• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

suppo2010

What a bummer. I could see, in both of my situations - drilling reservist and deployed reservist, neither of my CO's would have been too concerned about losing me. My board didn't meet until well after my deployment ended and my reserve CO doesn't have any real manning minimums or people deemed Mission Critical. I would bet that did send morale in the tank.

where do you drill?

suppo2010

What a bummer. I could see, in both of my situations - drilling reservist and deployed reservist, neither of my CO's would have been too concerned about losing me. My board didn't meet until well after my deployment ended and my reserve CO doesn't have any real manning minimums or people deemed Mission Critical. I would bet that did send morale in the tank.

3912 DCO where do u drill

priorAF

I am also prior service for the January 13th Supply Board. Deck Seaman to RM3 four years active sea duty. I know my recruiter had two applicants from Northeast Florida. I think he also had a couple from Orlando area as well.

Thanks for the update SH1906. This now makes four priors that I know of, two prior Navy and two prior Air Force. I think suppo2010 has already been selected, so there are four I know my recruiter was dealing with, three from this site, and maybe four others thanks to SH1906; therefore, I think we are up to eleven, right? Sounds like maybe nine from Florida alone.

SH1906, do you have any post-grad? I wonder who else will post more info for us to add. I really hope we make it!

Oh, I just remembered, I was looking on that navy.mil site I mentioned a few posts ago looking for that info I mentioned someone had done a prior post on about the info on the DCO Selects for FY10, but I couldn’t find it, so I think it’s actually on military.com under communities. If I remember the prior post correctly, it’s one of the two sites I posted/communities/supply/DCO Selects for FY10. I’m sure we’ll find it by next Wednesday.

I also remembered another enlisted person from my enlisted days who was not allowed to become an officer, but I didn’t know this person at all, except, that I found out about this by accident at the admin building during out-processing and I know all of those who knew about it were ordered not to discuss it with anybody because the brass did not want morale to tank. I think my point on this issue is, the priority is not an automatic for the currently enlisted and they have to be allowed to leave by their military branch and their commander. I remember it had to do with the Air Force declaring you critical, or a shortage of people in your career field, or how much they spent to train you. Therefore, if they spent $50,000 or $70,000 training you, well they were going to get their money out of you first! I also know that a commander could shoot-down an officer select for the same reasons I just stated, but I know they did not like loosing an E-3 or an E-4 only to get a replacement MUCH later with an E-1 or and E-2, therefore a commander could say NO just to prevent any delay in personnel or to prevent a brain-drain of a higher for a lower rank.

TonyK

I agree with Prior-AF, I tried to get commissioned prior to leaving active duty after getting my Bachelor's and I had such a hard time getting anyone in command to support me, I gave up and got out. Maybe it was just an Air Force thing?

I am sure my age will work against me. I am 46 and although I am in good shape and will reach 20 years of service (with about 6 years active duty) at 55, I am sure they would prefer people younger than me.

I also am finding it surreal that the Board is finally almost here after starting this process last June. It's been a long time coming.

Also - I had no problems getting my military records.

SH1906

Yes, I have a MS in Leadership and PhD in Instructional Technology. Someone mentioned the possibilities of going to WAR. One of the CDRs who interviewed me received his deployment orders the morning of interviewing me. In fact he told me this was his second deployment in 8 years. He did also say his deployments were 7mos. in length with time in country. The other CDR has never been to sea let alone deployment to WAR.

SH1906

I agree with Prior-AF, I tried to get commissioned prior to leaving active duty after getting my Bachelor's and I had such a hard time getting anyone in command to support me, I gave up and got out. Maybe it was just an Air Force thing?

I am sure my age will work against me. I am 46 and although I am in good shape and will reach 20 years of service (with about 6 years active duty) at 55, I am sure they would prefer people younger than me.

I also am finding it surreal that the Board is finally almost here after starting this process last June. It's been a long time coming.

Also - I had no problems getting my military records.

Don't worry abut your age. My recruiter told me when he went to DCO school there was a non prior service man who was 50 in his class. He said his narrative was the compelling reason he thought he got in because his son died in service and wanted to honor him by also serving in the Navy as an officer. If they Navy thinks they can use you, your age will be a minor factor. I know for me this time, if I make it they are going to have to kick me out at age 60. I have heard many other stories of selecties well in their late 40's.

TonyK

Yes, our fates are sealed and according to Prior-AF, we should be able to find out something on the 20th. Best of luck to all and thanks for the words of encouragement.

Tomcatter

Hi all,

I am waiting for my results to come out for the Reserve Supply DCO as well. My recruiter failed to submit my package in July and now it's finally in and reviewed by the board. Waiting game continues for all of us. Best luck to you all!

I am also a Navy prior-enlisted (active duty). I served 4 years from 2001 to 2005 as an Aviation Structural Mechanic, attached to Fighter Squadron 31 in NAS Oceana, VA. I made two deployments onboard USS Abraham Lincoln and USS John C. Stennis. I don't have a masters degree but I have a dual BS in Finance and International Business. Currently, I am in DC area working as a Financial Transformation Consultant for IBM Global Business Services. I have previous work experience with the SEC and an Asset Management firm.

Thanks for your feedback and I look forward sharing more Supply DCO related information in the future.

Dan

priorAF

The 13th

Topcatter, best of luck to us all.

Well, for me the day of the 13th went by really fast and it just seemed like another day. Now, the 13th is over and I’m left thinking, “WOW, that was it – it really happened!” According to what I’ve read on this site, we should all hear something next week because it seems the results are normally released the following Wednesday and it seems we will be notified by our recruiters. Also, from what I have read, it seems we may get a call from a few officers congratulating us. Maybe somebody can confirm this for us?

I took a look at that website someone posted before I mentioned it again about a “list” of those selected, it’s on military.com, but I think it was nothing more than a “feeding frenzy” and I do not think any list is released for us to see, but I could be wrong as I’ve not done this before. Therefore, I think the only way for us to be notified is by our recruiter. Maybe somebody can confirm this for us also?

Keaopolohiwa

Aloha,
I am new to this site. I also have a package in for the January 13th board. I am currently a recruiter on active duty. I have decent knowledge about the recruiting aspect, but I have to wait for the results like everyone else. I do have fairly easy access, but your recruiter should call as soon as they get the results. Sometimes there is an early perging of applicants, like a round 1, then they pick from those packages.

priorAF

Aloha,
I am new to this site. I also have a package in for the January 13th board. I am currently a recruiter on active duty. I have decent knowledge about the recruiting aspect, but I have to wait for the results like everyone else. I do have fairly easy access, but your recruiter should call as soon as they get the results. Sometimes there is an early perging of applicants, like a round 1, then they pick from those packages.

Aloha,

It's GREAT to have you on this site! I have a question for you. Can we expect to hear the Board's results next Wednesday, or will we hear when the Board gets around to releasing the information? Basically, what's the time frame? Thanks for your post.

priorAF

Aloha, I thought of another question for you. Can you post how many people applied to this Board, how many packets made it to the Board, and how many people have been selected?

Stretch_gh

Hello all,

I'm new. I just joined today after being a lurker for a while. Tomcatter, I think you and I have the same recruiter not only b/c we are from the same region but b/c the exact same thing happened to me. I'm also waiting for the Jan. 2010 Supply DCO board results after my recruiter did not submit my whole package back in July 09.

I'm a former Marine Sgt-Supply (3052) and I served from 2000-2004 with duty stations in Okinawa, Japan for a year and deployed to Australia for 3 months. I finished up my last two and a half years at MCAS New River where I worked outside of my original ground side supply and worked in aviation supply. I'm 29 with a Bachelor's in Business Admin (3.06) and an MBA (3.92). I talked to my recruiter last Monday and he informed me that my package was there. So I guess all we can do is wait. Good luck to the three that I've seen that are waiting for the Supply board results.