• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

RaginCajun

For any current BQC student, have you heard about the upcoming "Saltwater Tour"?

I've said it once before, but it deserves repeating. For SELRES SUPPOs you need to make CARGO your first tour out of BQC. Cargo, Expeditionary Logistics, is "home" for SUPPOs and is where all new DCOs should be cutting their teeth. You will learn a TON of valuable skills that will last your entire Navy career. Not to mention, all the Supply Corps flags were former Cargo COs, who do you think will be sitting on promotion boards?? You will also come away with your NESCO, which you can only get in 3 units (Cargo being one of them). This is a differentiator when it comes to your O4 board, trust me.

Let me just echo this sentiment. I didn't go the cargo route, I went the Seabee route. It has hurt me so much as most of the Captains now are mostly there from cargo. They all love cargo and severely look down on O3s going to board without cargo experience. I went Seabees because when I joined I was told it was either that or cargo and both would be viewed equally but THAT IS NOT TRUE. My wife is applying for DCO Supply this cycle and I've told her if she gets in, go Cargo early and often.

Gizmo85

Let me just echo this sentiment. I didn't go the cargo route, I went the Seabee route. It has hurt me so much as most of the Captains now are mostly there from cargo. They all love cargo and severely look down on O3s going to board without cargo experience. I went Seabees because when I joined I was told it was either that or cargo and both would be viewed equally but THAT IS NOT TRUE. My wife is applying for DCO Supply this cycle and I've told her if she gets in, go Cargo early and often.
I'm still trying to see when packages are due. I keep reaching out to my recruiter but getting no feedback.

TexCraft

I'm still trying to see when packages are due. I keep reaching out to my recruiter but getting no feedback.
My recruiter told they are due 5/5 and that the board convenes on 6/12. My problem is that he still hasn’t received my appraisals and my interviews were back in February. Good luck to you!

Gizmo85

My recruiter told they are due 5/5 and that the board convenes on 6/12. My problem is that he still hasn’t received my appraisals and my interviews were back in February. Good luck to you!
I haven't completed my interviews or appraisals. My recruiter just dropped off the face of the earth.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I've done both, I've reached out to other recruiters within the local area. As well reached out to district last week. I was given the contact information of the recruiters I've already reached out to.

Keep trying.

Also, I’m looking at your profile, you appear to be a better fit for EDO, maybe an IWC program. Maybe that’s a part of why you’re not getting much help with supply corps.

TexCraft

More of a curiosity question than anything else, but are quotas public knowledge? I saw on the OCS Intel Board that they increased the number from 27 to 31, but I can't seem to find any DCO Supply Corps numbers for the board coming up on this site or online. When I click on mynavyhr links to poke around, I have access to some, but not others (I get "Server Error - 403 - Forbidden: Access is Denied"). Again, this is more trying to satisfy my own curiosity than anything else, I know that knowing this information won't make a bit of difference in whether or not I'm selected. Good luck to all those that are submitting packages this week.

exNavyOffRec

More of a curiosity question than anything else, but are quotas public knowledge? I saw on the OCS Intel Board that they increased the number from 27 to 31, but I can't seem to find any DCO Supply Corps numbers for the board coming up on this site or online. When I click on mynavyhr links to poke around, I have access to some, but not others (I get "Server Error - 403 - Forbidden: Access is Denied"). Again, this is more trying to satisfy my own curiosity than anything else, I know that knowing this information won't make a bit of difference in whether or not I'm selected. Good luck to all those that are submitting packages this week.
This is not something civilians have access to, your recruiter or many AD/reservist could see it on that site. I would just ask your recruiter and see what he says.

RJS

Though I am looking to go to Cargo after BQC, there are others who are calling this a myth and that there are other challenging bullets that help you promote. I’m here to promote Cargo but others aren’t.

RaginCajun

Though I am looking to go to Cargo after BQC, there are others who are calling this a myth and that there are other challenging bullets that help you promote. I’m here to promote Cargo but others aren’t.
Definitely not the ONLY way, but when all the admirals and a huge share of the prominent captains are former cargo, it really slants things. SEAL billets are good too. But as a suppo who refused to go the cargo route, I've been informed by many senior officers that I significantly hurt my chances of upward mobility. I went Seabees and did many challenging billets.

Reactions: RJS