• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Attention all future Supply DCO candidates. The existing procedure for interviews is changing in FY22. Below are the details of the new process/procedure. Good luck.

As a reminder, this year, we are conducting interviews via a 3-member panel concept, fully coordinated by regional DCO Recruiting Managers (RM). This has been discussed with most of the recruiters within their respective regions. The DCO interview season begins 01JAN and runs through 15MAY, boards meet in the Summer with results released via NRC typically in SEPT.

Reactions: RJS

exNavyOffRec

Attention all future Supply DCO candidates. The existing procedure for interviews is changing in FY22. Below are the details of the new process/procedure. Good luck.

As a reminder, this year, we are conducting interviews via a 3-member panel concept, fully coordinated by regional DCO Recruiting Managers (RM). This has been discussed with most of the recruiters within their respective regions. The DCO interview season begins 01JAN and runs through 15MAY, boards meet in the Summer with results released via NRC typically in SEPT.
Interesting as this was how it was years ago, or at least how it was run at our NRD. It makes sense thought to make sure it is standardized.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

This is valid and will be reflected in the future DCO SC Program Authorization.

subreservist

Hopefully, they can get these 3-member panels organized efficiently - at times it was challenging enough to get the needed 2!

Lemwolf

As a reminder, this year, we are conducting interviews via a 3-member panel concept, fully coordinated by regional DCO Recruiting Managers (RM). This has been discussed with most of the recruiters within their respective regions. The DCO interview season begins 01JAN and runs through 15MAY, boards meet in the Summer with results released via NRC typically in SEPT.just
Just curious, why do you think they switched to a panel interview?? Anyone has knowledge to why??

exNavyOffRec

Just curious, why do you think they switched to a panel interview?? Anyone has knowledge to why??
It is something IWC DCO has done for a long time, Supply DCO did the panel interviews in my area all the time and it appears others were doing it as well, so it is probably more of a "standardize it" than anything else.

Lemwolf

It is something IWC DCO has done for a long time, Supply DCO did the panel interviews in my area all the time and it appears others were doing it as well, so it is probably more of a "standardize it" than anything else.
Okay,
I just hope this time i get picked up, i have been real active in my unit and promoted last July. Looking forward to this years selection process. I even obtained four DAWI certs.

Reactions: RJS

TheClyde

As a candidate, it seemed like arranging the interviews was a bit of a mess. My guess is it just becomes much more efficient and saves tons of excessive emails and calls by having a structured interview process.

exNavyOffRec

As a candidate, it seemed like arranging the interviews was a bit of a mess. My guess is it just becomes much more efficient and saves tons of excessive emails and calls by having a structured interview process.
The way I saw it done for IWC and Supply DCO was they had the panel set with the OIC as the senior person, they would set 2 days to give options for the candidates and then they would pick times for the interviews.

The bad was that if a person was unavailable either of those 2 times they were pretty much SOL until the next cycle.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Part of the panels is to arrange multiple interviews with candidates and to better assist RC Supply Corps Officers with providing better interview sheets. Similar to EVALs with enlisted sailors, the interview sheet is also meant to provide "breakouts" (ie: forced distribution) should the interviewer be interviewing multiple candidates. It can diminish the effect of a good interview sheet if the same officer is saying "My BEST candidate" multiple times during the DCO selection board.

RJS

Took the leap in beginning an application this past December. Had to do a mock PRT for an RE waiver. I should not have an issue given the final result of an Excellent High. However, I do understand that this waivers are based on the needs of the Navy. Last things are one last letter of reference from an employer and the interviews. Thinking maybe I should request one last letter of reference (character) from one of my connects that was an 0-8. Not sure if it would have any weight on my application.

RJS

Good afternoon…can someone confirm application deadline as 2 May? Last time I remember hearing 1 June.