• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Intel Community Gouge (Bonus: "The Long Blue Wait" in FY09)

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
draft schedule gouge from another site. 1635 is the Intelligence Officer designator.

DESIG SCHEDULED BOARD DATES
1135 24 MAY 10
1145 KITS SENT TO COMMUNITY UPON RECEIPT
1205 NO GOAL FOR FY10
1465 ****STILL PENDING
1515 22 JAN 10
1525 22 JAN 10
1605 ****STILL PENDING
1635 14 SEPT 09, 11 JAN 10, 12 APR 10
1645 ****STILL PENDING
1655 3 MAY 10
3105 27 JULY 2009, 13 JAN 10, 28 JULY 10
5105 KITS SENT TO COMMUNITY UPON RECEIPT
1805 22 MAR 10
1625/65 NO GOAL FOR FY10
4105 First Tuesday of each month
2105 1st and 3rd Friday of each month
2205 1st and 3rd Friday of each month
2305 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month
2905 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month

Here are the designators if you are no aware:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Naval_Officer_Designators

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks
draft schedule gouge from another site. 1635 is the Intelligence Officer designator.

DESIG SCHEDULED BOARD DATES
1135 24 MAY 10
1145 KITS SENT TO COMMUNITY UPON RECEIPT
1205 NO GOAL FOR FY10
1465 ****STILL PENDING
1515 22 JAN 10
1525 22 JAN 10
1605 ****STILL PENDING
1635 14 SEPT 09, 11 JAN 10, 12 APR 10
1645 ****STILL PENDING
1655 3 MAY 10
3105 27 JULY 2009, 13 JAN 10, 28 JULY 10
5105 KITS SENT TO COMMUNITY UPON RECEIPT
1805 22 MAR 10
1625/65 NO GOAL FOR FY10
4105 First Tuesday of each month
2105 1st and 3rd Friday of each month
2205 1st and 3rd Friday of each month
2305 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month
2905 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month

Here are the designators if you are no aware:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Naval_Officer_Designators

Anybody know how early you can get into these things? I'm commissioning later this month (everything is still on track) and due to some work issues I won't be able to go until the April 2010 running. Is this something I should mention my first drill weekend? Do we have a wish-list of when we get to go?

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Anybody know how early you can get into these things? I'm commissioning later this month (everything is still on track) and due to some work issues I won't be able to go until the April 2010 running. Is this something I should mention my first drill weekend? Do we have a wish-list of when we get to go?

I don't understand what you are asking. The list I provided was for the board dates. If you are commissioning, then you have already been selected.

What are you asking, exactly?

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks
I don't understand what you are asking. The list I provided was for the board dates. If you are commissioning, then you have already been selected.

What are you asking, exactly?

My fault. I misread that...I thought those were the dates for DCOIC...and I heard that the two week course started in January and April (apparently the same time as the board dates). My question was about the two week school, when those dates were, and how easy it is to get into the one you want....

I need to open my eyes next time and read the post! :icon_tong

turbobore

I submitted a package for a reserve Intel DCO position back in Mar. 2009. The Intel selection board was supposed to meet in May 2009 but was then postponed to July then August and now Sept 14th. I received a message from my recruiter today stating that he heard a rumor that those who submitted Intel packages earlier in the year may get looked at by a board this month, August. Just a rumor!

das

Contributor
1.) I didn't have to do a PRT for the DCO application process, but you do have to take a PRT - two, in fact - at DCOIC, if selected. On the DCOIC Academics page, it says:

Military training at Direct Commission Officer's Indoctrination Course is comprised of the following categories:

Physical Training: There are two Physical Fitness Assessments (PFA): the Indoctrination PFA and the Out-PFA.

To answer the other questions:

2.) I took the ASTB very early in the process. In my case, I took it at a local NROTC unit since my recruiter is about 2.5 hours away from me.

3.) You can always submit a package for another DCO board (if you have a recruiter who will do so). Generally speaking, something has to "change" about your package in order to resubmit. How large of a "change" this is depends on the community you're applying for, your recruiter's assessment, etc. You may also be "tabled" at a board and automatically passed through for review at the next board.

das

Contributor
dephyler said:
HA, that's new. We only did one when I went last Nov. I swear, every new class does it totally differently.

Well, I haven't been to DCOIC...so I'm just regurgitating what it says on the web site... ;)

bucki4lyfe

Michigan Sucks
P.S.

I commissioned today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First drill weekend is Sep 12. Hit up the "Commissioned Today" thread by SavvyPR to see my timeline of events.

See you all at DCOIC!

USNGRL

Sept 14th.

Hello All,

I just wanted to say hello. I am new to "Thread". I have been digging around the 'net looking for some gouge on DCO boards. This thread is fantastic. Just the thing I was looking for.
I am also looking for anyone who submitted for the DCO Reserve Intel Board, Sept 14th. Any word on that?
Thanks.

turbobore

I submitted and Intel DCO package earlier in the year and am waiting for the Sep 14th board. Talked to my recruiter the other day and he said the board is still on. However, he has no idea how many packages they are going to review or how many officers they will select. He expects an update closer to the 14th as to how many packages will be reviewed. He said once the board meets he should have info on the results by mid Oct if not sooner.

USNGRL

Turbo,
Here is what I've got. 60 billets for Sept, then 20, then 20 again. Also, some crazy number like 300 applications! WTF!

turbobore

They have so many apps because the haven't had an Intel board since Feb. 09, as the others were canceled. The economy may have inspired many to put in apps as well. If one figures the odds with no other factors involved based on your numbers one has a 20% shot at the first board. Good luck to you USNGRL.

smloan2

I submitted and Intel DCO package earlier in the year and am waiting for the Sep 14th board. Talked to my recruiter the other day and he said the board is still on. However, he has no idea how many packages they are going to review or how many officers they will select. He expects an update closer to the 14th as to how many packages will be reviewed. He said once the board meets he should have info on the results by mid Oct if not sooner.

That is exactly what my recruiter told me. He said about two weeks after the board meets, he should have the results, hopefully before October. Just from reading the messages here, it seems that some recruiters get the results much faster.....I guess it depends on your recruiter. The large amount of applications they have to go through may also delay the results a bit.

das

Contributor
USNGRL, I am also applying to the 14 SEP board. For what it's worth, I talked to my recruiter this morning, and was told the board was still going ahead as scheduled, but he didn't have specifics on numbers, etc. Good luck to you!

They have so many apps because the haven't had an Intel board since Feb. 09, as the others were canceled. The economy may have inspired many to put in apps as well. If one figures the odds with no other factors involved based on your numbers one has a 20% shot at the first board. Good luck to you USNGRL.

I believe there actually has been no board since OCT 08, and the ones originally scheduled for February and/or March were canceled...I may be incorrect on this; perhaps someone else can confirm. In any case, you're right: a lot of people have been waiting quite a while for this first FY10 board.

I think it's also worth noting that your odds of selection may vary with the region...e.g., there may be a different ratio for the different Navy Intelligence Reserve Regions.