• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

Hair Warrior

Contributor
His contacts had some pull, he didn't ask from my understanding but it was known at the board level who his family friends were.
Oh well, either they picked the right person (and it’s a moot point) or they didn’t.

FWIW, my relative commissioned as a reserve SUPPO at the age of 21. He also made LTJG in 14 months after ENS, and made LT in 15 months after JG. Way different era.

FitGar

Darker than the depths of the oceans.
As a 2nd Class currently serving, I was curious if Evals have any weight before the board. I do think on other aspects of my application I have weight. I just wanted to know if anyone here would have any perspective on this. Thanks in advance!

exNavyOffRec

As a 2nd Class currently serving, I was curious if Evals have any weight before the board. I do think on other aspects of my application I have weight. I just wanted to know if anyone here would have any perspective on this. Thanks in advance!
are you asking for when you get out and try to go DCO or are you asking about trying to go for OCS

FitGar

Darker than the depths of the oceans.
are you asking for when you get out and try to go DCO or are you asking about trying to go for OCS

I am applying for Supply DCO. I just wanted to know if my Evals will be looked at and if they will present any weight to my over-all package.

Hi Everyone, I am interested in applying to the Navy's DCO program. I am 32 right now and have over 11 years of experience working in the Supply Chain field. I have a Bachelor's in Information Systems Management-3.75 GPA and an MBA as well. I also have certifications such Six Sigma. Although I have these experiences and skills, I have one red flag. Ten years ago I had applied to Navy OCS while In college and I got selected for Supply Corps. Two weeks before my ship date, I was hit by a car while running (Minor accident). Fortunately, I got away with just a bone bruise to my knee. My doctor evaluated me and recommended that I did not go to OCS for that time because of the injury. I told my recruiter, he understood and I wrote a statement explaining my appreciation for the offer but because of my injury, I would have to withdraw for that time.

Now, I am fully healed and can do any physical activity without any pain. If needed, I can provide a note from my doctor clearing me and saying that he is confident in my ability to perform military activities. Will this prior offer from OCS disqualify me from applying to DCO? I still have a desire to serve in the Navy. I understand I will have to explain the reason I turned down OCS back then and it may be an uphill battle but would I be eligible to at least apply and submit a package? I have spoken to a recruiter, he did say nothing says that I am ineligible to apply based on my situation but he wasn't to sure either. I am looking at Supply. Any feedback is appreciated.

exNavyOffRec

Hi Everyone, I am interested in applying to the Navy's DCO program. I am 32 right now and have over 11 years of experience working in the Supply Chain field. I have a Bachelor's in Information Systems Management-3.75 GPA and an MBA as well. I also have certifications such Six Sigma. Although I have these experiences and skills, I have one red flag. Ten years ago I had applied to Navy OCS while In college and I got selected for Supply Corps. Two weeks before my ship date, I was hit by a car while running (Minor accident). Fortunately, I got away with just a bone bruise to my knee. My doctor evaluated me and recommended that I did not go to OCS for that time because of the injury. I told my recruiter, he understood and I wrote a statement explaining my appreciation for the offer but because of my injury, I would have to withdraw for that time.

Now, I am fully healed and can do any physical activity without any pain. If needed, I can provide a note from my doctor clearing me and saying that he is confident in my ability to perform military activities. Will this prior offer from OCS disqualify me from applying to DCO? I still have a desire to serve in the Navy. I understand I will have to explain the reason I turned down OCS back then and it may be an uphill battle but would I be eligible to at least apply and submit a package? I have spoken to a recruiter, he did say nothing says that I am ineligible to apply based on my situation but he wasn't to sure either. I am looking at Supply. Any feedback is appreciated.

So either there is something missing or your recruiter did not explain your options. I will say first that your doctor was right to advise you to not go as the physical demands would have not been fun with a bone bruise. The thing that is confusing me is that since your doctor didn't recommend you go due to the injury all your OR would have had to do is submit that document and they would have given you a Temp Not Physically Qualified (TNPQ) and they would have rescheduled you for another OCS class when the injury was healed, did he not explain that?

You will have to go through MEPS as part of the DCO process anyway. Have you ran a PRT to see how you stack up?

So either there is something missing or your recruiter did not explain your options. I will say first that your doctor was right to advise you to not go as the physical demands would have not been fun with a bone bruise. The thing that is confusing me is that since your doctor didn't recommend you go due to the injury all your OR would have had to do is submit that document and they would have given you a Temp Not Physically Qualified (TNPQ) and they would have rescheduled you for another OCS class when the injury was healed, did he not explain that?
Thanks for your response, my recruiter did explain to me that he could push my ship date back. The problem was that he said the earliest I could ship wasn't until seven months. I did not mind this initially but my father was laid off from his job and therefore, I could not afford to wait that long to ship out.

I explained to the recruiter my situation, he understood and had me write a statement, I turned in documentation about my injury as well.

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for your response, my recruiter did explain to me that he could push my ship date back. The problem was that he said the earliest I could ship wasn't until seven months. I did not mind this initially but my father was laid off from his job and therefore, I could not afford to wait that long to ship out.
It sounds as if he just wanted to be done with you, he wouldn't know when you could go as he doesn't control the spots, and until you would have been PQ they wouldn't know what was available.

This shouldn't hold you up, just explain it the way you did here and you should be fine.

RJS

Age is not an issue. I was just selected in Sept and am 39 (also non-prior). Just make sure you stay competitive (as it seams you are) and have excellent interviews ( if you can find 0-6 SUPPO reserves). Small bit of advise, work on attaining DAWIA certs. They are not required but are very helpful. It took me multiple cycles to be selected so don’t get discouraged. You need to stay committed as some folks took them more than 3.
Pseide,

Been giving this much thought since the last time I submitted many years ago. Would still be an uphill battle for me considering receiving a RE-3E in 2003 (Sickle Cell Trait) as well as submitting for OCS buck in 2013. That RE-3E was once an RE-4 but, sought to have it changed after proving that there was no justification for it. Albeit, I went back to school to obtain my MBA (2017 Syracuse) and got into Contracting (2016). Obtained DAWIA Level II but left Civil Service just recently for a new experience. Been reconsidering submission now after having completed the majority of education requirements for a Doctorate (Liberty U). With 15 credits left for completion, I've been really reconsidering this. Definitely may reach out to an Officer Recruiter to see about resubmitting for DCO.