• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

ODSCandidate

OCSCandidate
USNR Supply: Good, Bad, and the Ugly (Bonus: Who's going for DCO Supply now)

Anyone out there submit a package for the July 27th supply board?

supply dco

My recruiter called me on Wednesday, I got selected Supply DCO. The most humbling experience of my life with out question. If there is anyone who will be going up for the next Supply DCO Board I would be happy to exchange some of my do's and do nots that have been shared with me.

Hi RM3. Just curious, if you have any feedback you could share with me. Submitting my pkg next wk for the upcoming board. Have not been selected twice now and feel like I could use some advice. Maybe we can talk via email: nbb100@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance,

M-

Scout7525

I am new to the process. I am looking for pointers in the process.
I am a 43 year old veteran.
10 years active duty and 3 years guard. SSG (E-6) Scout (19D). I am a first Gulf War Veteran (shield, storm, and fox) and OIF 2 (2004 – 2005). Squad/Section Leader awards include; Bronze Star Medal (2nd award), Purple Heart, Army Commendation medal (7th Award), Army Achievement Medal (4th Award).

Medially retired but better now.

Professional experience:

• 8 years as a project manager managing various engineering service contracts, held profit and loss responsibility.

• 1.5 years as project manager for a aerospace company managing process improvement projects on commercial airplane programs.
  • 2 years experience as a manager of supplier quality for defense contractor on airplane programs
  • I am currently a Special Agent (Criminal Investigator) with the US Treasury.
Certification:
  • PMP from PMI
  • CMQ&PI from ASQ

Education:

• BS in Management

• MBA

• MPM

• MAFM

Looking for pointers and lessons learned.

Chris Bracken

I have a completed DCO app in my hand and will be submitting this week for the July Proboard. As I was getting my medical, the doctor (a CDR) told me that considering my age/experience I would likely get accessed at above Ensign if I was selected. Anyone know anything about this?

Remember June 22nd is the deadline!

jms4netsec

INFOSEC/IA SME
You have to commission in time to get 20 years in by age 60. Active duty or prior service time counts.
While I am hardly an expert on *anything*, having asked this basic question myself for my package(s), I was informed that this was only a cultural bias and not a requirement. Is there anyone from NRC in the room who can respond authoritatively?

BackOrdered

Contributor
While I am hardly an expert on *anything*, having asked this basic question myself for my package(s), I was informed that this was only a cultural bias and not a requirement. Is there anyone from NRC in the room who can respond authoritatively?

You should perhaps contact your NRD.

jms4netsec

INFOSEC/IA SME
You should perhaps contact your NRD.

For (most) civilian applicants, NRD *is* the sole point of information. When pressed on the point, they have been unable to produce any RA which states that the ability to 'make 20' is a hard rule, and (in my experience) get rather testy when pressed on anything.

Frankly, I've had much better luck with NRC as an authority than I've ever had (until recently) with my local NRD. Of course, YMMV.

RaginCajun

Had a SUpply Officer interview today. I'm trying for Supply in Jan since my recruiter says there definitely will be board.

mit311

I applied as well. Deadline for applications was supposedly 12/13, and board meets I believe 21 Jan. I was also told that another board was going to meet in March, but my recruiter did not know how many slots were available on either board. The interviews were the best part, all the officers were very upfront and most of the talk was about what the reserves / suppo would be like.