• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Intel questions

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hopefully they are able to break the program down into parts to help alleviate the strain on reservists! I'm 100% for attending and understand the reasoning behind the AD school (as well as ODS) but its still a large commitment.

The 'commitment' for ODS is a pretty small one in the grand scheme of the reserves, I certainly hope someone has filled you in on the possibilities of being mobilized.

As has been said several times in this thread by several different folks, ODS is the officer accession program for DCO's now and that is it. Period. The Navy decided it didn't need to put extra effort, and more importantly the extra money, into a very small program for a tiny subsection of Navy officers commissioning into the Navy. News flash, you ain't that special.

It's hard for me to understand how a freshly minted O-3 coming onboard will be able to get ODS, qualified, and any sort of promising billet/mob accomplished before their first look at O-4. Busy busy!

Are you commissioning as an O-3?

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Hopefully they are able to break the program down into parts to help alleviate the strain on reservists! I'm 100% for attending and understand the reasoning behind the AD school (as well as ODS) but its still a large commitment. It's hard for me to understand how a freshly minted O-3 coming onboard will be able to get ODS, qualified, and any sort of promising billet/mob accomplished before their first look at O-4. Busy busy!
Nope. You either take the active duty course or you find something else to do. Enlisted Reservists have to go to boot camp, et al., and they have consistency with training.

kevincvk

Hi all! Can any 1835 Intel DCO's help confirm that this training pipeline is accurate?
ADT as follows:
1st yr - ODS
2nd yr - IWBC
3rd yr - RNIOBC I and II ( I assume no one goes to the NIOBC version)

For the training periods, what does your pay consists? Do you get BAH based on the school zip code or your current house zip code?