• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

theghettodefendant

None
Well I got a call from my recruiter. It looks like I wasn't seen by the December board either. My physical wasn't cleared before the November deadline. Hopefully there will be a good selection rate for the next board that meets. I feel pretty confident that I would have been selected if I had been seen by the December board. Congratulations to everyone who was selected! I'll be in Rhode Island sooner or later!
With your stats you look like a definite pick up good luck on the next board!

AmericanJoe

Great news to everyone that got it! Did your recruiters have any ideas for a time range that you guys might be looking at for OCS dates?

Really hoping that the selection rates will be this high for the next go around...

jdaws402

Great news to everyone that got it! Did your recruiters have any ideas for a time range that you guys might be looking at for OCS dates?

Really hoping that the selection rates will be this high for the next go around...

stay confident and keep at it man, you'll get it. Mine didn't give me a time range for OCS. I won't be finding that out until FS comes in...which my recruiter says could be anywhere from 1 week to 3 months! Assuming that the FS doesn't come next week it wouldn't be for at least another month due to the holidays. Anyone else receive more/similar info about this from their recruiters?

mitrokhin

Current occupation: Calculus Teaching Assistant/Lifeguard

Education: BS Mathematics with minor in Russian
The University of Texas at Austin
GPA: 3.5
Interest: Intel / NFO

ASTB/OAR: 63 6/6/6

I applied in time for the December boards and heard back with a prorec for NFO yesterday afternoon. I guess according to the recent gouge on the intel side of things, we'll be waiting until maybe mid February if they decide to meet in late January.

mich313

Supply/SWO/Intel
My recruiter also told me there were 81/88 pilots selected and 101/108 NFOs selected

Yes my recruiter told me SNA and NFO had a 97% selection rate, while SWO had only a 13% selection rate. As I had SWO as my second choice, I'm wondering with such a small amount selected, if that may have been a contributing factor for my non-select.

Ah well. Supply is my first choice, and that board will meet in January. And the waiting game continues...

Congratulations to all the Pro-Ys out there! To the non-selects, don't give up!!!!

Am I the only person that is still left in the dark?

My recruiter still has no word on my status... Is there a list of names out there somewhere?

I'm dying over here...

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

25yr old
Pro Rec Y SNA/NFO
Non prior
ASTB 5/6/5 46
BA in Psychology
2.9 gpa
2 Flight hrs

wow, not too diminish your selection but you have one of the lowest GPA/ASTB combinations I have seen selected, whatever you said in your motivational statement must have been something amazing!

exNavyOffRec

As I had SWO as my second choice, I'm wondering with such a small amount selected, if that may have been a contributing factor for my non-select.

well, ya it would, the lower number of spots the more selective they become, I have seen people with 3.7's with tech degrees turned down for designators, I even saw a person applying for medical scholarship with a high 3.9 GPA get turned down because the competition was tight and the spots few.

exNavyOffRec

My recruiter also told me there were 81/88 pilots selected and 101/108 NFOs selected

Caught up with a friend of mine today talked about some pers stuff but also the new boards, was mentioned that the numbers selected (specifically NFO) almost meet the goal for FY 14, however many were selected for Pilot AND NFO so there will likely be more spots once all is sorted out.

exNavyOffRec

Do you think if they really did only do IW, that it would include the SWO option in it as well?

They would have probably said IW and SWO options, there were several here selected for SWO IW last board and in general they have single digits for SWO IW so if I had to place a 1.00 bet I would say no.

exNavyOffRec

Long story short: Called the Spokane recruiting office because I hadn't heard from my NRD if I got selected...spoke to the Officer processor there who was extremely helpful. She said my age waiver was never seen by the "right" person for the aviation designator, therefore, my package was kicked to the curb a month ago and thus not seen by the most recent board. I was unaware of this until JUST now. I am extremely frustrated.

Congrats to everyone who was Pro-REC'd. Great group of people on this forum. I will stick around and resubmit.

That is a BS answer, someone dropped the ball, I sent up many prior service that need age waivers and the time for NRC to process them was no more and no less than a non prior applicant.

JamesL37

I put in for both SWO and Supply on August, and I got ProRec-Y for SWO. I heard that Supply was pushed back to early next year, but I plan to stick with SWO. Should I call my OR and withdraw? If I don't, then can it hold my FS back?