• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

rwalz001

Congrats to those selected! I was selected in 2019 so I have been to ODS and am in the middle of BQC now so feel free to reach out with any questions and I will be happy to help

I'm finishing up ODS in a few weeks, can you answer a few questions on BQC? Is there any way that we could talk on the phone?

RJS

Very quiet this time around. Finished interviews this past Thursday via the change as to how they were being conducted. 1 CAPT, 1 CDR, and 1 LCDR. Overall, it was great conversation both personally and professionally. Also to note that application submission dates apparently moved to the left from a 31 MAY submission to 2 MAY.

This is my first time submitting DCO after submitting for OCS 10 years ago. I wasn’t competitive enough at the time and have been working ardently to strengthen my professional profile. Currently working on a DBA with projected finish dates of July 2023. Contracting professional in a leadership role this time around. Was an uphill battle for waiver submissions for sickle cell-trait and RE code of RE-3E. Thankfully, both were approved without any delays or extended questions. With that said, good luck to those submitting this season.

number9

Contributor
Very quiet this time around. Finished interviews this past Thursday via the change as to how they were being conducted. 1 CAPT, 1 CDR, and 1 LCDR. Overall, it was great conversation both personally and professionally. Also to note that application submission dates apparently moved to the left from a 31 MAY submission to 2 MAY.
This is the (former) MBA student in me, but did you send thank-you emails? Always a good habit to get in to.

Good luck with the application!

RJS

This is the (former) MBA student in me, but did you send thank-you emails? Always a good habit to get in to.

Good luck with the application!

Hi number9,

Thanks for the reminder. I have drafted such emails and plan to send out this afternoon. I wanted to give them an opportunity to complete their appraisals before doing so but will get on this as soon as possible since my recruiter is out of the office until 20 April. It was expressed to me that I had been their 6th interview with one left to go. Thanks for the good luck wishes.

number9

Contributor
Hi number9,

Thanks for the reminder. I have drafted such emails and plan to send out this afternoon. I wanted to give them an opportunity to complete their appraisals before doing so but will get on this as soon as possible since my recruiter is out of the office until 20 April. It was expressed to me that I had been their 6th interview with one left to go. Thanks for the good luck wishes.
No worries! When I applied for IWC, no one replied to the emails (I wasn't surprised) but it's always nice to send them. After I was selected I replied to those same emails, and then the responses came in!

Lemwolf

Well,
This is my second time around, finished my interviews yesterday. Now the waiting "game" begins. Good Luck to everyone !

Reactions: RJS

Lemwolf

Does anyone know how many DCO candidates will be selected for Supply? It was told to me the FY21 had 140 applications but only 25 was selected.

Rudy.30

Does anyone know how many DCO candidates will be selected for Supply? It was told to me the FY21 had 140 applications but only 25 was selected.
They selected ~35 last year so I would say something close to that. There might be a number out there but it never matches what they actually select. Someone else might be more in the know than me though, like recruiters...

Lemwolf

Okay,

Thanks after my interview yesterday one of the CDR's said they are selecting more than last year but he did not specify a specific number.

RJS

35 is the magic number. However, I’ve also heard 35% of applicants due to a high number of application submissions. Possibly the reason why board dates changed from 31 May to 2 May with a convening date change from 11 July to 16 June. It’s all speculation if you ask me. The good thing is that they intend on selecting more from this year’s pool of candidates. Best wishes to you Lemwolf (Good Luck).

Lemwolf

Thanks,

Another thing the CDR said it has been an issue with candidates being unaware they were selected. I was told to be proactive with my OR and check emails and my physical mail box regularly. He said the way candidates have been notified has not ben the best. Have you heard this?

RJS

Thanks,

Another thing the CDR said it has been an issue with candidates being unaware they were selected. I was told to be proactive with my OR and check emails and my physical mail box regularly. He said the way candidates have been notified has not ben the best. Have you heard this?
I have not heard that before. But that’s maybe because this is my first time submitting for DCO. I submitted for OCS about 10 years ago and my recruiter told me almost immediately after finding out. I wasn’t even aware that candidates were notified via mail.

Lemwolf

Oh,

Okay well this way is a long process even for us prior service or candidates who are still serving. I met a guy on Air Warriors that was going into the Intel community that didn't get selected his first go around last year and he has Masters in Intelligence, 20 years experience as a Director numerous certifications for that community. His only affiliation with the military is volunteer. But i convinced him to apply again this year again.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Oh,

Okay well this way is a long process even for us prior service or candidates who are still serving. I met a guy on Air Warriors that was going into the Intel community that didn't get selected his first go around last year and he has Masters in Intelligence, 20 years experience as a Director numerous certifications for that community. His only affiliation with the military is volunteer. But i convinced him to apply again this year again.

A poor interview/s can tank a strong resume like that.

crazed

A poor interview/s can tank a strong resume like that.
Please what constitutes a poor interview: poor appraisal comments or scores less than 9/10?

I'm asking because I had a very good interview with my panel. One of the panelists, a CDR, wrote great things on the appraisal comment section -- he actually wrote stuff like "top-notch candidate" and "select now!", but he gave me an 8. So far I have 10 and 8; still waiting on a third score.

My other questions are ...
- Does the selection board read comments or do they automatically toss apps with scores less that 9/10?
- I've heard of someone that had 8,7,7 and still got selected. How common is this?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Last edited: