve on before submission. Seeing that a previous applicant was ProRec'd Y, with much lower numbers than yours... should be a confidence builder, vice a source of hand-wringing.:eek:

Your numbers are fine, relax and enjoy the ride!;)
BzB:cool:

exNavyOffRec

Well, I have the recruiters and processors trying to find out on the Intel board because no one has heard anything different.

Last year it got canceled and now this I'm getting older here....so at 34 do they have any other jobs I can commission because the website says one thing and recruiters another?

Given your age IDC is it. The age limit is now 42 for IDC, what have you been told?

ironhead79ltc

Question for everyone, I was Pro-Rec Y for SWO and I looked at my medical paperwork which was submitted with my package, and was dated August and because of the 90 day rule by the time it finally made it to the board was over 90 days. I submitted like a day after the previous board so it had been sitting and was within the window then. Anyone know if they will make me redo and submit another prior to getting my FS?

TA910

"Spoon"
pilot
wow, not too diminish your selection but you have one of the lowest GPA/ASTB combinations I have seen selected, whatever you said in your motivational statement must have been something amazing!

Whole person concept. Not every great leader test well. I've been in leadership my whole life. Team captain in high school, college, and professionally. Psychology background means I have the ability to understand people and groups. What leaders should possess. I interviewed with the skipper and he felt the same way. That and having grace on my side.

exNavyOffRec

Whole person concept. Not every great leader test well. I've been in leadership my whole life. Team captain in high school, college, and professionally. Psychology background means I have the ability to understand people and groups. What leaders should possess. I interviewed with the skipper and he felt the same way. That and having grace on my side.

I am guessing the high selection rate helped also, didn't see that until after my post.

I know a few guys I wish I could tell to reapply because their scores and GPA were like yours and had great extracurricular activities.

The_Pants

Question for everyone, I was Pro-Rec Y for SWO and I looked at my medical paperwork which was submitted with my package, and was dated August and because of the 90 day rule by the time it finally made it to the board was over 90 days. I submitted like a day after the previous board so it had been sitting and was within the window then. Anyone know if they will make me redo and submit another prior to getting my FS?
Good question! I have the same one as well, but for SNA/NFO. Once I go through MEPS and get my PQ letter, is it only good for 90 days?

exNavyOffRec

Good question! I have the same one as well, but for SNA/NFO. Once I go through MEPS and get my PQ letter, is it only good for 90 days?

A MEPS physical is good for 2 years, a PQ letter from N3M is good for that same time, there has been some confusion in the past as to whether N3M was good from 2 years the letter was issued or 2 years from MEPS physical, eventually we were told it was 2 years from MEPS physical.

JamesL37

I just asked my OR to pull my application from Supply because I am ProRec-Y for SWO already. Can't help but be paranoid that someone somewhere would make a mistake a pull me from SWO instead... All this wait for FS is driving my crazy!

USNavyIntel

IS1 (SW/AW)
Still sour about the INTEL board being moved. Got all excited waiting for results only to hear we have to wait another two months.