• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Though I am looking to go to Cargo after BQC, there are others who are calling this a myth and that there are other challenging bullets that help you promote. I’m here to promote Cargo but others aren’t.
Not a myth. If you look at all the current, and most of the former, SELRES Supply Admirals, they all were at one point Cargo Battalion COs. Having that experience on your record in front of the board carries more weight than someone who sat at an NRC somewhere (as long as you weren't a dirt bad while in Cargo).

My recommendation, your first billet will be 4yrs, do 2yrs as a Company Commander, then switch to a HQ unit at battalion for the final 2. If you don't suck, you'll wrap up those 4 yrs with your NESCO, 2 years of small unit leadership experience and a name that the board members or the Council of Captains will remember. Cargo is a large, but small community. Come in, excel and you will do fine.

RJS

Not a myth. If you look at all the current, and most of the former, SELRES Supply Admirals, they all were at one point Cargo Battalion COs. Having that experience on your record in front of the board carries more weight than someone who sat at an NRC somewhere (as long as you weren't a dirt bad while in Cargo).

My recommendation, your first billet will be 4yrs, do 2yrs as a Company Commander, then switch to a HQ unit at battalion for the final 2. If you don't suck, you'll wrap up those 4 yrs with your NESCO, 2 years of small unit leadership experience and a name that the board members or the Council of Captains will remember. Cargo is a large, but small community. Come in, excel and you will do fine.
Oh I'm certain it's not a myth. Just thinking about the bad gouge that's being passed along to those who are just getting started. Tried changing that narrative while at ODS but...it didn't take.

Currently in a student status awaiting to get to BQC and finish in the next 16 months (or less). Afterwards, I'm looking to apply for Cargo ASAP. I am also in a DH role supporting my unit (N7). Not so bad at all. Will try to complete a 2N1 before I leave as well. We'll see how it goes. Other than that....I'M READY.

Gizmo85

Getting no feedback from my recruiter. Does anyone know when the next Supply DCO packages are due. Wasn't able to met the March 5th Application cutoff.

Gizmo85

Getting no feedback from my recruiter. Does anyone know when the next Supply DCO packages are due. Wasn't able to met the March 5th Application cutoff.

I'm nervous but excited. I am a reconsideration from the 2020 board. MBA, 8 years of experience in process design as a Black Belt, and 6+ years of leadership experience. Hopefully the results come out soon!

TexCraft

Out of curiosity, does anyone have access to (and are able share) the DCO At Board List from this month? I see a few other groups on here sharing that information and was wondering how many folks submitted packages and all the other stats. Thank you in advance if you're able to help and no worries if you're not.

Rudy.30

Out of curiosity, does anyone have access to (and are able share) the DCO At Board List from this month? I see a few other groups on here sharing that information and was wondering how many folks submitted packages and all the other stats. Thank you in advance if you're able to help and no worries if you're not.
The only stats you will get is the total number of packages and how many where selected. The can not and will not release anything else.

exNavyOffRec

Like what was said above, the at board list just tells you numbers that applied, even with the number they plan to select that really doesn't help any as you don't know the quality of those who submitted.

RaginCajun

Last year’s board didn’t take too long. As soon as the board convened, results begin coming out approximately 2 weeks after.
Thanks! My wife is applying this year and we are so curious to know if she made it!

It's been 10 years since I went through this and can't remember how long it was.