• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

npthaiduong

From my own experience, the motivational statement should only have up to 4 paragraphs. These paragraphs will address three main questions: Why Me - Why Now - Why Navy. I can be wrong, but to my knowledge, your statement will be read to the board by a briefer. Therefore, being concise is the key to success!

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
2. I am in the process of writing LOR's. As far as I understand, two of the LOR's have to be from an employer and talk about work. Do they have to be from my current job? Or can they be from a previous job? The last LOR has to be a character reference. Does it have to be from an employer? Or does it have to be from someone non-work related?
I believe your recruiter should send the LOR template directly to the LOR writers, you shouldn't see the LOR or write them yourself. At least that was the process when I went through the DCO pipeline. You just provide your recruiter with the names and contact info (usually email) and the recruiter sends them the LOR. At the time, I had to provide 1 character reference, and at least 2 from my employer including my immediate supervisor.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
2. I am in the process of writing LOR's. As far as I understand, two of the LOR's have to be from an employer and talk about work. Do they have to be from my current job? Or can they be from a previous job? The last LOR has to be a character reference. Does it have to be from an employer? Or does it have to be from someone non-work related?

Applicants aren’t supposed to be writing LORs.

exNavyOffRec

I believe your recruiter should send the LOR template directly to the LOR writers, you shouldn't see the LOR or write them yourself. At least that was the process when I went through the DCO pipeline. You just provide your recruiter with the names and contact info (usually email) and the recruiter sends them the LOR. At the time, I had to provide 1 character reference, and at least 2 from my employer including my immediate supervisor.
Yep, and some companies have policies in place that prevent managers from writing LOR's or character references, the only thing they can disclose is if a person is/was employed there and the dates they were employed.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I have ask my DCO recruiter, still waiting on a response. Figured someone within this chat group who may also be considering the SELRES Supply Corps path would know as well.

Your question probably got lost in translation, follow up with them. They would have the most up to date deadlines including internal deadlines if there are any.

Aem022407

I have ask my DCO recruiter, still waiting on a response. Figured someone within this chat group who may also be considering the SELRES Supply Corps path would know as well.
Do not "wait" for a response. Make contact daily if needed via email, text, voicemail, etc. Let the DCO R know that you are serious about the application process.

Rudy.30

Thank you, I've sent text messages and a few emails. I will leave a voice message today.
All recruiters are not created equal... My first one was an O-3 and was getting out of the Navy and did not give two craps about my packet or answering my questions. The second one was a Chief and was much better..

Sounds like you are doing what you need to do. If you don't get anywhere try reaching out to another recruiter to get the info. I know a few at my NRC and don't mind asking them for you if you don't get anywhere.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
For any current BQC student, have you heard about the upcoming "Saltwater Tour"?

I've said it once before, but it deserves repeating. For SELRES SUPPOs you need to make CARGO your first tour out of BQC. Cargo, Expeditionary Logistics, is "home" for SUPPOs and is where all new DCOs should be cutting their teeth. You will learn a TON of valuable skills that will last your entire Navy career. Not to mention, all the Supply Corps flags were former Cargo COs, who do you think will be sitting on promotion boards?? You will also come away with your NESCO, which you can only get in 3 units (Cargo being one of them). This is a differentiator when it comes to your O4 board, trust me.

alessandrorscott

Good morning everyone,

I’m fairly new to the site in that this is my first time posting, but I’ve been lurking around for a couple months gathering what I think has been useful info to prepare for the OAR. I managed to score a 66 on my first attempt, which my recruiter has indicated makes me competitive for SUPPO.

I’m still working on my package, but I’m fairly confident in my current state as a graduating senior. I’m sitting on a 3.5 GPA in physiology (STEM degrees I also hear are preferred).

I’d really appreciate any and all advice on how to make my package as strong as possible for the boards. I’m aiming to apply for the Nov 7 board, but I haven’t heard how many seats are still available for this year.

Also, to any current Suppos reading, I’d love to get input on what the job is like and what you recommend to those looking to get into the corps/joining the corps.

I appreciate you all in advance. Hooyah navy!

Gizmo85

All recruiters are not created equal... My first one was an O-3 and was getting out of the Navy and did not give two craps about my packet or answering my questions. The second one was a Chief and was much better..

Sounds like you are doing what you need to do. If you don't get anywhere try reaching out to another recruiter to get the info. I know a few at my NRC and don't mind asking them for you if you don't get anywhere.
Good Morning, still no reply from my recruiter. I also shot a text over to another recruiter, still no word.